• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kale Edwards in the Portal

It's not a bad place, reminds me a lot of Missoula, minus actual mountains and water that isn't mud.
Yeah, it is a similar town in size, and is a college town too like Missoula. I spend many days in Huntington in the early 1980s. There was a great restaurant in town named "Rebels and Redcoats", but I heard that it closed a few years ago. Did you ever eat there?

Yeah, it is a similar town in size, and is a college town too like Missoula. I spend many days in Huntington in the early 1980s. There was a great restaurant in town named "Rebels and Redcoats", but I heard that it closed a few years ago. Did you ever eat there?
No it's closed. Fat Patty's is going strong though. I refuse to set foot in the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe. Man, it's hard to get over the quasi-rivalry thing. Moss just opened one of his Crisppi restaurants in the downtown area last fall.

Honestly though? There is a lot of merch running around, but the game attendance is incredibly low unless JMU, Appy, or Coastal Carolina are in town. Joan C Edwards Stadium is garbage compared to Wa-Griz. Their tailgates are garbage. It's weird. WVU, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati, are great experiences, Ohio State is off the chain crazy.

Despite all of the different games I have gone to, tailgate -wise, TOSU is the best. Game experience, Montana. No joke. I am going to the Bama Georgia game this coming season.

No it's closed. Fat Patty's is going strong though. I refuse to set foot in the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe. Man, it's hard to get over the quasi-rivalry thing. Moss just opened one of his Crisppi restaurants in the downtown area last fall.

Honestly though? There is a lot of merch running around, but the game attendance is incredibly low unless JMU, Appy, or Coastal Carolina are in town. Joan C Edwards Stadium is garbage compared to Wa-Griz. Their tailgates are garbage. It's weird. WVU, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati, are great experiences, Ohio State is off the chain crazy.

Despite all of the different games I have gone to, tailgate -wise, TOSU is the best. Game experience, Montana. No joke. I am going to the Bama Georgia game this coming season.
Yeah, I attended the 1995 NC game in that stadium. It did suck big-time. Do you work for a Huntington company?

Had a good year, played for the CUSA championship...
Chose the winning-est team out of his offers.
Gets to play a game @Texas A&M
Got it turned around by one of the absolute best coaches in college football, Jerry Kill. Too bad his health was always a concern. Now coached by Tony Sanchez...didn't he take over for BH at UNLV? or was there one in between? I'm old and don't recall.

Got it turned around by one of the absolute best coaches in college football, Jerry Kill. Too bad his health was always a concern. Now coached by Tony Sanchez...didn't he take over for BH at UNLV? or was there one in between? I'm old and don't recall.
Your memory is just fine. Dec. 2014 - Nov. 2019.

I don't think this was a great decision but good luck to him. Las Cruces might be a bit of a culture shock for a boy from the Northwest.

So just playing them is the most important part? Having no chance of winning doesn't come into play at all?
My understanding is that he wanted good tape at the position he felt would get him drafted, as a traditional DE. We don't have that position, and this team would be his best option to put good tape out against quality opponents.

Most of the time, winning absolutely matters and I am totally with you. I understand why, in this case, he truly thinks his body is built for that NFL position and believes he can get drafted if he can get eyes on him.

I don't know him. That's just what I've heard from people who know more about it than I do.

My understanding is that he wanted good tape at the position he felt would get him drafted, as a traditional DE. We don't have that position, and this team would be his best option to put good tape out against quality opponents.

Most of the time, winning absolutely matters and I am totally with you. I understand why, in this case, he truly thinks his body is built for that NFL position and believes he can get drafted if he can get eyes on him.

I don't know him. That's just what I've heard from people who know more about it than I do.
I wasn't speaking about him specifically, just replying to oldngrizzly's comment about UM's schedule.

Make sure to add Batton Rouge to your future travel plans. A group of us from our Griz tailgate crew went to the Florida @ LSU game last November, they are the tailgate champions of the world.

Back