• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

117th Brawl Prediction, let's get this started !!!!!!!!!!

I know this is a fan board and most people are predicitng with their heart and not head, but for those who claim they are using their head, I have a question:

Outside of Wazzu, the biggest margin of defeat the Cats have had all year is 12, at EWU. This includes a game against the then #4, currently #6 SDSU team who is the only team to beat NDSU this year. Do you really think you'll win by 3 TDs? Yes we haven't won any of these games, and I'm not saying we will this one either, but this team just flat doesn't get blown out. What do you see that says the Cats will get blown out?

CatzWillRise said:
I know this is a fan board and most people are predicitng with their heart and not head, but for those who claim they are using their head, I have a question:

Outside of Wazzu, the biggest margin of defeat the Cats have had all year is 12, at EWU. This includes a game against the then #4, currently #6 SDSU team who is the only team to beat NDSU this year. Do you really think you'll win by 3 TDs? Yes we haven't won any of these games, and I'm not saying we will this one either, but this team just flat doesn't get blown out. What do you see that says the Cats will get blown out?
The kittens played a Hell of a game against the bears....the kittens were behind 3 & 1/2 qtrs then pulled one off at the end. A rare quality win this year for the kittens.
The Griz "played with" that same bear team.....game over 11 minutes in

Bear Axed said:
CatzWillRise said:

The kittens played a Hell of a game against the bears....the kittens were behind 3 & 1/2 qtrs then pulled one off at the end. A rare quality win this year for the kittens.

I specifically asked for people who use their head for predictions. You might use your head for thinking, but it certainly isn't the one located north of your shoulders.

CatzWillRise said:

'

I don't think this will be a blow out and I think the cats are a good team. You could always throw out the question, did playing SDSU early in the season benefit the cats...I don't know..maybe. We would demolish Valpo now, I know this.

What I like about our matchup with the Cats is hopefully our ability to keep you off schedule. Strahm is playing so well along with our D-Line that if we can keep you from having 3rd and shorts, the cats lack of passing game hinders your ability to pick up 3rd and longs. I also like our matchup on the outside. I think our outside WR's are way more physical this year and I think the WR screens are going to be solid for us in this game. If it is a blowout, its because we executed early and made Murray start to force things and make things snowball.

CatzWillRise said:

I'm not predicting a blowout, and what I'm about to say really has nothing to do with this year's Cat team, but recent history in this rivalry says that if the Griz win, they'll win by a couple touchdowns or more. For whatever reason, no matter how good or bad the Griz or Cats are, it seems like if the Cats win it's a close game, but if the Griz win they end up blowing it open in the 2nd half. You've gotta go back to 2006 to find a game the Griz won by single digits and back to 2005 to find a game the Cats won by double digits.

Again, no real bearing on this year's game, just how it has played out in the last decade or so. So either something like 34-31 Cats or 41-24 Griz (obviously I lean toward the latter).

CatzWillRise said:
Bear Axed said:
CatzWillRise said:

I specifically asked for people who use their head for predictions. You might use your head for thinking, but it certainly isn't the one located north of your shoulders.

tumblr_lmfsmopCSD1qkfls2o1_500.gif

On October 1st, the day after the Griz beat PSU and improved to 3-2, someone asked me how I thought the Griz would finish out the season. I predicted they'd win 4 of their last 6, with losses at Weber and MSU, and finish 7-4. Though I feel a lot more confident in this team 6 weeks later, I'm going to stand by that prediction and pick the Bobcats over the Griz.

MSU ran for 368 yards against us last year, and I think their running game will once again give us fits and wear us down on defense. I think Murray will throw more than 9 times this year, but I don't see him trying to stretch the field. I think the Bobcats will take a page out of EWU's plan to beat our defense - short passes and screens that turn into big gains. I think our defense will miss a lot of tackles, again, and give up a lot of 3rd down conversions.

Offensively, I think we'll see improvement from last year's disappointing showing, but I also think Gregorak can and will read Stitt/Selle like a book. I think we could have some success with the deep ball, especially if the running game is decent and we can run some play action. MSU's run defense is vulnerable, and I think our chance of a win rises and falls with the running game. I hope we don't abandon it too quickly.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the Cats prevail in this one:

Bobcats 31
Grizzlies 26

I really see this game as a redemption for the Griz. The Griz are riding high and playing lights out on both sides of the ball. I'm thinking another 2011 game. Griz win the turnover battle and momentum and put up a big win. 41-16.

loser.jpg

Ursa Major said:
I really see this game as a redemption for the Griz. The Griz are riding high and playing lights out on both sides of the ball. I'm thinking another 2011 game. Griz win the turnover battle and momentum and put up a big win. 41-16.

loser.jpg

That was the first Brawl I attended in person (06) and I remember seeing that from the student section. Classic stuff! :lol:

CatzWillRise said:

I'll answer it with my head, and not my heart. NO WAY IN HELL THIS GAME IS A BLOWOUT. There, that's an honest answer.

NOW, do the same for me. Aren't fans supposed to love their team with their heart every bit as much as their brain? Isn't that what LOVE IS? So why then, does it offend, bother, annoy every MSU fan when Griz fans on a Griz fan board pick with their head, brain or both, their OWN TEAM? Why does that make Griz fans "Cocky douches" as is being said on BN? Why doesn't that just mean: They love their team, just like Cat fans love theirs?

wbtfg said:
UM 10,092
MSU 16,069

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make University of Phoenix one Hell of a team to root for....oh wait they don't play football but probably could still field a passing QB better than Murray

Latest posts

Back