• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Chipper Tickets

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Yesterday, after the team’s performance in the Weber game, I did something I’ve never done this early in a season....

I bought tickets to the NC game in Frisco.

Tell me I’m wrong.

Well fuck. You know now if they don't make it , it's all you fault ( a little Stitt's too )

AZGrizFan said:
Yesterday, after the team’s performance in the Weber game, I did something I’ve never done this early in a season....

Tell me I’m wrong.
Love the enthusiasm, but you’re wrong, for now. You better pray to god that we don’t lose next week and we get that 3 seed and paired with JMU. I don’t think we get there if we have to go through the Fargo dome.

Griz til I die said:
AZGrizFan said:

Tell me I’m wrong.
Love the enthusiasm, but you’re wrong, for now. You better pray to god that we don’t lose next week and we get that 3 seed and paired with JMU. I don’t think we get there if we have to go through the Fargo dome.

well we gotta go through them some time. I’m not wrong until we lose in the playoffs. :D

AZGrizFan said:

Tell me I’m wrong.

Ok your wrong :mrgreen: but could I get the seats around you.

I love the optimism, but yesterday was a great matchup for the Griz from a scheme standpoint. Are the Griz a top 5 team. Yes. Top 2? Hard to tell. I think a lot of fans are getting cocky at this point. Not a mistake that Bobby will make. Work to be done this coming weekend and there will be a ton of emotion on the line. Cats looked very poor against UC Davis. They have not looked overly impressive outside of the No Co game. They have a tough defense. They are not going to be able to play from behind. Very similar to Weber, except Weber has a QB. Going to be a fun game to watch. Wish the Griz had Akem. One game at a time. One at a time. Win next week and I will be a lot more optimistic.

Copper Griz said:
I love the optimism, but yesterday was a great matchup for the Griz. Are the Griz a top 5 team. Yes. Top 2? Hard to tell. I think a lot of fans are getting cocky at this point. Not a mistake that Bobby will make. Work to be done this coming weekend and there will be a ton of emotion on the line. Cats looked very poor against UC Davis. They have not looked overly impressive outside of the No Co game. They have a tough defense. Going to be a fun game to watch. Wish we had Akem. One game at a time. One at a time. Win next week and I will be a lot more optimistic.

Question: does buying chipper tickets make me a cocky fan? Or just a prepared one?

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
I love the optimism, but yesterday was a great matchup for the Griz. Are the Griz a top 5 team. Yes. Top 2? Hard to tell. I think a lot of fans are getting cocky at this point. Not a mistake that Bobby will make. Work to be done this coming weekend and there will be a ton of emotion on the line. Cats looked very poor against UC Davis. They have not looked overly impressive outside of the No Co game. They have a tough defense. Going to be a fun game to watch. Wish we had Akem. One game at a time. One at a time. Win next week and I will be a lot more optimistic.

Question: does buying chipper tickets make me a cocky fan? Or just a prepared one?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fair enough. You are ahead of the curve AZ.

Copper Griz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Fair enough. You are ahead of the curve AZ.

I got great seats (40 yard line, 27 rows up). I’m certain that if we don’t make it and NDSU does, I won’t LOSE money on them...but hey, better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them....amirite???

Copper Griz said:
I love the optimism, but yesterday was a great matchup for the Griz from a scheme standpoint. Are the Griz a top 5 team. Yes. Top 2? Hard to tell. I think a lot of fans are getting cocky at this point. Not a mistake that Bobby will make. Work to be done this coming weekend and there will be a ton of emotion on the line. Cats looked very poor against UC Davis. They have not looked overly impressive outside of the No Co game. They have a tough defense. They are not going to be able to play from behind. Very similar to Weber, except Weber has a QB. Going to be a fun game to watch. Wish the Griz had Akem. One game at a time. One at a time. Win next week and I will be a lot more optimistic.

One small point. I saw only the last 10 or so minutes of the Cat-Davis game, starting from when it was 17-17, and I thought the Cats looked pretty good then.

AZGrizFan said:

Tell me I’m wrong.

I booked flights ahead of time once, and the Griz lost the next weekend and didn't make it to Chatty.

In a later year, I was at JMU with my son, and my college daughter was in Missoula, checking airfares to Chatty. She wanted to book for the family in the 4th quarter, then later in the 4th quarter, but I wouldn't let her book until time expired. The airfares increased twice during that period of time, but I wasn't going to jinx the team again. I booked hotels but not airfare once for a later game, and again the Griz didn't make it to Chatty.

PlayerRep said:
Copper Griz said:

One small point. I saw only the last 10 or so minutes of the Cat-Davis game, starting from when it was 17-17, and I thought the Cats looked pretty good then

PR. I was simply unimpressed with UCD. They look like a team who gave up. Terrible form tackling. Neither offense was stellar and the Cats should have been able to put up more points. Game should have never gone to the fourth quarter. UCD receivers were damn well asleep at the wheel and the fourth down call was not wise. Cat defense played well, but man there offense is not very good. Will be interesting next weekend. Regardless they got the W. They are a grind it out team. Top 10? Honestly don’t know since their schedule has been pretty soft.

AZGrizFan said:

Tell me I’m wrong.

I reserve my room and my tickets every year with optimism!

AZGrizFan said:

Tell me I’m wrong.

Il get back to you next week. If UM is championship caliber then in no world do they lose that game. I’m a believer that they’re capable of making a semi final run. Not sure they’re ready to win a chipper though. Need to shore up that secondary a bit and maybe get a bit more going on the ground game before I’m that confident. They’re right there though. So close. You can see that they’re on track to be a legit title contender in the coming years if not this year. Great time to be a Griz!

fencer24 said:
After Weber, I have to think the Bison are concerned about our run defense as well.

Next week is another huge game for the run defense to shine. They showed they can be very stout against the run all season, and now get to prove it against the best rushing team in conference. Shut the run game down and we win going away.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
fencer24 said:
After Weber, I have to think the Bison are concerned about our run defense as well.

Next week is another huge game for the run defense to shine. They showed they can be very stout against the run all season, and now get to prove it against the best rushing team in conference. Shut the run game down and we win going away.

True, we but 8 in the box vs Weber and run blitzed and stunted for the run all game and Weber couldn’t do a thing about it. They just didn’t have the WRs to win the 1-1 consistently. Many of our pressures and sacks were coverage related. Anytime with man you can hold coverage for more than 3 seconds..you’re doing well. That and we gave some different looks at where things were coming from and Weber just didn’t trust their routes.

MSU might have the same issues at QB but they are more creative running the ball. They can spread you and run the edge and they can RPO and hit the A and B. It will be a different test next week but I think if MSU tries to rely on winning those 1-1 outside and letting us just stunt and keep our LBs and Safeties with eyes in the backfield ...it might be a similar result

Back