• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - Sac St

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good:
- Justin Ford (dude has been an amazing addition)
- Grossman is a stud
- Bergen is doing amazing for being a true freshman who is a WR and has been forced to play RB

Bad:
- our OC and his shit play calling
- our O Line (if I hear the word DOLA ever again I may vomit)
- the refs should seriously be suspended

Ugly:
- being 19 point faves and getting owned in all 3 phases
- brown taking 2 sacks to end the game. I’d rather he Hail Mary’s a pick at that point.
- my mother (who doesn’t drink) needing a cider for the drive back because she was so disgusted.

It’s hard to take anything good from this game. I officially want to wrestle Rosenbach. Change it up!!

Bad: How is it that THEIR receivers always manage to find a soft spot or get separation and our receivers NEVER do? It boggles the mind, honestly. Even Akem doesn’t get any separation.

If I see another 2 yard pass play I’M going to puke.

Looked like a below average team even with a favorable schedule this year. A few good moments yesterday but over all what I seen isn't a top tier team.

HookedonGriz said:
Good:
- Grossman is a stud
- Bergen is doing amazing for being a true freshman who is a WR and has been forced to play RB

Bad:

Ugly:
- brown taking 2 sacks to end the game. I’d rather he Hail Mary’s a pick at that point.
- my mother (who doesn’t drink) needing a cider for the drive back because she was so disgusted.

It’s hard to take anything good from this game. I officially want to wrestle Rosenbach. Change it up!!

I too was totally frustrated by those two sacks at the end. Some blame goes to Brown but most goes to whoever is coaching him up at the end of the game. That coach needs to stress that there are two options available in that scenario:
1) if it isn't 4th down and you absolutely cannot find a receiver DOWNFIELD, throw an incomplete pass, avoid the sack and at least stop the clock, and 2) if it is 4th down you have to give one of your receivers a chance to make a catch-put the ball in the air! There will never be a catch made on a ball that's never thrown.

Also, don't think the refs cost the Griz the game but they were atrocious. That "blocked into the punt receiver" call has to be the worst call I have ever seen in a football game at any level, high school included.

Regarding the punt return for a TD that was called back, I was sitting in the NEZ and since they didn’t replay it on the big screen, never got to see the actual crime committed….was there actually TWO penalties on that play? We’re the blocks so atrocious that the TD gets called back?

Good. Was a beautiful day.

Bad. The offense left the defense on the field for a little over 60% of the game. Getting a turnover in the red zone and give up the ball on the next play. Causing a fumble late in the game and Walker is offsides. An offensive line that continues to struggle. Missed tackles.
Listing bad things that goes on and on and on.

Ugly. My neighbor.

AZGrizFan said:
Regarding the punt return for a TD that was called back, I was sitting in the NEZ and since they didn’t replay it on the big screen, never got to see the actual crime committed….was there actually TWO penalties on that play? We’re the blocks so atrocious that the TD gets called back?

The block in the back was clear as day from my seat. I didn't see the hold...quit watching white run after all the refs threw flags for block in the back.

Livingston Ranger football team could beat these guys and they are 0-8 in class A Montana football.
Our OC needs another job like somewhere else.
Our conditioning coach needs to figure out why all our guys keep getting these bad cramps.
The defense is so predictable where they rush from or where they are made it so easy for Dixie and Sac to move the ball. Never saw so many missed tackles in my life.
All around, this was the worse game I have ever seen a Griz team play. Coaching all the way down to the bench. Our punter was the ONLY bright spot in the stadium!

My tailgate was fun though!

reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:

The block in the back was clear as day from my seat. I didn't see the hold...quit watching white run after all the refs threw flags for block in the back.

Livingston Ranger football team could beat these guys and they are 0-8 in class A Montana football.
Our conditioning coach needs to figure out why all our guys keep getting these bad cramps.
The defense is so predictable where they rush from or where they are made it so easy for Dixie and Sac to move the ball. Never saw so many missed tackles in my life.
All around, this was the worse game I have ever seen a Griz team play. Coaching all the way down to the bench. Our punter was the ONLY bright spot in the stadium!

Livingston probably has some players that aren’t injured.Let’s talk about offense since most comments identify offense as our Achilles heel. Our QB, Brown has a good throwing motion and average speed when he runs. However, for whatever reason, he can’t throw the long ball and is prone to fumble. Most of our running backs are injured and can’t play. How can you blame these issues on our coaches? We have some of the best coaches in the land. When we have some players back and still can’t win, take a look at coaching. Until then, please ease up and give them your support.

AZGrizFan said:

The first penalty for block in the back was bad...like Stevie Wonder would've thrown the flag. Completely unnecessary, White was going to beat that guy. Lots of mental mistakes, and I think that happens with frustration. Never saw the 2nd one though.

HookedonGriz said:
Good:
- Grossman is a stud

Bad:

Ugly:

Catching an uncontested ball doesn't qualify a player as a stud. Last time I checked a TE needs to be able to block and catch. TE blocking has been awful and no YAC.

Oh and Rosey sucks.

Oftentimes after a loss there's some rational thinking that comes to light once folks sober up Sunday morning. Not seeing or feeling that today.

This year's team is deeply troubled on offense. It's not even one position, it's across the board.

We can hope Cam comes back and brings with him that senior sense of urgency to make a run in the playoffs. Nothing will matter if the coaches don't do a self evaluation...they have the biggest job in getting the team to play above and beyond their potential.

MontanaJack2006 said:
Oftentimes after a loss there's some rational thinking that comes to light once folks sober up Sunday morning. Not seeing or feeling that today.

This year's team is deeply troubled on offense. It's not even one position, it's across the board.

We can hope Cam comes back and brings with him that senior sense of urgency to make a run in the playoffs. Nothing will matter if the coaches don't do a self evaluation...they have the biggest job in getting the team to play above and beyond their potential.

Nailed it!

reinell30 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Have no idea why, but assumed the cramps could be related to the illness bug our team got, especially if they aren't fully recovered.

PhxGriz said:
reinell30 said:

Have no idea why, but assumed the cramps could be related to the illness bug our team got, especially if they aren't fully recovered.

Total speculation on my part, but I thought a few cramps were planned in the second half to slow down the tempo.

AZGrizFan said:

Yes and yes. Watch the replay.

Spanky2 said:
reinell30 said:

Livingston probably has some players that aren’t injured.Let’s talk about offense since most comments identify offense as our Achilles heel. Our QB, Brown has a good throwing motion and average speed when he runs. However, for whatever reason, he can’t throw the long ball and is prone to fumble. Most of our running backs are injured and can’t play. How can you blame these issues on our coaches? We have some of the best coaches in the land. When we have some players back and still can’t win, take a look at coaching. Until then, please ease up and give them your support.

Over the past four years, our offense has basically been very limited. Now the players have changed but the OC has not. That kind of narrows it down. Brown can throw the ball down the field if the coach lets him. Very few people pour in more support for the Griz teams then me! I will always support them. I talk to parents of the players and I know what the players are saying.
Like AZ said, why do our WR's not get separation like these other teams? Simple because they know the offense is gauged to only 5 yds within the line of scrimmage. (OC) problem.

Roses needs to go.

I wasn’t impressed during his first stint here..

Checking his credentials.

/scratching head—what exactly is the problem?

freshman QB?, unimaginative play calling? I’m reminded of the 49ers/cardinals game last Sunday.

Back