• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

MBBALL 2024-25 University of Montana Mens Basketball Recruiting

*updated
Jalen Foy ✅

2024-25 ANTICIPATED ROSTER

PG- Brandon Whitney (6’1” 185) 1yr Mission Hills, CA S
PG- Chase Henderson (6'0" 165) 3yr Des Moines, IA (Herbert Hoover) S

SG- Malik Moore (6’5” 190) 2yr Ventura, California-(Pepperdine) S
SG- Kai Johnson (6’4” 190) 1yr Olympia, Washington-(Western Washington D2) S
SG- Austin Patterson (6’3” 185) 1yr Sonora, California-(Wofford, Sac State) S
SG- Tyler Thompson (6'6'' 190) 4yr+RS Fairfield, CA (Vanden HS) S

CG- Money Williams (6'4'' 200) 3yr Oakland, CA (Oakland HS) S
CG- Jeremiah Dargan (6'4'' 180) 2yr Concord, CA (De La Salle HS/West Valley College (JC) S
CG- Connor Dick (6'4'' 190) 3yr Missoula, MT (Hellgate HS) WO

F- Jalen Foy (6’7” 215) 2yr+RS Las Vegas, NV (Northeastern junior college) S
F- Zack Davidson (6'8'' 203) 4yr Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei HS) S
F- Te'Jon Sawyer (6'9'' 255) 1yr San Francisco, CA (CCSF/Cal Baptist/Salesian Prep) S
F- Jenson Bradtke (6’10” 220) 4yr Sandringham, Australia (Saint Mary’s) S

1 scholarships remaining
3 open roster spots

Just picked up a transfer Amari Jedkins from University of Green Bay
Interesting! 6’7 Freshmen only played in 11 games this season all before the start of 2024. Averaged 4ppg. Kid jumped in the portal during the coaching change.

I kind of wonder if something happened with Malik Moore. I noticed earlier today he changed his bio back to Pepperdine Men’s Basketball, and from what I can tell, he doesn’t appear to be following any of the coaching staff on Twitter anymore. Weird.

Interesting! 6’7 Freshmen only played in 11 games this season all before the start of 2024. Averaged 4ppg. Kid jumped in the portal during the coaching change.

I kind of wonder if something happened with Malik Moore. I noticed earlier today he changed his bio back to Pepperdine Men’s Basketball, and from what I can tell, he doesn’t appear to be following any of the coaching staff on Twitter anymore. Weird.
Assuming Malik Moore is still on board, does this mean that is it for this round of recruiting? We still seem might thin at the post position.

Assuming Malik Moore is still on board, does this mean that is it for this round of recruiting? We still seem might thin at the post position.
I think I may have overreacted about Malik Moore. I think he’s still on board, I just thought something seemed off but I think I was wrong which is good. He is still following the coaches and still has his Griz commitment post up.

In which case, that would do it for this round of recruiting. I’m very surprised that the staff did not bring in another big man, even if it was from the JUCO ranks. As it stands, we only have 2 guys on the roster that are 6’8+ (Sawyer and Bradtke). That’s not a very big team. Ideally, I would’ve liked to have gotten one more big guy but unless somebody else has fallen out of the fold, we are now tapped out.

Here is the transfer class and their heights:

Malik Moore (Pepperdine) 6’5
Kai Johnson (Western Washington) 6’3
Austin Patterson (Sacramento State) 6’3
Jensen Bradtke (Saint Mary’s) 6’10
Jalen Foy (JUCO) 6’7
Amari Jedkins (Green Bay) 6’7

This leads me to believe that the staff has a lot of confidence in Bradtke to be the starting big man. Behind him, the next biggest guy on the roster is Sawyer, and as others have pointed out, Sawyer is a much better wing/hybrid guy than a true post, ideally why we should’ve brought in another big man. Size is the only thing that has me somewhat concerned about next season.

Beyond that, I really like this transfer class. With the exception of Bradtke, all of these guys were very productive at their previous stops. I definitely think all of these guys can and will contribute in bigger roles. The next order of business is to get all these guys together with the returning pieces and get them all to gel and on the same page. I often worry about bringing so many new guys and I know we didn’t have a choice with a large graduating class, but we gotta identify roles and get everybody in the right spots with the right lineup. A lot of work to do between now and November. Excited to see it play out!

Go Griz!

As recruiting classes go, I feel that UM and Weber have the most solid classes coming in. UNCo would be next on my list and then ISU. The rest have brought in some good pieces here and there, but those are the ones that stand out to me. The teams with the most returning talent are MSU and NAU. Sac, PSU and UI look to be in a longer term rebuilding process. I didn't mention EWU because they still have several to bring in. With the quality of departures they had and bringing in a new coach, who got a late start on it, the Eagles will be a complete unknown. As usual, PSU has brought in a bunch of highly athletic guys out of the transfer market. One unique thing that they did this year was to bring in a highly skilled, but less athletic, wing player. That one player might change the dynamic of their whole program. I would say that they are a dark horse, as usual.

Was hurt in December. Article I saw said 8 weeks

*updated
Amari Jedkins ✅

Unless one of our JC transfers is coming in as a WO, this is our roster. I can’t help but feel that we are undersized in the post, but TD and staff know more than I do. I sure hope Bradtke is ready to play a lot of minutes, otherwise we are in trouble. Go Griz!

CG- Jeremiah Dargan (6'4'' 180) 2yr Concord, CA (De La Salle HS/West Valley College (JC) S

F- Amari Jedkins (6’7” 195) 3yr Racine, WI (U Wisconsin Green Bay) S
F- Te'Jon Sawyer (6'9'' 255) 1yr San Francisco, CA (CCSF/Cal Baptist/Salesian Prep) S

0 scholarships remaining
2 open roster spots

*updated
Amari Jedkins ✅

Unless one of our JC transfers is coming in as a WO, this is our roster. I can’t help but feel that we are undersized in the post, but TD and staff know more than I do. I sure hope Bradtke is ready to play a lot of minutes, otherwise we are in trouble. Go Griz!

F- Amari Jedkins (6’7” 195) 3yr Racine, WI (U Wisconsin Green Bay) S

0 scholarships remaining
2 open roster spots
I expect big things from Davidson.

Back