• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

3-3-5 Defense Re-Visited

Let me get this straight: You’re not into ancient history, but you keep harping on what happened with Bobby 4-5 years ago. You’re not into ancient history but you keep harping that NDSU is one of the 2 best teams yet they’ve won just ONE title in 4 years. You keep saying it’s all about “what have you done for me lately” yet want to dismiss last year’s title run as an aberration. You dismiss wins against quality teams as “luck”, and losses are attributed to poor coaching.

You’re a fucking tool.
Looks like my living in your head has progressed all the way down your cerebellum and into your spinal chord. I just love the childish name-calling and use of the F-word. It is is so becoming of an adult........ Yet, you failed to provide a single team who has won a NC using the 3-3-5. Spin it, baby, spin it!

If I am a mistake, you are an abomination. But on a different note, I am still waiting for your groundbreaking football posts.
Awwww, did I wuffle yur feathers? Poor baby. At least you have that bunko party tonight to look forward to. Uhhh, this entire thread, authored by me, was a football post, even though your have added nothing but non-football tripe to it.

Awwww, did I wuffle yur feathers? Poor baby. At least you have that bunko party tonight to look forward to. Uhhh, this entire thread, authored by me, was a football post, even though your have added nothing but non-football tripe to it.
I said "groundbreaking" which is far from a question and google search.

Spin it baby. You have nothing.
You are amazing. You, not me, have been bragging about your great football knowledge and complaining about the lack of quality football posts. Yet you fall directly into the same category as everyone else. You also don't want a football discussion, you want to post your opinion and argue with the inevitable name calling and homophobic attacks with those that disagree, all the while giving the people that agree with you a message board reach around and slap on the backside.

Looks like my living in your head has progressed all the way down your cerebellum and into your spinal chord. I just love the childish name-calling and use of the F-word. It is is so becoming of an adult........ Yet, you failed to provide a single team who has won a NC using the 3-3-5. Spin it, baby, spin it!
Still waiting for the list of 4-3 defenses that stopped the Jackrabbits last year.

I honestly don't care what the base defense is. Prior to the 2023 season, I wasn't a fan of the 3-3-5. Under Baer, they didn't change things up against run dominant offenses.

However, the Bradford/Hauck combination constantly made changes to make the defense dominant.

If the GRIZ can continue the strong defense, I won't be complaining much.

I expect early growing pains, with gradual improvements as the season advances.

I honestly don't care what the base defense is. Prior to the 2023 season, I wasn't a fan of the 3-3-5. Under Baer, they didn't change things up against run dominant offenses.

However, the Bradford/Hauck combination constantly made changes to make the defense dominant.

If the GRIZ can continue the strong defense, I won't be complaining much.

I expect early growing pains, with gradual improvements as the season advances.
This defense really works well when you get good aggressive linebacker play, with all that we lost from last year's team it's really going to be paramount that the new group steps up... I have no doubt they will as that has been the strength of the D in the recent past...

This defense really works well when you get good aggressive linebacker play, with all that we lost from last year's team it's really going to be paramount that the new group steps up... I have no doubt they will as that has been the strength of the D in the recent past...
The D struggled a little early in the season to dominate games until Riley Wilson began to get comfortable in his roll and develop his abilities in that roll. Once he was able to start getting to the QB, the D really began to lock teams down and stop them from doing what they wanted to do against us.

The D struggled a little early in the season to dominate games until Riley Wilson began to get comfortable in his roll and develop his abilities in that roll. Once he was able to start getting to the QB, the D really began to lock teams down and stop them from doing what they wanted to do against us.
Love Wilson's motor... and yes couldn't agree more a big up tic in how the defense was performing was when he started getting to the opposing QB...hoping he leads the BSC in TFL this year!

You are amazing. You, not me, have been bragging about your great football knowledge and complaining about the lack of quality football posts. Yet you fall directly into the same category as everyone else. You also don't want a football discussion, you want to post your opinion and argue with the inevitable name calling and homophobic attacks with those that disagree, all the while giving the people that agree with you a message board reach around and slap on the backside.
Because the posters who agree with me are the objective ones. I never initiate the childish B.S. thrown at me. I am a counter-puncher. And you are the antagonist in chief in that. You try to make cutesy one-liners. But none are funny, or relevant to football. I talk more football than most any poster. You and your antagonist buddies just don't like what I post, because many times it is critical. I am the white Stephen A. Smith of egriz. But someone needs to assume my role on here, or else it would be all hearts-n-flowers with zero objectivity.

Back