• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2017 Griz Football Recruiting- 4 Transfers, 22 HS & 4 Walk-ons

If the Griz were going to give a PWO to a kicker, Why in the hell didn't they give a PWO or even a partial to Connor Coles from Bozeman. Best kicker in the state by far. Easily made 45 yard FGs and his touchback percentage was probably better than this kid they offered. Coles signed as a PWO with Utah St. In talking to a good source in Bozeman, he was very open to going to Griz or Cats if the PWO or schollie was there

HookedonGriz said:
If the Griz were going to give a PWO to a kicker, Why in the hell didn't they give a PWO or even a partial to Connor Coles from Bozeman. Best kicker in the state by far. Easily made 45 yard FGs and his touchback percentage was probably better than this kid they offered. Coles signed as a PWO with Utah St. In talking to a good source in Bozeman, he was very open to going to Griz or Cats if the PWO or schollie was there

I don't know anything about the Griz and Bozeman HS kicker, other than he was exceptional on PAT's (was good on a ton of them) and had a small sample of FG's making 4 of 6. Wonder why his hometown school didn't offer anything? msu certainly offered the Bozeman QB O'Reilly and WR McCutcheon.. i know Utah State came in late to offer and was a surprise to the kicker (reported on the tv news).

The Griz PWO kicker was also exceptional on PAT's, making 39 out of 40. He also made 4 out of 6 FG's, a long of 40 (with many yards to spare), 53 out of his 58 kickoffs were touch-backs (91%), and those kickoffs averaged 68.7 yards, which put the ball 1.3 yards away from the back of the endzone. He did well punting, averaging 42.2 yards per punt. He was a 4.5 star kicker/punter at Event Elite. And he was a 4.5 star at Kohl's Kicking. He attended FBS level kicking camps, and did well there.

I assume both kids will be great.

IntuitiveGriz said:
HookedonGriz said:

I don't know anything about the Griz and Bozeman HS kicker, other than he was exceptional on PAT's (was good on a ton of them) and had a small sample of FG's making 4 of 6. Wonder why his hometown school didn't offer anything? msu certainly offered the Bozeman QB O'Reilly and WR McCutcheon.. i know Utah State came in late to offer and was a surprise to the kicker (reported on the tv news).

The Griz PWO kicker was also exceptional on PAT's, making 39 out of 40. He also made 4 out of 6 FG's, a long of 40 (with many yards to spare), 53 out of his 58 kickoffs were touch-backs (91%), and those kickoffs averaged 68.7 yards, which put the ball 1.3 yards away from the back of the endzone. He did well punting, averaging 42.2 yards per punt. He was a 4.5 star kicker/punter at Event Elite. And he was a 4.5 star at Kohl's Kicking. He attended FBS level kicking camps, and did well there.

I assume both kids will be great.

Good info thanks for the feedback. If we get the California kid says that sounds great, but I don't think that's a done deal. I can't say 100%, but I think Coles would have been a done deal with a preferred and definitely with a partial

[tweet]https://twitter.com/si_ncaafb/status/830974855839363072[/tweet]

Perhaps apropos to the present day here.

Update...
Decided to stay close to home.

RB- Ryan Matlock 6'0" 195 (Newbury Park HS) Newbury Park, CA (Morepark College)

Update...
Great player... injuries ended his career.

LB- Carson Nugent 6'2" 225 (Saguaro HS) Scottsdale, AZ (Retired do to concussions)

Paytonlives said:
Update...
Great player... injuries ended his career.

LB- Carson Nugent 6'2" 225 (Saguaro HS) Scottsdale, AZ (Retired do to concussions)

thanks payton for information that actually has to do with football, I appreciate it....

http://406mtsports.com/high-school/track-and-field/university-of-montana-bound-laurel-s-casey-cole-reflects-on/article_88fc32f1-4fb1-5d6c-9266-7b563279826f.html

Casey Cole, Laurel, is going to throw Javelin at the University of Montana. Previously committed to Rocky for football. Says he has been in talks with the coaches about walking on to the football team. Not quite sure if he has the size/speed combination to make it but when he was healthy, he was consistently the best player on the football field.

Back