• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 Griz Football Recruiting- Signed (13)- Transfers (6), Verbals (2) Offers

Carpe Diem Griz said:
grizfan1984 said:
Greyshirt kids I know about
Ben McGourin DE Cheney Washington
Quinn Lamers ATH Wisconsin
Rylan Alford WR/CB Ohio
Ethan Barney OL Washington

I understand Rylan Alford has left. Lots of rumors, but it sounds like he got in some sort of trouble.

No trouble. It was grades. They knew it was going to be a struggle to keep him eligible and in the end, those efforts didn't work. Too bad.

grizfan1984 said:
Carpe Diem Griz said:
Yes, I said it. Apparently its a number of grey shirts. I don't know names or positions yet, but its why I was surprised nothing has been said about them. Its about a half dozen players. Winter condo starts on February 1 and it will be interesting to see if Griz football makes an announcement. February 2 is the second signing day, so we may find out then.

I would be interested to know if anyone has heard anything about Zac Crews? I heard other interested schools have also stepped back, but that very well could be a rumor.

Rylan Alford WR/CB Ohio
How does a grey shirt affect eligibility? Do they still have a redshirt year to burn?

70Griz said:
grizfan1984 said:
Rylan Alford WR/CB Ohio
How does a grey shirt affect eligibility? Do they still have a redshirt year to burn?
Yes. Basically, all a greyshirt does is pauses your eligibility until you recover from whatever injury your rehabbing. So basically, your eligibility clock does not start until you arrive on campus.

go96griz said:
Carpe Diem Griz said:
Yes, I said it. Apparently its a number of grey shirts. I don't know names or positions yet, but its why I was surprised nothing has been said about them. Its about a half dozen players. Winter condo starts on February 1 and it will be interesting to see if Griz football makes an announcement. February 2 is the second signing day, so we may find out then.

I would be interested to know if anyone has heard anything about Zac Crews? I heard other interested schools have also stepped back, but that very well could be a rumor.

Hearing good things about potentially getting Crews in this signing class.

Heard the same from a close family friend of the Crews. Looks like it will happen.

Griz til I die said:
70Griz said:
Yes. Basically, all a greyshirt does is pauses your eligibility until you recover from whatever injury your rehabbing. So basically, your eligibility clock does not start until you arrive on campus.
Does that mean a grey shirt cannot register and attend classes?

Griz til I die said:
70Griz said:

A grey shirt may or may not have anything to do with injury. In general, grey shirts are offered a delayed scholarship, typically due to limited availability or injury. They can be on campus and take credits as a part-time student - just can't be a full-time student. As long as they remain part-time, their eligibility clock won't start until they go on scholarship as a full-time student. Grey shirts can't officially take part in any team activities until the delayed scholarship is in effect. This leads to a year of working out and getting better on their own.

go96griz said:
Griz til I die said:

A grey shirt may or may not have anything to do with injury. In general, grey shirts are offered a delayed scholarship, typically due to limited availability or injury. They can be on campus and take credits as a part-time student - just can't be a full-time student. As long as they remain part-time, their eligibility clock won't start until they go on scholarship as a full-time student. Grey shirts can't officially take part in any team activities until the delayed scholarship is in effect. This leads to a year of working out and getting better on their own.
Thanks for the info. Very helpful. :thumb:

A few months ago there was a post on here about Rishi Daniels and then he had commented that he’d be back anybody knows if he’s with the team?

grizfan1984 said:
A few months ago there was a post on here about Rishi Daniels and then he had commented that he’d be back anybody knows if he’s with the team?

Was wondering the same thing. Here is Rishi's Twitter page which shows University of Montana and GoGriz. Hoping this is a good sign for his return, but can't confirm:

https://twitter.com/rishidaniels

go96griz said:
grizfan1984 said:

Was wondering the same thing. Here is Rishi's Twitter page which shows University of Montana and GoGriz. Hoping this is a good sign for his return, but can't confirm:

https://twitter.com/rishidaniels

Hope its true... He really wants to be a Griz

Griz til I die said:
70Griz said:

A grey shirt has zero to do with injuries/rehab or pausing the clock. It is just delaying fulltime enrollment so the eligibility clock begins later. So pretty much, a kid signs and doesn't show up for school until January.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

A grey shirt has zero to do with injuries/rehab or pausing the clock. It is just delaying fulltime enrollment so the eligibility clock begins later. So pretty much, a kid signs and doesn't show up for school until January.

Except they can go to school as a part-time student and not participate in team activity prior to joining the team in January.

go96griz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Except they can go to school as a part-time student and not participate in team activity prior to joining the team in January.

Guess you missed the part about delaying fulltime enrollment.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Griz til I die said:

Ya except most of the kids using it are rehabbing injuries. That's like the #1 reason it gets used.

Griz til I die said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Ya except most of the kids using it are rehabbing injuries. That's like the #1 reason it gets used.

That or scholarship availability.

What am I missing?

2022 Class by position:

QB- Kaden Huot 6' 4" 200 (Helena HS) Helena, MT (2. 3-Star)
QB- Lucas Johnson 6'3" 215 (San Diego State) 1 to play 1

RB- Eli Gillman 6' 0" 195 (Dassel-Cokato HS) Cokato, MN

WR- Ian Finch 6'3" 200 (Hellgate HS) Missoula, MT
WR- Sam Alford 6'3" 205 (Park City HS) Park City UT (2. 3-Star)
WR- Sawyer Racanelli 6' 2" 210 (2. 3-star) (U of Washington)

TE- Joseph Weida 6' 4" 225 (Sentinel HS) Missoula, MT

OL- Dylan Mayginnes 6'5" 300 (Wash State) (Instagram)
OL- Ethan Barney 6' 4" 285 (Sumner HS) Sumner, WA (T 4/20/21) - GRAYSHIRT

DE- Braunson Henriksen 6' 4" 220 (Polson HS) Polson, MT
DE- Garrett Hustedt 6'2" 230 (Nebraska) 3 to play 3 (Instagram)
DE- Zac Crews (Sentinel HS) 6'5" 210 Missoula, MT (T 8/14/21 ) (2. 2-Star)
DT- Ben McGourin 6'2" 250 (Cheney HS) Cheney, WA - GRAYSHIRT

LB - Vince Genatone 6' 1" 200 (North Platte HS) North Platte, NE (T 1/18/2022)
LB - Cooper Walton 6'1" 205 (Roosevelt HS) Johnstown, CO (Class of '22)
LB- Marcus Evans 6' 0" 195 (Helena HS) Helena, MT (R 2-Star)

S- Chase McGurran 6' 1" 180 (Helena HS) Helena, MT
S- Joey Visser 6' 1" 175 (Jefferson HS) Boulder, MT
S - Beau Dantic 6' 0" 180 (Laurel HS) Laurel MT
S - Tyson Rostad 6' 1" 185 (Hamilton HS) Hamilton, MT
S- Quinn Lamers (Rhindlander HS) Rhindlander, WI (N 4/21/21) Walk-on - GRAYSHIRT

CB -Jayden Dawson 5'11" 190 (Idaho State) 1 to play 1
CB- Robert Whitehead 6'1" 180 (Grossmont J.C.) 3 to play 2

K/P- Patrick Rohrbach (Glacier HS) Kalispell, MT (T 8/10/21)

I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
What am I missing?

2022 Class by position:

S- Quinn Lamers (Rhindlander HS) Rhindlander, WI (N 4/21/21) Walk-on - GRAYSHIRT

Looks pretty correct to me. I think you might have some positions wrong with McGourin, Hustedt and maybe even Rostad and Dantic. But won’t really know until they officially announce it.

I have no idea where we are at with scholarships or the numbers but to really finish this class off either freshman or transfer I’d like to see another OL and DT. Not in love with our depth behind Gubner and Alford at DT.

dayday said:
I.M.O.#90-C.C. said:
What am I missing?

2022 Class by position:

Looks pretty correct to me. I think you might have some positions wrong with McGourin, Hustedt and maybe even Rostad and Dantic. But won’t really know until they officially announce it.

You could be right Day….curious….Where do you think they will play? I would have thought the same until these 2 late high school linebacker commits. Why would we bring in 4 high school scholarship - speaking of Rostad as 4th - as linebackers the same year for 3 spots? I hear McGourin has bulked up to play dline and Hustedt is here only for that DE opportunity. I know Rostad was impressive at camp last summer at safety. No idea on Dantic.

Back