Cats at WIU

Get the low down on Griz Football and the FCS
'68griz

Re: Cats at WIU

Post by '68griz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:11 pm

Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 pm
Moving up would not be that hard. The next tier is mediocre. Sad state of affairs in college football. SEC owns everybody.
Except for Clemson, of course.

MikeyGriz

Post by MikeyGriz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Copper Griz wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 pm
Moving up would not be that hard. The next tier is mediocre. Sad state of affairs in college football. SEC owns everybody.
Except for those pesky facilities and additional and continual money requirements! :lol:

signedbewildered
eGriz Club

Post by signedbewildered » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:09 pm

I just don't know if Beauman is gomna settle in this year. Might be that teams demise.

Will see come conference time.

indian-outlaw

Post by indian-outlaw » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:36 pm

signedbewildered wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:09 pm
I just don't know if Beauman is gomna settle in this year. Might be that teams demise.

Been saying this all along. He will sink that ship. Not sure they have an answer though, especially if Andersen is hurt.
"If you get to thinking' you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around" Will Rogers

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Interesting tidbit....that SEMO win that was supposed to be a signature win for Cats, well SEMO lost 50-0 to Missouri this past weekend. They only had 94 yards of total offense. Felt like semo was overrated big time when they ranked them 12 and now I think they don’t belong in top 25 at all.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm

signedbewildered wrote:

With that breezy conference schedule they'll be flying along and overconfident about 6 games in...
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.

FlyCastingCat

Post by FlyCastingCat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:18 pm
signedbewildered wrote:

With that breezy conference schedule they'll be flying along and overconfident about 6 games in...
MSU doesn't take anything for granted. Talk all the shit you want but the Cats do have a good team this year. IF Bauman can start putting a little touch on his passes it will change things. Still hasn't turned the ball over. And besides...we haven't needed a QB to beat the griz 3 years running...we also have a salty defensive line that will wreck BSC offensive lines this year, including yours. Now talk shit like nothing I said is true. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:07 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:28 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

MSU doesn't take anything for granted. Talk all the shit you want but the Cats do have a good team this year. IF Bauman can start putting a little touch on his passes it will change things. Still hasn't turned the ball over. And besides...we haven't needed a QB to beat the griz 3 years running...we also have a salty defensive line that will wreck BSC offensive lines this year, including yours. Now talk shit like nothing I said is true. :thumb:
Yep. If the Bubbies' QB who isn't good can become good, then it will change things.

HookedonGriz
eGriz Club

Post by HookedonGriz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:13 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

I think cats have a good team. I just don’t think they are a top 10. Not with the QB play I’ve seen thus far and not with the games you’ve played so far. Got easily handled and somewhat abused by a mediocre TT team (who just lost to AZ). Then beat what was supposed to be a good SEMO team (who is now looking pretty bad actually) after being drubbed by Missouri 50-0 and only getting 94 total yards. Then an ugly ugly win against a pretty bad WIU team who did all they could to not win the game, literally. From what I’ve seen so far I’d still have Cats top 20, more in the 17-20 range.

RobGriz
eGriz Club

Post by RobGriz » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

I don’t care how blue the lenses in your glasses are, you’ve got to admit that you guys are struggling at the QB position. And it’s a rare thing indeed for a qb to get significantly better as the season progresses. Will that matter throughout the season, I don’t know, but my guess, and it is only a guess, is that the cats are going to play AT LEAST 1 game this year where they need a qb, a legit qb, and you don’t currently have that.
I'd rather the GRIZ go 9-4 and be in the FCS playoff hunt every year than go 6-5 and get an invite to play in the Whoreallygivesashit.com bowl

JDoub

Post by JDoub » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:40 pm

RobGriz wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm
FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

I don’t care how blue the lenses in your glasses are, you’ve got to admit that you guys are struggling at the QB position. And it’s a rare thing indeed for a qb to get significantly better as the season progresses. Will that matter throughout the season, I don’t know, but my guess, and it is only a guess, is that the cats are going to play AT LEAST 1 game this year where they need a qb, a legit qb, and you don’t currently have that.
I admit the obvious.

there is a difference from last season though, this year we do have a backup QB who has some decent game experience, and a 3rd who is undersized but most who have watched him scrimmage wonder why he was not in the running. His style of play is a little more DD-esque. I was expecting to see a QB change at WIU, but it never came. glad CB is getting game experience, but so far he is no Lulay, McGhee, or Prukop. I hope it clicks for him.

Right now I see the 'Cats as a top 25, but not a top 10 team. Without Anderson and Infanse, barely top 25. I thought the griz looked decent in Eugene, apart from a run game. Our rankings should be switched right now IMO.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm

FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

:lol: :lol: You don't "take anything for granted." Then go on to make about 5 statements where you do EXACTLY that.

That "salty defensive line" has wrecked exactly NOBODY of note yet. You know even less about you team than we do about ours. So congrats on that. Except we DO have a QB. :thumb:

But hey, I appreciate your enthusiasm!

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:53 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:19 pm
FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

:lol: :lol: You don't "take anything for granted." Then go on to make about 5 statements where you do EXACTLY that.

That "salty defensive line" has wrecked exactly NOBODY of note yet. You know even less about you team than we do about ours. So congrats on that. Except we DO have a QB. :thumb:

I think they may have to do better on 3rd down. 9-46 (19.5%) probably isn't going to get it done. That said, I think they are right where they want to be. Bauman is looking tough at 48% with 1 TD.

jodcon
eGriz Club

Post by jodcon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:53 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I think they may have to do better on 3rd down. 9-46 (19.5%) probably isn't going to get it done. That said, I think they are right where they want to be. Bauman is looking tough at 48% with 1 TD.
Little lower then 48%, but definitely in the desired range. AND no INT's, if he can get through the season with 5 TD's and no picks there will be POY rumblings to the East. He is right on track.

CDAGRIZ
eGriz Club

Post by CDAGRIZ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:28 pm

jodcon wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:

Little lower then 48%, but definitely in the desired range. AND no INT's, if he can get through the season with 5 TD's and no picks there will be POY rumblings to the East. He is right on track.
I had him at 36/74 on the year, but I definitely could be wrong. I mean, we're just splitting hairs when we get into that level of elite. Most analysts I've consulted put him at 5 TDs and 2 picks for the season. The INTs will likely be "quality picks", so I don't think they will affect his POY standing.

jodcon
eGriz Club

Post by jodcon » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:31 pm

CDAGRIZ wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:28 pm
jodcon wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:14 pm
CDAGRIZ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

I had him at 36/74 on the year, but I definitely could be wrong. I mean, we're just splitting hairs when we get into that level of elite. Most analysts I've consulted put him at 5 TDs and 2 picks for the season. The INTs will likely be "quality picks", so I don't think they will affect his POY standing.
You're right, the last game wasn't updated yet so he is solid at 48%, however that does bring the TD estimate down to 3 or 4...he's going to have to pick it up there.

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:29 pm

indian-outlaw wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:23 pm
EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:19 pm
WIU will not win 2 games all year. They’ll be lucky to win any.
Let me know how much you'd like to bet on that please.
Hmmm.....
Booze is the duct tape of life.

EverettGriz
eGriz Club

Post by EverettGriz » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:30 pm

hm.grwn.grizfan wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:32 pm
EverettGriz wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:19 pm
WIU will not win 2 games all year. They’ll be lucky to win any.
As will South Dakota. They looked downright terrible on defense today. That NAIA defensive coordinator may be in over his head.
Hmmmmm....
Booze is the duct tape of life.

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:33 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
FlyCastingCat wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
signedbewildered wrote:

I’m guessing flycastingcat learned a little something about his team today, including that “salty defensive line”... :lol:

AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Post by AZGrizFan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:35 pm

HookedonGriz wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:17 pm
Interesting tidbit....that SEMO win that was supposed to be a signature win for Cats, well SEMO lost 50-0 to Missouri this past weekend. They only had 94 yards of total offense. Felt like semo was overrated big time when they ranked them 12 and now I think they don’t belong in top 25 at all.
And lost today to #LetsGoPeay.....28-24....whopping 3-3 overall.

Real signature win there.