• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

…toure…

retiredpopo said:
I think Roberts has made many clutch catches..seems like Akem has lost a little of that fire he had before getting hurt. both need to be having the ball slung to them more often that is for sure.
Flowers!!!

Griz til I die said:
hunt-ducks said:
So, you are telling us that players can improve to great levels following their first year or two??? Gee, who woulda thunk it possible?
Which one has been the better player throughout their career? Akem, it's obvious. He has been more consistent throughout his entire career. Toure was bad his first 2 years and had one breakout year where Akem missed the final 5 games of the season.

Perhaps one of the dumber recent hot takes on eGriz.

First of all, NFL scouts vehemently disagree with your expert opinion. Second of all, who cares about their freshman and sophomore years??? Look at where they are now. Horrible offensive scheme or not, Akem has an anemic 275 yards and 3 tds. He is almost never open against Big Sky talent. Dominant receiving talents get open in spite of scheme.

Meanwhile, Toure took his game to the vastly superior Big 10 and , in spite of shitty QB play and a run-based offense, has doubled Akem's output in yards and TD's, while cementing his presence as a mid round draft prospect.

gotgame75 said:
Griz til I die said:
Which one has been the better player throughout their career? Akem, it's obvious. He has been more consistent throughout his entire career. Toure was bad his first 2 years and had one breakout year where Akem missed the final 5 games of the season.

Perhaps one of the dumber recent hot takes on eGriz.

First of all, NFL scouts vehemently disagree with your expert opinion. Second of all, who cares about their freshman and sophomore years??? Look at where they are now. Horrible offensive scheme or not, Akem has an anemic 275 yards and 3 tds. He is almost never open against Big Sky talent. Dominant receiving talents get open in spite of scheme.

Meanwhile, Toure took his game to the vastly superior Big 10 and , in spite of shitty QB play and a run-based offense, has doubled Akem's output in yards and TD's, while cementing his presence as a mid round draft prospect.
All I'm saying is if Toure never left, I bet you Akem would be having the better year between the 2. Trying to compare these 2 at different schools is like trying to compare apples and oranges.

Back