• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2016 Griz Football Recruiting (38)- 20 Verbals/ 8 Transfers/ 10 Walk-Ons & 3 Offers

Hmmm….no "Montana" flavor in that list. Plus, didn't coach Stitt cut a bunch of Montana guys this spring? Don't hear much here about coaches - they all happy?

RABIDAWG said:
Hmmm….no "Montana" flavor in that list. Plus, didn't coach Stitt cut a bunch of Montana guys this spring? Don't hear much here about coaches - they all happy?

Very seldom do MT kids make this list until later. No different this year. The MT kids are usually not on the recruiting sites, which is good for us. It keeps them more under the radar for the GRIZ. I personally know Coach Green and Germer have been in contact with 1 potential recruit up on the highland in eastern MT several times. The family is moving in June, but the staff has been very consistent in their efforts with this recruit and his family.

Don't ask who it is? Until the family gives the go ahead myself or anyone else who knows the family is not to reveal anything more. They want to keep the recruiting under wraps as much as possible, now that the list is narrowed down to 7 potential programs ranging from FCS programs, a few BCS schools, and a few Frontier schools (Yes academics puts those schools in the running).

mtgrizrule said:
RABIDAWG said:

Very seldom do MT kids make this list until later. No different this year. The MT kids are usually not on the recruiting sites, which is good for us. It keeps them more under the radar for the GRIZ. I personally know Coach Green and Germer have been in contact with 1 potential recruit up on the highland in eastern MT several times. The family is moving in June, but the staff has been very consistent in their efforts with this recruit and his family.

Don't ask who it is? Until the family gives the go ahead myself or anyone else who knows the family is not to reveal anything more. They want to keep the recruiting under wraps as much as possible, now that the list is narrowed down to 7 potential programs ranging from FCS programs, a few BCS schools, and a few Frontier schools (Yes academics puts those schools in the running).

But I heard only last Fall how bad we were losing the intra-state recruiting competition? That poster must have been full of shit?

WaGriz4life said:
your wrong said:
No Montana kids worth getting a look?
I would guess we have offered some Montana kids, it's just hard to get info on recruiting Montana athletes as there are no national recruiting sites that cover Montana and the recruiting coverage from our local newspapers is very scarce.

That said, I don't have a clue who the good Montana kids are that we may have already offered. I think someone said the top recruit this year is at CMR.

your wrong - There are many Montana kids getting strong looks. Coach Stitt wants all the FCS caliber kids, from the state of Montana, to play at Montana...for example, a couple big, athletic kids like Havre QB Dane Warp (who has thrown for a crap-load of yards), Whitefish WR Jared Nagler (Class A 100m champion in 11.15, and high jump champion at 6-5)....

WaGriz4life - The reigning football Gatorade Player of the Year in Montana is RB Andrew Grinde from CMR. Click on this to read about him, and to see a very short video clip of him running.

http://www.kfbb.com/story/27550866/cmrs-andrew-grinde-named-montana-gatorade-player-of-the-year

I'm wondering if Stitt is going to recruit Nebraska while he's here. I wouldn't be surprised, he's from NE and recruited there while at CSM. I have a lot of friends from NE and I can tell you that that place goes nuts over football, and there are a lot of good players there. If we could pick up some of the guys that the Huskers miss on out of HS that could be a hell of an opportunity.

brewskis said:
I'm wondering if Stitt is going to recruit Nebraska while he's here. I wouldn't be surprised, he's from NE and recruited there while at CSM. I have a lot of friends from NE and I can tell you that that place goes nuts over football, and there are a lot of good players there. If we could pick up some of the guys that the Huskers miss on out of HS that could be a hell of an opportunity.

Nebraska is every bit as much Football Crazy, if not more than Montana. I lived in the Omaha area around 12 years. There is a lot of talent in that state, especially in Omaha. The problem was a lot of the area players did not qualify academically. The academic standards were very low. Recently higher academic standards were implemented. I hope that helps get more Omaha area kids playing division 1 football. The Omaha kids are very tough too.

IntuitiveGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
your wrong said:
I would guess we have offered some Montana kids, it's just hard to get info on recruiting Montana athletes as there are no national recruiting sites that cover Montana and the recruiting coverage from our local newspapers is very scarce.

That said, I don't have a clue who the good Montana kids are that we may have already offered. I think someone said the top recruit this year is at CMR.

your wrong - There are many Montana kids getting strong looks. Coach Stitt wants all the FCS caliber kids, from the state of Montana, to play at Montana...for example, a couple big, athletic kids like Havre QB Dane Warp (who has thrown for a crap-load of yards), Whitefish WR Jared Nagler (Class A 100m champion in 11.15, and high jump champion at 6-5)....

WaGriz4life - The reigning football Gatorade Player of the Year in Montana is RB Andrew Grinde from CMR. Click on this to read about him, and to see a very short video clip of him running.

http://www.kfbb.com/story/27550866/cmrs-andrew-grinde-named-montana-gatorade-player-of-the-year

One of the, if not the best, recruits from Montana is Helena Highs Chase Benson. Think Caleb Kidder. Chase is big and talented. Soph year HM All-State, Junior year 1st team All-State. Here's his hudl link:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3067832/chase-benson

IntuitiveGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
your wrong said:

Nagler is a junior and 6'4" and pushing 230lbs

grizophile said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
WaGriz4life said:
your wrong said:

Nagler is a junior and 6'4" and pushing 230lbs

I know Nagler was a JR, we are in the 2016 UM Football recruiting thread after-all.

I wasn't giving his height, I was giving his championship jump (6'5").

I am kind of surprised we are not recruiting the eastern slope of he rockies in the Denver area....there are 110 high schools that play football there...I would think stitt would be well connected...maybe later...

krammer said:
I am kind of surprised we are not recruiting the eastern slope of he rockies in the Denver area....there are 110 high schools that play football there...I would think stitt would be well connected...maybe later...

I've been fortunate enough to have lived in the Denver and Omaha areas. Those 2 metro areas have plenty of talent that flies under the radar. It will be interesting to see the areas Stitt adds to the GRIZ pipelines. It takes awhile to build a pipeline in any good area. Right now Stitt, and his staff are working on the transitional phases of his hiring. As the system is in place, and the players are familiar with the expectations, etc time will open up for the staff to start putting their own stamp on recruiting. We will see a few players from new areas in the upcoming recruiting class, to what extent, I really am not sure. :thumb:

Back