• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

49 yard filed goals.....

Macias has the leg to hit from 50. Recall that in the WIU game, he missed a 50 yarder just wide left, but with plenty of distance. Was the FG that right call in this situation? Obviously history proves no, but I didn't hate it when they lined up for it.

But I agree that this appeared to be a fake FG gone awry. Perhaps it was a an audible call at the LOS and only the right side of the line heard the call. RJ Nelson is clearly leaking out the right side of the line and looking back for the football to be thrown. And it appears he would have had a walk-in touchdown as well had the ball been thrown.

I think it is kind of nice to know that we have a kicker who can make a 50+ if it is needed. Just never know when that might come in handy?

That kick could have been good for another 10 yards. He has plenty of range. Maybe the BS posts will stop now.

Nice job by the Griz kicker the past few weeks including the 49 yard field (spelled it right) vs. NAU on Saturday. That one was makeable at 7,000+ feet, indoors, nice temperature.

All questions answered regarding Macias. His long ones were good for another 10 yards; he's got all the range you need from your place kicker. 13 of 17 FGs, 34 of 34 PATs, 73 points, by far the team leader; what's not to like...

Next someone will whine about our punter....

Mousegriz said:
Dillon said:

"Whinny"? :thumb:

If you're going to use someone else's post to diss my spelling.........find a better one!

Brings the Spelling Teacher within me TO A F*CKING SCREAM!!! :lol: :twisted:

whin·ny
/ˈ(h)winē/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a gentle, high-pitched neigh.
verb
(of a horse) make a gentle, high-pitched neigh.
"the pony whinnied and tossed his head happily"

filed goal -- no such term exists. Just checked the net and the Library, who has a BIG dictionary.

kemajic said:
All questions answered regarding Macias. His long ones were good for another 10 yards; he's got all the range you need from your place kicker. 13 of 17 FGs, 34 of 34 PATs, 73 points, by far the team leader; what's not to like...

Next someone will whine about our punter....

Maybe he'll kick a NCAA record breaking field goal, and make ESPN Gameday look really foolish for not coming to Missoula.. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back