• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2024 Griz Recruiting (18) Verbals (15) Offers

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
Doesn't mean we can't compete for them. And do. And win occasionally. Never said it was the norm.

Yeah, exactly what I thought, not many examples of a high school kid choosing UM over 4 or more FBS offers.

Doesn’t make it a “common misconception”. Maybe Hauck should just shoot for a bunch of Frontier Conference guys….then he’d be sure and land ‘em.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Yeah, exactly what I thought, not many examples of a high school kid choosing UM over 4 or more FBS offers.

Doesn’t make it a “common misconception”. Maybe Hauck should just shoot for a bunch of Frontier Conference guys….then he’d be sure and land ‘em.

Because there are zero kids between "Frontier Conference" and "4 FBS offers"?

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, I mean as long as we’re jumping to conclusions and reading into shit, I suppose you could go there.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Well, I mean as long as we’re jumping to conclusions and reading into poop, I suppose you could go there.

I would think that saying that the Griz don't fair well recruiting a high school kid with 4 or more FBS offers is quite factual.

HelenaHandBasket said:
AZGrizFan said:
Well, I mean as long as we’re jumping to conclusions and reading into poop, I suppose you could go there.

I would think that saying that the Griz don't fair well recruiting a high school kid with 4 or more FBS offers is quite factual.

Again, if we’re reading into shit….oh, FFS never mind.

I wouldn’t expect to hear much until July on transfers. Hauck for whatever reason holds those very close to the chest. It gets later and later each year. One year we didn’t know until Fall camp.

Hauck and twitter changes has kind of taken the fun out of it for me to keep following along closely.

dayday said:
I wouldn’t expect to hear much until July on transfers. Hauck for whatever reason holds those very close to the chest. It gets later and later each year. One year we didn’t know until Fall camp.

Hauck and twitter changes has kind of taken the fun out of it for me to keep following along closely.
I don't really blame Hauck for keeping it a bit close to the vest. In theory, a lot could change between now and fall enrollment. Some of that may be due to some of the timing of the transfer. For example, they "transfer" or "commit" around this time of year, but aren't able to officially enroll until the fall semester. Then, they still need to actually show up on campus for fall semester to be officially added to the roster....and, per NCAA rules, coaches can't comment on recruits until they've signed an LOI or are officially enrolled, on campus and part of the team. Also - I could be totally wrong on this because I can't remember if transfers are different than LOI'd recruits.

I know we’ve offered a couple transfer and had some visits. I know CJ Jordan QB transfer from University of Idaho visited a couple of weeks ago but no word on an offer and the only offer I know he has is Utah Tech. Armauni Archie is a CB transfer from Washington State that we offered a month or so ago he has since had several offers come through and I know he’s visited Utah State and is going to UCONN this coming weekend, I have no idea if he’s visited the Griz yet. Another kid that we offered is Chance Main a DE from University of Colorado I’m not sure if he’s visited the Griz but he’s currently visiting Texas State.

grizfan1984 said:
I know we’ve offered a couple transfer and had some visits. I know CJ Jordan QB transfer from University of Idaho visited a couple of weeks ago but no word on an offer and the only offer I know he has is Utah Tech. Armauni Archie is a CB transfer from Washington State that we offered a month or so ago he has since had several offers come through and I know he’s visited Utah State and is going to UCONN this coming weekend, I have no idea if he’s visited the Griz yet. Another kid that we offered is Chance Main a DE from University of Colorado I’m not sure if he’s visited the Griz but he’s currently visiting Texas State.

Main is going to TX State I'd bet the bank on it.

AZGrizFan said:
grizfan1984 said:

Main is going to TX State I'd bet the bank on it.

You’re probably right and I’m sure Archie is looking to stay D1 also.

Its that dead period.... When class ends look for some roster movement, usually about 3 out and 3 new players

Some news since Spring Game

DL- Jacob McGourin (Retired- Law School)
K- Camden Casper (Leaving the team)
P- Patrick Rohrbach (Military Pilot)

Fresno State transfer DL
https://twitter.com/gob_marcus/status/1649459465320828928?s=46&t=nUmdqOaThp19DQJMhChyXw

dayday said:
Fresno State transfer DL
https://twitter.com/gob_marcus/status/1649459465320828928?s=46&t=nUmdqOaThp19DQJMhChyXw
6'4", 261 lb DE, 1 year eligibility

Defensive end Da'Marcus Johnson officially entered the portal on Monday after leaving the team on March 28. He joined the Bulldogs as a junior college transfer from American River College in 2020. He played in 29 games over the past three seasons with 21 tackles, 2 sacks and 3.5 tackles for loss. Last season he had 10 tackles, a tackle for loss and a sack in 10 games - getting a late start to the season due to an offseason injury.

Johnson wrote on social media Monday, “First I want to thank Coach Plemons and the Fresno oState staff for believing in me and giving me an opportunity to play football at the next level. I appreciate the lessons I’ve learned, people I’ve met and bonds that have been made during my time in Fresno. To my brothers, it’s always love and I wish ya’ll the best this season. With that being said, I am entering my name into the transfer portal as a grad transfer with 1 year of eligibility left.”

This one made me laugh really hard.... I hope Hauck is looking into some of the 51 that have been asked to leave!
Colorado... I think you have a problem. Prime time can't coach players that are not elite

https://twitter.com/BenScottStevens/status/1650544322373201937

Recent events have raised a question I have for the recruiting experts in here:

Are PWOs at major programs ever kind of “bought and paid for”? I ask because I saw a couple players from the INW get their only scholarship offers from DII or lower, but got PWO offers from Oregon and Miami. Nothing in between. It doesn’t make much sense. I was wondering if it can sometimes be a favor or a wink/nod thing so a player can look more attractive when he inevitably hits the portal.

Latest posts

Back