• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2022 FCS Playoffs Official

Looking at some stats from SEMO and 2 things jumped out

#6 Geno Hass has 1446 Yards rushing this year and averages 144 per game
In 68 kickoffs SEMO only has 11 Touchbacks

Paytonlives said:

Wow! Another great running team, which plays right into shredding our 3-3-5. Buckle up safeties, you'll be making a lot of tackles

Cat Pride said:
How on earth does UM make the playoffs when they don't beat a single team with a winning record? I dont care how good the BSC is, UM didnt beat anyone in the conference who finished higher than 7th place.

I guess the NCAA sold themselves out for the payout of 1 home game? Wow!

Your point is valid. I did not expect Montana to be in this year. Not shocked they're in, but wasn't expecting them to make it.

Though note the Grizzlies are in with a 7-4 record. Most of the other bubble teams left out were also 7-4 or even 6-5. A couple of 9-2 teams were also left out. However, they're 9-2 in the cupcake leagues. Then consider Montana's four losses are to four playoff teams. I'm too lazy to look it up but I doubt the other 7-4 teams can say the same about their four losses.

All things considered this year's Grizzlies are fortunate to be in as they were probably the last one selected. None the less, they are talented enough to make some noise if they play up to their potential.
:ugeek:

RoseyMustGo said:
Paytonlives said:

Wow! Another great running team, which plays right into shredding our 3-3-5. Buckle up safeties, you'll be making a lot of tackles

More of a normal running attack... no added QB. Griz will be fine

Grizzlies1982 said:
Though note the Grizzlies are in with a 7-4 record. Most of the other bubble teams left out were also 7-4 or even 6-5. A couple of 9-2 teams were also left out. However, they're 9-2 in the cupcake leagues. Then consider Montana's four losses are to four playoff teams. I'm too lazy to look it up but I doubt the other 7-4 teams can say the same about their four losses. ... :ugeek:
Gotcha covered. Check out the "Yes The Griz Do ... " thread. Most of the "other "competing" (7-4) teams had some sort of "kiss of death" on their resume. Rhode Island was my biggest worry, outside the (7-4) teams that actually got bids.

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:
Though note the Grizzlies are in with a 7-4 record. Most of the other bubble teams left out were also 7-4 or even 6-5. A couple of 9-2 teams were also left out. However, they're 9-2 in the cupcake leagues. Then consider Montana's four losses are to four playoff teams. I'm too lazy to look it up but I doubt the other 7-4 teams can say the same about their four losses. ... :ugeek:
Gotcha covered. Check out the "Yes The Griz Do ... " thread. Most of the "other "competing" (7-4) teams had some sort of "kiss of death" on their resume. Rhode Island was my biggest worry, outside the (7-4) teams that actually got bids.

Thanks for your work! Read over your post and see it was much like I assumed.

Griz are fortunate but their 7-4 record stacks up better than the other 7-4 teams left out. Hopefully they can forget the Bozeman fiasco and simply focus on what is ahead. Thanks again!

Paytonlives said:
RoseyMustGo said:

More of a normal running attack... no added QB. Griz will be fine

Yes...much more balanced offense. Excellent QB as well, if he starts. Someone implied he might be injured?

Grizzlies1982 said:
IdaGriz01 said:

Thanks for your work! Read over your post and see it was much like I assumed.

Griz are fortunate but their 7-4 record stacks up better than the other 7-4 teams left out. Hopefully they can forget the Bozeman fiasco and simply focus on what is ahead. Thanks again!

I'm a griz fan, but something smells fishy here. They get a beating in the last game and likely lost the starting QB. Smells like a money grab by the ncaa good ol boys club.

GrizLA said:
This seems to be the FCS version of the 64th seed in the NCAA Tournament.

More like the NCAA tournament version of the 8th place team out of the ACC is a better team than the #2 team out of some conference that doesn’t play anybody.

Cat Pride said:
How on earth does UM make the playoffs when they don't beat a single team with a winning record? I dont care how good the BSC is, UM didnt beat anyone in the conference who finished higher than 7th place.

Because a Montana sellout brings $850k to the coffers. That's $500k more than 95% of all the other FCS teams. Montana has built a program that wins and has fans that actually cares. That equity paid off on a down year. Does a 7-4 MSU get a home game? Maybe as you'd bring on $620k with a sellout. But Missoula is the mecca of the FCS. FCS has to pay the bills and we Griz fans pay the bills. You're welcome.

jrifkin48 said:
Cat Pride said:

Because a Montana sellout brings $850k to the coffers. That's $500k more than 95% of all the other FCS teams. Montana has built a program that wins and has fans that actually cares. That equity paid off on a down year. Does a 7-4 MSU get a home game? Maybe as you'd bring on $620k with a sellout. But Missoula is the mecca of the FCS. FCS has to pay the bills and we Griz fans pay the bills. You're welcome.
This game will not even be close to a sellout.

7 wins gets you in. Davis shot themselves in the foot with a gauntlet schedule up front. They are undoubtably a top 20 team. However, 6 wins doesn’t give you a chance unless you’re an auto-bid. The only thing they had going was the fact that we all know they’d curb stomp some of these first round teams, but that has to be seen as an opinion by the committee. UM gets in much like NDSU gets the 3-seed…. Namesake, enough wins, and dolla bills. UCD can’t compete there.

IdaGriz01 said:
Grizzlies1982 said:

It does make me wonder if suck state got the 2 seed (should've been 1 seed) because of that game where the refs blew the call. Obviously on paper it was a loss, but those in the know saw what happened, and makes me wonder if the committee gave a nudge to Montana and slighted suck state at the same time. At the end of the day, the only team I think who could argue they should be in over the Griz was Chatty, and they lost to a weak team (WCU) and had no quality wins. I think they lost by one score to one playoff team, but all other losses were by double digits.

Back