• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Roster - Looks Very Strong

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Our O line took a big step forward this year there is no doubt. I actually see it taking as big of a step forward again next year with the amount of guys who have already played and the young guys coming up.

I agree, our O line has made a huge step forward this year. I hope you are right.

2018 (11 game schedule) vs 2019 (12 game schedule)

Rushing First Downs: 82 - 98
Total Rushing Yards: 1806 - 1802
Avg Per Carry: 4.9 - 4.1
Avg Per Game: 164.2 - 150.2
Rushing TD's 20 - 30
3rd Down Conversion 40% - 47%
4th Down Conversion 45% - 44%
Sacks Allowed 25 - 32
No comparison in the two schedules; 2019 far more difficult, including Oregon.

Yep. They faced a lot of talented D lines this year.

kemajic said:
SaskGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
HookedonGriz said:
Our O line took a big step forward this year there is no doubt. I actually see it taking as big of a step forward again next year with the amount of guys who have already played and the young guys coming up.

I agree, our O line has made a huge step forward this year. I hope you are right.

Rushing First Downs: 82 - 97
Total Rushing Yards: 1806 - 1794
Avg Per Carry: 4.9 - 4.3
Avg Per Game: 164.2 - 163.1
Rushing TD's 20 - 30
3rd Down Conversion 40% - 48%
4th Down Conversion 45% - 40%
Sacks Allowed 25 - 28
No comparison in the two schedules; 2019 far more difficult, including Oregon.
I took out the Oregon game and highlighted the new numbers. So this is now an 11 game vs 11 game comparison. Yes our schedule might have been more difficult this year; we played 4 play-off teams this year (Cats, Weber, Sac St, and Monmouth) last year only 3 (Davis, CATS, and Northern Iowa) 2-2 vs 1-2

Htowngriz said:
grizcountry420 said:
SaskGriz said:
grizcountry420 said:

Rushing First Downs: 82 - 98
Total Rushing Yards: 1806 - 1802
Avg Per Carry: 4.9 - 4.1
Avg Per Game: 164.2 - 150.2
Rushing TD's 20 - 30
3rd Down Conversion 40% - 47%
4th Down Conversion 45% - 44%
Sacks Allowed 25 - 32

Whoa! Crazy.. The way this looks, we didnt improve very much from 2018. Almost a wash..
I think you're forgetting the fact that Sneed was our leading rusher last year, and we sure as hell didn't have an RB run for 21 TDs.

Good point. The RB position is sitting pretty good.

HookedonGriz said:
Someone posted about our 2020 schedule and it got me thinking about the roster and our key losses as well as key returners. We definitely lose some studs, but we return a wealth full of starters, key contributors, and up and comers. I’ve got to admit it even surprised me:

* indicates starter or key contributor

QB:
Dalton Sneed*

Return: Humphrey*, JUCO Robbie Patterson, Kris Brown, Carson Rostad

WR:
JLM*

Return: Akem*, Toure*, Sulser*, Flowers*, Roberts*, White, Jesse Owens, Ryan Simpson

RB:
None

Return: Knight*, Ostmo*, Turner, Janacarro, Graves?, Ryan Arnston, Eastwood

TE:
Colin Bingham*

Return: Deming*, Elwell*, Grossman, Rensvold*

OL:
Cy Sirmon*
Angel Villanueva*
Eickmeyer
Longoria

Return: Beaver*, Cook*, Mallory*, Andersen*, Ganoung*, Keintz*, Kanouse*, Martin*, Pillans*

DL/DE:
Jesse Sims*
Ryder Rice*
Faatuiese

Return: Gubner*, Alford*, Deming*, Babros*, Mamula*, McGourin*, Brown, Hurlburt, Poetzl, Nelson

LB:
Dante Olson*

Return: Lewis*, Welnel*, O’Connell*, Vinyard, Kale Edwards, Braxton Hill, Vaohea, Nagler

Safety:
Josh Sandry*

Return: Robertson*, Hauck*, Mcginnis*, Fouch*, Crow*,Jackson Pepe, Ryder Meyer

DB:
Justin Calhoun*
Kadeem Hemphill

Return: Nash*, Egbo, Tolliver, Walker*, Gradney

Special Teams:
Kenyan Foster
Kobe Eaton

K/P:
Adam Wilson*

Return: Purdy*, Buschini, Peppenger

As I see it, our biggest losses are:

Sneed
Olson
Sims
Villanueva
Bingham
Cirmon
Sandry
Calhoun
JLM
Wilson

With that being said, it’s incredible how many young players have started or contributed and played a great deal already for this team.

In the skilled positions, all of the running backs return as well as our main core of wide receivers and tight ends. On the O line we rotated so many guys that we have a bunch of players coming back who have played a ton. Same with the D line really. Our depth at safety is almost embarrassing. We have some exciting up and comers who are already making waves in Jesse Owens who was the offensive scout team player of the year, Kale Edwards who was the defensive scout team player of the year and Trevin Gradney who is going to be a special CB.

I think this machine is just getting started. If we can beef up a couple of areas in recruiting we should be a damn fine football team for a long stretch.

Minus Jesse Owens now it appears.

Back