• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 NCAA D1 RPI: How Montana compares

grizzlyjournal

While checking up on the GrizSB coaching search, I looked up the 2024 D1 RPI rankings.

Montana finished at 289 out of 307 schools.

The GrizSB team did finish ahead of two schools it beat this season: Holy Cross and CSU Bakersfield.

Compared to the other Big Sky schools, however, Montana's RPI was (ahem) in the cellar: SAC 103, WSU 153, UNC 159, ISU 197 and PSU (the only Big Sky team Montana beat) at 209, a full 80 spots ahead of Montana.

From a NCAA D1 national view, I'd say that's a pretty graphic look at where this team (and program) has settled.

While checking up on the GrizSB coaching search, I looked up the 2024 D1 RPI rankings.

Montana finished at 289 out of 307 schools.

The GrizSB team did finish ahead of two schools it beat this season: Holy Cross and CSU Bakersfield.

Compared to the other Big Sky schools, however, Montana's RPI was (ahem) in the cellar: SAC 103, WSU 153, UNC 159, ISU 197 and PSU (the only Big Sky team Montana beat) at 209, a full 80 spots ahead of Montana.

From a NCAA D1 national view, I'd say that's a pretty graphic look at where this team (and program) has settled.
I’m no AD, but if I was, I’d hire a coaching staff. It seems like an integral part of a team, but I’m not an expert. Getting even 100 reps/day for all the players who stayed in town over the summer might be a decent idea, but, again, I’m no expert. Also, I have no clue if that is or isn’t going on without coaches. Maybe it is? Hope so.

I’m no AD, but if I was, I’d hire a coaching staff. It seems like an integral part of a team, but I’m not an expert. Getting even 100 reps/day for all the players who stayed in town over the summer might be a decent idea, but, again, I’m no expert. Also, I have no clue if that is or isn’t going on without coaches. Maybe it is? Hope so.
Have you ever applied for an AD job? Sounds like you know how to do the job correctly. Jus sayin maybe you’d make a fine AD at a school say like UM where obviously we’re not sure how to hire coaches.

Back