• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring Game

Well looks like we are gonna get to play them after all. That’s a good game to play this spring since we’re probably not gonna get an FCS game, as they continue to search for one more opponent.

Yeah. Makes no sense to play the team down the road who’s also looking for an FCS opponent. That would be just dumb.

Griz til I die said:
Well looks like we are gonna get to play them after all. That’s a good game to play this spring since we’re probably not gonna get an FCS game, as they continue to search for one more opponent.

Yep I just hope they find one more opponent to get to the two games for the student athletes sake. They deserve some games to compete.

AZGrizFan said:
Yeah. Makes no sense to play the team down the road who’s also looking for an FCS opponent. That would be just dumb.

Neither team wants to play in what equates to a scrimmage, and I can't say that I blame them.

Griz til I die said:

Last that I heard, they were not even looking to schedule any FCS competition.

And that would make sense. I know Western is playing the cats this spring. Kinda hard to believe that the cats are gonna try and play games this spring with having to implement a new system that could be drastically different. More power to them.

Griz til I die said:
And that would make sense. I know Western is playing the cats this spring. Kinda hard to believe that the cats are gonna try and play games this spring with having to implement a new system that could be drastically different. More power to them.

Wouldn't this spring be the best time (if we can get a head coach finally) to implement a new system and work out a new staff? The two games really helps MSU to get reps with new look... I don't think that whomever the coach is, will switch to many things up to much though.

SACCAT66 said:
Griz til I die said:

Wouldn't this spring be the best time (if we can get a head coach finally) to implement a new system and work out a new staff? The two games really helps MSU to get reps with new look... I don't think that whomever the coach is, will switch to many things up to much though.
Ya I think it’s a good idea. All I’m saying is if you do play this spring, will the players have enough time to learn the new system before a live opponent? I guess against Western you’ll be fine, but I wouldn’t wanna play a D1 opponent with very little time to prepare and learn a new system.

At the rate they are going, will the cats even have a new HC by then, let alone have a new system installed?

I think it would be a blast watching Western Dawgs beat the cats! Never underestimate lower tier opponents!

RABIDAWG said:
I think it would be a blast watching Western Dawgs beat the cats! Never underestimate lower tier opponents!
I'd like to see us beat the cats! Don't know if anybody has noticed but in the "what have you done for me lately" file. They have won 4 in a row and the last one maybe the most embarrassing loss in school history.

PR is the lawyer so he'd know better but we played like we had a non compete clause.

SaskGriz said:
RABIDAWG said:
I'd like to see us beat the cats! Don't know if anybody has noticed but in the "what have you done for me lately" file. They have won 4 in a row and the last one maybe the most embarrassing loss in school history.

PR is the lawyer so he'd know better but we played like we had a non compete clause.

Bobby worked that out in the details. He said this game really wasn’t that big a deal.

RABIDAWG said:

It could happen. ISU played Western a couple times in Pokey, early season game. The first half was close, but...

https://helenair.com/sports/college/frontier-conference/montana-tech/montana-tech-montana-western-opt-out-of-2021-spring-football-season/article_e2e135a9-b27b-567b-8dda-fb71978c6da6.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_helenaironline

I wonder if this helps gets one of them on the schedule for our second exhibition match.

Back