• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Questions / comments for the 100th GFP episode

BWahlberg

DONOR
We’re going to be recording our 100th show - would love to hear from you guys on your favorite stories or comments from the pod. We’ll hit questions too!

I think my favorite stories came from a couple years ago leading up to the brawl when we got a peek into what goes on in the tunnel coming out onto the field from Andrew Schmidt and the throwback to when they pulled the switcharoo for the brawl after warmups.

Always love the variety of guests you guys get in a season, as well as the core group. Seems like a great way to spend a Sunday/Monday night. Discussing griz football with buds and beers. Thanks for getting us through the week between games.

Congrats on episode 100! Since I’ve moved away from Montana about 6-7 years ago, y’all have made me feel right at home. The GFP is my outlet to listen to Griz content, the folks here in Minnesota only care about hockey since their football teams suck.

Also, I get to attend my first Griz game this weekend since I’ve moved away from Montana. Would love to meet some of you if time permits.

As for questions:

Mike, please explain your disdain for the University of Northern Colorado. I will take great pleasure from this because I have my graduate degree from there and know some folks who echo the “This could be our year!” BS. I want no interruptions and for Mike to go off. Think of it as a topic for one of the mayor debates.

Can any of you pinpoint the reasoning as to why our offense has been lackluster in the 2nd half of games recently?

Most underrated small town in Montana? Please don’t say Whitefish.

Once again, congrats on the success of the GFP. Enjoy the game this weekend!

Congratulations on the milestone. Thanks for the hours and hours of more pleasurable dog walking and the occasional belly laugh.

First- CONGRATULATIONS!
I’ve listened to them all. I appreciate that you have created this constructive way for Griz Nation to connect. It’s special. You guys are good at it, too! If you ever decide to do an open, please keep me in mind-ha!

Also, and I don’t care if you share this on the pod, but I will answer the question from last week: “Why?” Why run 50 miles?

Because when I was James’ age, nobody gave me the guidance I needed to set and achieve goals. I didn’t really learn that until I was an adult. Nobody showed me how good I was at running and what it could do for me. Or how it translates to goal achievement in life. Long story short: I ran a 4:36 mile on Billings Senior’s cinder track when I was 15, but I didn’t run track my last two years in high school because I thought the coach was a douche (football guy who knew zilch about track and tried to make me a jumper when I was in 10th grade but I digress).

Point is, I will never know how fast I could have been. 4:10? Sub-4? I will never know. I was a kid who needed someone to say, “Hey knucklehead, here’s you. Here’s the possibilities. Here’s how you can get there if you wanna try.”

But now I always want to know what I can do. And when I hear about a kid who wants to run, I want to encourage that. I’m really glad you guys are doing that for James. It’s huge! Imagine all the great athletes out there who never get that.

So that’s why. That’s why I ran 50 miles. Besides it’s pretty fun actually. That’s why I join a buncha Missoula folks to run 50 thru the Bob each summer. It’s why I get up at 5am most days and go run. It’s why I manage my asthma so that I can. It’s why I coach middle school track. I wanna know. And I want all those kids to know. I got 150 of ‘em to cheer for now!

So go find out, James. And whatever your limits are, celebrate that! And encourage someone else to do the same!

Okay I’m done. Couldn’t stop myself when I heard he’s a runner and doing it himself. Go James!

Go, GFP!
(Where’s the merch?) :)

What are some tweaks you'd like see added to the offense and defense to take each to higher levels? I'd like to see more short to mid range passes, more carries for Gilman.
Defensively adding secondary defenses that better match up against dominant offenses, like the 3-4, nickel, and dime packages.

What 1 player would you like to see contribute more?
For me, Jareb Ramos, to better control power running attacks.

Congratulations on the pods success. I believe I have listened to every one of them. The pod has grown and matured. I have used your pod several times when speaking with others that have considered having a pod rather for sports or for other genre's of discussion.

I have no question because you guys typically discuss on your own anything that I would bring up.

Keep up the good work.

That sucks that your 100th pod will be after a bye so you won't have a game to talk about. Should've done like a short midweek pod before Idaho so your 100th would be after Idaho.

So you get to talk about the top 3 match-up between the Cats and Hornets for your 100th Pod. How amazing is that!

Congratulations on reaching the 100 episode milestone! I'm looking forward to the next 100. You, Mike, Luke, and James fill a void with content that other media outlets can't provide. I always look forward to hearing your discussion of the Griz team and the Big Sky. No one in my circle is interested in the details like you are. I enjoy the guests you bring. Riley and Colter provide some interesting perspectives - the marathon session with Colter during the losing skid last year was a highlight. Former players and the inside stories they tell are also favorites. Andrew and Samuel really stand out.

My first question is, with the new redshirt rule (a player can appear in four regular season games plus all postseason games and still be eligible for a redshirt), do you see any freshmen on the roster who might see playing time? Any chance Henry Nuce could see the field this year?

Last year, the Griz blew out several opponents and were able get minutes for many guys who aren't in the regular rotation. I think this is rewarding for those players, and gives the coaches some film to work with in developing them. Do you think the lack of playing time for these players this year will hurt us next year?

Back to Griz V Idaho. What was the deal with dimming lights after Idaho touchdowns? Is it reference to playing lights out? Is it common practice? Disconcerting on TV wondered what like for players and spectators.

Congrats on 100.

Favorite part of the pod was when Mike said Montana State is dominating the Griz in “every measurable way.” Boy was he right in that and I think the gap is getting even wider.

Question (as it being vs. Northern Colorado week):
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

And why do women get super excited for this question and are adamant it is the Sun Bear?
36ZBPDA2VB4GNYBBCY6NJWNUAE.jpg

Sun-bear-Helarctos-malayanus-tongue.jpg

Another question: what free-gift-giveaways are you doing for listeners to celebrate the milestone? And do you ship the vehicles to out-of-towners?

Congrats on the hunny, gentlemen. A huge accomplishment!! (Insert fake laser sounds here)

James, if you were a 4th grader when this pod started, and your Dad came to you and said, "I'm going to start a pod with a coupla buddies and people will love it and listen to over 100 of them", would you have laughed him out of the room?

GFPers, if Luke had told you day one this thing would still be going 100 episodes later, would you have politely suggested that perhaps the anal thermometer was implanted too deeply?

Bye weeks: Relaxing or "damn I miss GRIZ football"?

If you had to drop 300 pods a year for 10 years, and you were required to wear blades from the time you left your house until the time you got home (yes you'd have to blade to Mike's house) but the GRIZ would go 110-1 in the regular season (with a close loss to Georgia), and win 10 national championships, what are you discussing on pod #1,819?

Truly appreciate the effort it takes you gentlemen to do this. GRIZ Nation is indebted.

Back