• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

dayday said:
firmgriz said:
Ursa Major said:
firmgriz said:
Yes, apparently a possible QB transfer from Wisconsin, per dayday.
Can he throw?

I went and found dayday’s post in the Gresch transfer thread - apparently coaches are recruiting Kare Lyles from Wisconsin who announced his intention to transfer from Wisconsin following spring ball. Will be a RS soph

Yeah I heard the coaches were looking pretty hard at a BIG10 QB hoping to get him in for a visit because of an Arizona tie then kind of figured it was Lyles when some of the coaches started following him. It did not really make sense to me three days ago but now it does. Rainey must have heard something similar.

[media]https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/988545271737954305[/media]
Kid’s got a yuge arm, and seems to be pretty mobile. At this point, we’d be glad to have him.

Are there are legitimate FCS recruits in Libby, T Falls, Noxon, etc this year? If so, who are the players the GRIZ are looking at?

mtgrizrule said:
Are there are legitimate FCS recruits in Libby, T Falls, Noxon, etc this year? If so, who are the players the GRIZ are looking at?

Don’t know but you plant seeds in the program so when they do have players, UM is the choice.

HookedonGriz said:
I'm very surprised a dude who is all state, rushes for 1900 yards, and scored 36 TDs his senior year is still available and didn't sign somewhere. I'm even more surprised those numbers would only lead to a walk on. Something seems amiss. Glad he is a Griz...looks like a bruiser!

I found my answer, it was his grades. Sounds like he has worked hard to straighten that out and I am glad he is a Griz!

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/blogs/prep-beat/2018/04/25/dax-solis-north-kitsap-commits-university-montana-football-raises-gpa/548935002/

HookedonGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:
I'm very surprised a dude who is all state, rushes for 1900 yards, and scored 36 TDs his senior year is still available and didn't sign somewhere. I'm even more surprised those numbers would only lead to a walk on. Something seems amiss. Glad he is a Griz...looks like a bruiser!

I found my answer, it was his grades. Sounds like he has worked hard to straighten that out and I am glad he is a Griz!

https://www.kitsapsun.com/story/sports/blogs/prep-beat/2018/04/25/dax-solis-north-kitsap-commits-university-montana-football-raises-gpa/548935002/

Interesting read

He is a preferred walkon, but a 3.0 in his first semester gains him a scholarship.

Paytonlives said:
HookedonGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Interesting read

He is a preferred walkon, but a 3.0 in his first semester gains him a scholarship.

PL you have the QB offer as a 2019 offer...he’s an offer for 2018....

AZGrizFan said:
Paytonlives said:
HookedonGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

Interesting read

PL you have the QB offer as a 2019 offer...he’s an offer for 2018....

Thanks... fixed

Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

Don’t know but you plant seeds in the program so when they do have players, UM is the choice.

Yep. 100% accurate. Also, gets the other students (not athletes) more interested in UM.

MTGRZ said:
Paytonlives said:
mtgrizrule said:

Yep. 100% accurate. Also, gets the other students (not athletes) more interested in UM.
MSU and frontier school visit all these places....not just a Bobby thing at all.

Latest posts

Back