• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU Gets Chick-fil-A & McDonalds at the White House

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/the-massage-parlor-owner-peddling-access-to-trump-has-ties-to-chinese-government-linked-groups-cindy-yang/

Speculation by Mother Jones, but even the article says this: "No direct evidence of any such activity has yet emerged." We shall see.

true. makes me think of the clintons, for some reason...

argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/the-massage-parlor-owner-peddling-access-to-trump-has-ties-to-chinese-government-linked-groups-cindy-yang/

Speculation by Mother Jones, but even the article says this: "No direct evidence of any such activity has yet emerged." We shall see.

Wasn't the biggest playboy President in history none other the great JFK himself?

reinell30 said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:
argh! said:

Wasn't the biggest playboy President in history none other the great JFK himself?

my thinking was more the 'pay for play' activities of the clinton foundation.

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Wall St Journal, March 6.

Tax Reform Unleashed the U.S. Economy
The surge in private investment has brought big returns for households as well as the government.

"The Commerce Department reported Thursday that real gross domestic product grew by 3.1% from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018—the largest rise in 13 years. And last month the Congressional Budget Office reported that even if the current surge in economic growth isn’t sustained, the revenue residual from our current strong growth rate will pay for some 80% of the projected cost of the 2017 tax reform."

"The tax cuts and the lifting of regulatory burden have produced an economic takeoff that had failed to occur under the policies of the previous administration, despite a doubling of the national debt and the greatest monetary easing in the history of the Federal Reserve. Many respected economists in those years concluded that America suffered from “secular stagnation” and was incapable of strong growth. But today, greater than 3% GDP growth for the first time in 13 years makes it clear that bad policies rather than fate were the cause of the failed recovery."

"When the economy was shackled by tax increases and adversarial regulations, private investment lagged, productivity fell and labor-force participation dropped among prime working-age persons. Since 2017 private investment has returned to the levels that drove other postwar recoveries, and productivity and labor-force participation are rising."

"The top 10% of U.S. households earn 33.5% of all income but pay 45.1% of all income-based taxes, including income, Social Security and Medicare taxes. The top 10% of American earners pay 1.35 times their share of income in income taxes. In France, Germany and Sweden—supposed progressive paradises—the top 10% of earners pay just 1.1, 1.07 and 1.01 times their respective shares of national income.

With the most progressive tax code in the developed world, the U.S. government relies increasingly on a small proportion of higher-income families to pay a larger share of taxes. Because the income of the top 10% of earners is tied closely to business profits and capital gains, slow growth now decimates federal revenues."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tax-reform-unleashed-the-u-s-economy-11551740837

The WSJ is the dingiest, large,piece of right wing ass wipe in the country. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the foul owner of Fox News. To even post anything from that sink hole is a joke ... and you want to talk about political bias, you oblivious, Trump humping zombie?!!

The Wall St Journal is the best source of business news in the world, by far. By the way, the Journal doesn't exactly like Trump. You are too business and economically illiterate to know that. You continue to show your business and economic ignorance.

"The Wall St Journal is the largest newspaper in the United States by circulation. It has won 39 Pulitzer Prizes. It has over 2,000 journalists across 51 countries and records over 2,378,800 circulations daily."

argh! said:
reinell30 said:
argh! said:
PlayerRep said:

my thinking was more the 'pay for play' activities of the clinton foundation.

If you were married to Hillary what would you do?

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
The Trump Madam is at the center of a whole ring of rich abusers ... and may have an espionage element ... typical of the kind of pus hole at the center of the monstrous sleaze mire that is the Trump presidency. Is PR hoping for an invitation? A little out of his league to wildly understate it ... but he can dream, can't he?

Founder Of Robert Kraft ‘Spa’ Reportedly Selling Chinese Access To Trump

The woman who founded the “day spa” where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested and later charged with soliciting prostitution has a business that offers access to President Donald Trump to fee-paying Chinese investors, Mother Jones magazine reported Saturday.

GOP donor Li Yang, who uses the name Cindy, has posted selfies on social media with Republican Party leaders and politicians — including Trump. She snapped a photo of herself with the president at a Super Bowl viewing party last month at Trump’s West Palm Beach club. (Trump cheered for the team owned by his pal Kraft.)

She has also posted selfies with Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Kellyanne Conway, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), among several others.

Yang owns a string of spas and massage parlors in Florida with a “reputation” of providing sexual services, the Miami Herald reported. She denies that she has ever broken the law.

Now Mother Jones reports that “consulting company” GY US Investments LLC, owned by Yang and her husband, Zubin Gong, offers fee-paying clients the “opportunity to interact with the president, the [U.S.] Minister of Commerce and other political figures,” according to the magazine’s translation of the firm’s web site, which is mostly in Chinese.

This woman sold her spa in 2013. That's 6 years ago. You and Mother Jones are a bit behind the times, and really stretching.

Leave it to this cretin to pick out an irrelevant detail ... Fox feed you that? Is there anything at all too embarrassing to deter him from supporting his perv buddies?

PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Wall St Journal, March 6.

Tax Reform Unleashed the U.S. Economy
The surge in private investment has brought big returns for households as well as the government.

"The Commerce Department reported Thursday that real gross domestic product grew by 3.1% from the fourth quarter of 2017 to the fourth quarter of 2018—the largest rise in 13 years. And last month the Congressional Budget Office reported that even if the current surge in economic growth isn’t sustained, the revenue residual from our current strong growth rate will pay for some 80% of the projected cost of the 2017 tax reform."

"The tax cuts and the lifting of regulatory burden have produced an economic takeoff that had failed to occur under the policies of the previous administration, despite a doubling of the national debt and the greatest monetary easing in the history of the Federal Reserve. Many respected economists in those years concluded that America suffered from “secular stagnation” and was incapable of strong growth. But today, greater than 3% GDP growth for the first time in 13 years makes it clear that bad policies rather than fate were the cause of the failed recovery."

"When the economy was shackled by tax increases and adversarial regulations, private investment lagged, productivity fell and labor-force participation dropped among prime working-age persons. Since 2017 private investment has returned to the levels that drove other postwar recoveries, and productivity and labor-force participation are rising."

"The top 10% of U.S. households earn 33.5% of all income but pay 45.1% of all income-based taxes, including income, Social Security and Medicare taxes. The top 10% of American earners pay 1.35 times their share of income in income taxes. In France, Germany and Sweden—supposed progressive paradises—the top 10% of earners pay just 1.1, 1.07 and 1.01 times their respective shares of national income.

With the most progressive tax code in the developed world, the U.S. government relies increasingly on a small proportion of higher-income families to pay a larger share of taxes. Because the income of the top 10% of earners is tied closely to business profits and capital gains, slow growth now decimates federal revenues."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tax-reform-unleashed-the-u-s-economy-11551740837

The WSJ is the dingiest, large,piece of right wing ass wipe in the country. It is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the foul owner of Fox News. To even post anything from that sink hole is a joke ... and you want to talk about political bias, you oblivious, Trump humping zombie?!!

The Wall St Journal is the best source of business news in the world, by far. By the way, the Journal doesn't exactly like Trump. You are too business and economically illiterate to know that. You continue to show your business and economic ignorance.

"The Wall St Journal is the largest newspaper in the United States by circulation. It has won 39 Pulitzer Prizes. It has over 2,000 journalists across 51 countries and records over 2,378,800 circulations daily."

Correction, ignoramus ... it's news section is respectable; it's editorial board is made up of rabid reicho rats, much like yourself. A similar dichotomy as that seen at Fox, but even more disgraceful. You continue to show your stupidity, dishonesty and generally twisted mentality.

Trump’s China scandal: An entire new wave of sleaze and corruption surfaces in Florida

A woman named Cindy Yang founded the “day spa” where all these wealthy powerful men went to release their … stress. Although Yang no longer owns the specific business where Kraft was videotaped receiving oral sex, it was known for offering the same “services” in her time. Her family still operates several similar enterprises that are also under suspicion for sex trafficking and prostitution. And wouldn’t you know it, Yang is a big-time Republican who now owns a company that sells access to another wealthy and powerful man with a big presence in South Florida: the president of the United States.

For obvious reasons, national security experts were alarmed by this report. This startling combination of sex trafficking, prostitution and politicians presents a perfect opportunity for espionage and blackmail. In an explosive follow-up report on Sunday, the Mother Jones reporters make clear that these observers were right to be concerned:

Yang is an officer of two groups with ties to China’s Communist government. And she founded a Miami-based nonprofit that promotes “economic and cultural exchange” between China and the West in coordination with “senior … Chinese leaders” in the United States, according to a profile of Yang posted on a Chinese social media platform … .

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
Hahaha ... do you have cherries at "the lake place?" You're excellent at picking them. Trump's leading ass kisser in the econ world, Lou Dobbs, says ... well, you saw what he said, above ... reread that.

I don't follow Dobbs, and didn't understand what you quoted. Can you explain it?

I can believe you don't understand it ... or anything else. How goddamn hard is it to understand when one of Fox's main econ guys says Trump has lost his way, then states why?

I don't know why you keep bringing up Trump. I'm not debating or discussing or defending Trump. I am talking about the US economy.

Jeeeezus!! What do you think Dobbs, the FOX business guy and economist, was talking about, genius? He refers to Trump in the context of his utter screwing of the American ECONOMY. See, that's the connection to Trump, zombie. And, when Dobbs says it, even ewe have got to know it's even worse.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
I don't follow Dobbs, and didn't understand what you quoted. Can you explain it?

I can believe you don't understand it ... or anything else. How goddamn hard is it to understand when one of Fox's main econ guys says Trump has lost his way, then states why?

I don't know why you keep bringing up Trump. I'm not debating or discussing or defending Trump. I am talking about the US economy.

Jeeeezus!! What do you think Dobbs, the FOX business guy and economist, was talking about, genius? He refers to Trump in the context of his utter screwing of the American ECONOMY. See, that's the connection to Trump, zombie. And, when Dobbs says it, even ewe have got to know it's even worse.

I actually don't know what Dobbs was saying, nor do I care. I don't follow him at all. I follow people and publications that know what they are talking about. Wall St. Journal, for one.

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
The Trump Madam is at the center of a whole ring of rich abusers ... and may have an espionage element ... typical of the kind of pus hole at the center of the monstrous sleaze mire that is the Trump presidency. Is PR hoping for an invitation? A little out of his league to wildly understate it ... but he can dream, can't he?

The woman who founded the “day spa” where New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft was arrested and later charged with soliciting prostitution has a business that offers access to President Donald Trump to fee-paying Chinese investors, Mother Jones magazine reported Saturday.

GOP donor Li Yang, who uses the name Cindy, has posted selfies on social media with Republican Party leaders and politicians — including Trump. She snapped a photo of herself with the president at a Super Bowl viewing party last month at Trump’s West Palm Beach club. (Trump cheered for the team owned by his pal Kraft.)

She has also posted selfies with Eric Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Kellyanne Conway, Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) and Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), among several others.

Yang owns a string of spas and massage parlors in Florida with a “reputation” of providing sexual services, the Miami Herald reported. She denies that she has ever broken the law.

Now Mother Jones reports that “consulting company” GY US Investments LLC, owned by Yang and her husband, Zubin Gong, offers fee-paying clients the “opportunity to interact with the president, the [U.S.] Minister of Commerce and other political figures,” according to the magazine’s translation of the firm’s web site, which is mostly in Chinese.

This woman sold her spa in 2013. That's 6 years ago. You and Mother Jones are a bit behind the times, and really stretching.

Leave it to this cretin to pick out an irrelevant detail ... Fox feed you that? Is there anything at all too embarrassing to deter him from supporting his perv buddies?

What relevance does someone who sold a business 6 years ago, have to do with Kraft going to her business 6 years later?

Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:

Correction, ignoramus ... it's news section is respectable; it's editorial board is made up of rabid reicho rats, much like yourself. A similar dichotomy as that seen at Fox, but even more disgraceful. You continue to show your stupidity, dishonesty and generally twisted mentality.

The Journal's business reporting is outstanding. One of the co-authors of the opinion I cited is a former US Senator and economics PhD, who taught economics in college for about a dozen years. Was highly respected in the Senate. He's not on the Journal's editorial board.

The head of the editorial board is my good friend. I've known him for 4 decades. He is highly respected, smart, educated, and a great guy. He used to write Potomac Watch many years ago.

You continue to be a nasty person, with no knowledge of economics at all.

Fats, I'm giving you a warning. Either clean up your language and insults, or I will do my best to get you kicked off egriz. Your crap is mucking up the board, and violates the rules.

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:

I actually don't know what Dobbs was saying, nor do I care. I don't follow him at all. I follow people and publications that know what they are talking about. Wall St. Journal, for one.

Riiiiiiight, wingbat ... you "follow" (like a sheep follows the ass in front of it) whoever agrees with your preconceived idiocies.

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
PlayerRep said:

The Journal's business reporting is outstanding. One of the co-authors of the opinion I cited is a former US Senator and economics PhD, who taught economics in college for about a dozen years. Was highly respected in the Senate. He's not on the Journal's editorial board.

The head of the editorial board is my good friend. I've known him for 4 decades. He is highly respected, smart, educated, and a great guy. He used to write Potomac Watch many years ago.

You continue to be a nasty person, with no knowledge of economics at all.

Hahahahaha ... why did I know you'd bring up one of your imaginary buddies, again? Btw, what kind of a really nasty asshole is such a stalwart and passionate ass kisser of freaks like Kraft and Drumpf. Now, that right there ... that's nasty, ponderous one.

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:

What relevance does someone who sold a business 6 years ago, have to do with Kraft going to her business 6 years later?

He's part of what is still her whole circle jerk of jerk offs ... lo, down unto the very present ... along with Trump and a bunch of other truly evil, GOPervs. Influence peddling, abuse of what may be virtually slave girls, perhaps treason, espionage ... we will see, but even the best case scenario is bad. You need to start asking these questions in the spirit of a truth seeker rather than as one asking them rhetorically.

Yukon said:
Some of you are going to be so sad within the next couple weeks. :lol:

Is that when Trump single handedly arrests the entire Deeeeeep State, and marches them to the gallows? Do you make these predictions often? Why are still alive after your last one was such a joke ... I know there was one .

MTOutsider said:
grizindabox said:
reinell30 said:
Cheap ass billionaire president only bought chic sandwiches and burgers for the team. Damn him!

How do you celebrate special occasions...hot dogs at Costco?

No, he grazes at all the free sample stands.

Riding to Trump's defense, once again, as is ever my wont ... Deutsche Bank, where he had to go for financing after stiffing every bank in the US, says he's not really a billionaire at all -- not even a one billionaire. In fact, his overall worth is only slightly more than daddy nazi gave him to begin with, so the poor bastard has to scrimp where he can. Let up on him.

PlayerRep said:
Fat Bruno said:
How is it possible to live in this world and not know the figures on the deficit????? All you have to do is look at the charts and read a little econ history. Annual deficits went down steadily under Clinton until, in his last year, he actually RAN A SURPLUS !!!! The first. Then, the annual figure ... which is the only way you can tell what's happening ... began to rise again under Bush until they were astronomical for the time. Obama inherited this mess and, of course, it continued to rise until his policies kicked in, then began to go back down again and continued to do so. Trump gets in and the rise is on again. Of course, for peabrains who don't understand addition, you must point out that the overall national debt is going to go up every year unless we are actually running a surplus. It's what a president inherits and what the trajectory of the debt is that alone tells the story. It is always downward under the Dems after they fix the messes they inherit and always SKYROCKETING upward under GOOPs. And, please, DON"t pretend to interpret Krugman for us.

How is it possible that you don't know that the deficit under Obama was over $1 Trillion for 4 of his 8 years? Trump's first 2 years didn't approach that amount. $621 billion in 2018 according to CNBC. Bush's deficit was under $2 Trillion total in 8 years.

You are a financial and economic idiot. You can't even Google to an answer that is credible.

I post the following not in the spirit of enlightening you -- an impossible task -- but in the spirit of once again kicking your ignorant ass:

U.S. Posts The Biggest Monthly Budget Deficit In American History

February’s federal budget deficit was the largest on record, according to figures released by the Treasury Department on Friday. President Donald Trump promised during his campaign that he would balance the budget in eight years.

The total debt surpassed $22 trillion for the first time ever in February — $2 trillion higher than when Trump took office.

The massive shortfall is being attributed to a 20 percent drop in corporate revenue and increased federal spending. The Trump administration slashed corporate taxes in his new 2017 tax law from 35 percent to 21 percent. Trump’s tax-cut package cost the government $1.5 trillion.

“When you pass the most irresponsible tax cut followed by the most irresponsible spending increase, unsurprisingly it leads to the largest deficit numbers,” Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, told The Washington Post. “Predictably, that’s exactly where we landed.”

The deficit for the first five months of the federal fiscal year is $544.2 billion, up nearly 40 percent from the same period the previous year, according to Treasury figures.

The budget gap was $234 billion in February alone, which surpassed the earlier monthly record of $231.7 billion seven years ago, according to an analysis of data by Bloomberg.

Total spending was $401 billion in February while the government took in just $167 billion.

Corporations have so far this fiscal year paid $59.2 billion in taxes, compared to $87.4 billion at this point ini 2017 before Trump’s tax law was enacted.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell warned Congress last month that the federal debt matters — it’s growing faster than the gross domestic product —and the nation must address the issue.

Money owed is eating up an increasing share of the GDP. The budget deficit’s share of the GDP is expected to increase to 5.1 percent this year, up from 3.8 percent a year ago, according to projections from the White House Office of Management and Budget.

At this rate, the national debt could be on track to hit 93 percent of GDP in a decade.

Back