• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2019 Griz Football Recruiting 25 Signed, 9 Transfers & 4 Walk-ons

4theluvofgriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Ursus1 said:
dayday said:
Winning does cure a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And why success this season is very important. Crappy season can lead to less than desired recruiting results which hurts a team for years

True, but I feel like bobby has a huge leg up on recruiting. He will be able to tell potential recruits exactly how many players he has coached and put in the NFL. He also has the NFL connections he can tout. He can make promises that if they work hard enough they can have a legit shot in the league. I don't think Stitt could have said that with a straight face.

Most recruits looked at Stitt's green hat and said "no thank you"

Hate on Stitt’s on the field product all you want. However, there aren’t too many people that would complain that his recruiting wasn’t very good or even great. He left a few holes at the expense of offense but there are high caliber athletes on this team.

go96griz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:
Ursus1 said:
And why success this season is very important. Crappy season can lead to less than desired recruiting results which hurts a team for years

True, but I feel like bobby has a huge leg up on recruiting. He will be able to tell potential recruits exactly how many players he has coached and put in the NFL. He also has the NFL connections he can tout. He can make promises that if they work hard enough they can have a legit shot in the league. I don't think Stitt could have said that with a straight face.

Hate on Stitt’s on the field product all you want. However, there aren’t too many people that would complain that his recruiting wasn’t very good or even great. He left a few holes at the expense of offense but there are high caliber athletes on this team.

Like the o-line? Dbacks? Number of stittheads recruits already haven't panned out

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
go96griz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:

Like the o-line? Dbacks? Number of stittheads recruits already haven't panned out

That statement is true of every recruiting class. No one gets more than a 60 percent return in the recruiting game.

As far as Stitts recruiting, he was good at it. This year we start to find out if the players translate into wins.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
go96griz said:
4theluvofgriz said:
hilinegrizfan said:

That's just an unnecessary comment. Kids leave for lots of reasons. It doesn't mean they didn't "pan out" and it doesn't mean any singular coach was a crappy recruiter. Every team has holes. Every class has attrition. A coach can't control when a kid gets injured, when he loses the passion, when he decides to walk away for health reasons, when football becomes secondary, when he becomes homesick, etc., etc.

It does seem a very large number of "stars" recruited by Stitt are now gone. A lot of people were so high on his recruiting due to "stars"....but now we see very few still around. Be interesting to see an entire list of his "star" recruits and see how many are no longer on the team.

Ursus1 said:
It does seem a very large number of "stars" recruited by Stitt are now gone. A lot of people were so high on his recruiting due to "stars"....but now we see very few still around. Be interesting to see an entire list of his "star" recruits and see how many are no longer on the team.

Stitts first class ten out of 17 still with the team. That’s about the norm. Four of the seven gone were 2-star are not with UM

2015 Class
RB Jeremy Calhoun 6'0" 180 (Long Beach Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (3-Star)
WR Justin Calhoun 5'11" 160 (Long Beach Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (3-Star)
WR Kobey Eaton 6'3" 185 (Evergreen HS) (2-Star)
TE/Rec Colin Bingham 6'3" 245 (Bigsky HS) Missoula, MT
OL Angel Villanueva 6'4" 290 (Duarte HS) Duarte,
OL Dallas Hart 6'5" 295 (Pacifica HS) Cypress, CA

LB Cy Sirmon 6'3" 225 (Wenatchee HS) Wenatchee, WA (3-Star)
LB Dante Olson 6'3" 210 (Cascade Christian HS) Medford, OR
DE Jesse Sims 6'4" 235 (Corvallis HS) Corvallis, MT (3 Star)
S Josh Sandry 6'1" 185 (Bigfork HS) Bigfork, MT

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72895&p=1125633&hilit=2015+recruiting#p1125633

Paytonlives said:
Ursus1 said:

Stitts first class ten out of 17 still with the team. That’s about the norm. Four of the seven gone were 2-star are not with UM

2015 Class
RB Jeremy Calhoun 6'0" 180 (Long Beach Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (3-Star)
WR Justin Calhoun 5'11" 160 (Long Beach Poly HS) Long Beach, CA (3-Star)
WR Kobey Eaton 6'3" 185 (Evergreen HS) (2-Star)
TE/Rec Colin Bingham 6'3" 245 (Bigsky HS) Missoula, MT
OL Angel Villanueva 6'4" 290 (Duarte HS) Duarte,
OL Dallas Hart 6'5" 295 (Pacifica HS) Cypress, CA

LB Cy Sirmon 6'3" 225 (Wenatchee HS) Wenatchee, WA (3-Star)
LB Dante Olson 6'3" 210 (Cascade Christian HS) Medford, OR
DE Jesse Sims 6'4" 235 (Corvallis HS) Corvallis, MT (3 Star)
S Josh Sandry 6'1" 185 (Bigfork HS) Bigfork, MT

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72895&p=1125633&hilit=2015+recruiting#p1125633

Thanks for this. Seems o line has just taken some big hits in departures but not all position areas

Igotgoodsources said:
Ursus1 said:
Igotgoodsources said:
mtgrizrule said:
?????? Still no news...…...what the hell is going on?

No knowledge to this, but I wonder if he may have been waiting till after the shrine game and if he performed as well in it as the MonDak he may get a last second call from griz or cats. Wouldnt be a terrible idea if thats what he is thinking. Especially if he played well again tonight.

Did he play well?

I actually dont know. I work nights and did not follow the game at all.

Tyler Buckingham= University of Nevada- Reno
Is who I was talking about here.

Looked like Jacob McGourin the DE from Cheney, WA was here last weekend for a visit. I saw him and another recruit on the field talking to Hauck before the game.

dayday said:
Looked like Jacob McGourin the DE from Cheney, WA was here last weekend for a visit. I saw him and another recruit on the field talking to Hauck before the game.

I think Garrison Poetzl attend the Griz game last week as well.

if mc gourin is in the same ball park as poetzl....well that would be a great duo to have come to the u in the same class for sure....poetzl is a man among boys here in billings....

Paytonlives said:
https://twitter.com/brandon_niksich/status/1040398687787114496

This kid has a real nice tape. Not sure about the level of play in his conference, but he can sling it! LOVE the name of his HS! Pretty cool he was here the weekend before 9/11!

New offer: Reggie Flip-Strong, 3-Star WR/SS/CB out of Orange Lutheran High per twitter.

@ReggieStrong14

Been offered by Hawaii, UNLV, SJSU, Grambling, Tulane

https://twitter.com/dominickmazotti/status/1042600675945865216?s=21

Really athletic QB with some arm talent. A little raw but man he’s fast and can spin it. One of the better QBs in northern cal
http://battleprepwest.com/2018/02/06/norcal-top-quarterbacks-c-o-2019/

Back