• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

FCS CHAMPIONSHIP: Game Day Thread Griz vs Rabbits

Bobcat69 said:
Unfortunately for the Grizz players, coaches, and fans SDSU is just far superior to this team. The JackRabbits played like đź’© and still kicked your asses!! Bobby Hauck and company got bullied when it counted and all UM players were left with were fake bravado and tears in the end. Another year for the liberal hippie town of Missoula to pout in your manure pits while wearing your crocs and banging sweaty, armpit hair filled, fat women!! Better luck next year Grizzzzz!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :D :D :D

Interesting take. Griz confused Gronowski which caused the INT and this D held SDSU scoreless in the 2nd and 4th quarters. It was the Griz O that could not crack the D. They had a great first drive as well as the first drive of the second half and then fumbles gave the Jacks short fields to work with. This D lived on the field throughout the playoffs and ran into a great team in the chipper. Nothing on the D to hang their head about. The O is another story.

Bobcat69 said:
Unfortunately for the Grizz players, coaches, and fans SDSU is just far superior to this team. The JackRabbits played like đź’© and still kicked your asses!! Bobby Hauck and company got bullied when it counted and all UM players were left with were fake bravado and tears in the end. Another year for the liberal hippie town of Missoula to pout in your manure pits while wearing your crocs and banging sweaty, armpit hair filled, fat women!! Better luck next year Grizzzzz!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :D :D :D

And just think, Griz beat your sorry ass team 37-7.

AZGrizFan said:
Bobcat69 said:

And just think, Griz beat your sorry ass team 37-7.

Plus the Griz represented the BSC well in the natty. Bobcats - not so much. They got trucked a few years back. It was actually embarrassing. Griz D this year was impressive. The team is really moving in the right direction. All signs point to great things next season. Unlike Bobs fans, I won’t proclaim the Griz as pre season national champs.

It was pretty obvious he got hurt after that play. Don't know why some people deny it... I agree that the griz win had that not happened. Changed the whole trajectory.
I don't know about win... but it would have been a much different game for sure.

Montana did a pretty good job moving the ball and getting into scoring position multiple times throughout the game. Very easily could have been 10-7 at halftime. However, I still think SDSU would have won in the end.

I don't know about win... but it would have been a much different game for sure.

Montana did a pretty good job moving the ball and getting into scoring position multiple times throughout the game. Very easily could have been 10-7 at halftime. However, I still think SDSU would have won in the end.
Agree. Great year for Griz. So much fun but the best team won it all.

It was pretty obvious he got hurt after that play. Don't know why some people deny it... I agree that the griz win had that not happened. Changed the whole trajectory.
Don’t know why he’s reminiscing in May about what could have been in January with his 4th team, after he moved on from his 5th team mid spring ball to bypassing his 6th team due to a potential NCAA infraction only to end up with his 7th team the next week.

I believe there is a lot of things that could have changed that game. A healthy Clifton could have, but so could have switching to Ah Yat earlier after realizing Clifton wasn’t going to be as dynamic. An extra a couple of inches by Eli on the opening drive, a few sustained drives by the offense to let the defense stand up to an offense full of NFL talent, not ending up with a giant of a TE against a secondary guy half his size on a crossing/drag pattern with no backend help and a missed PI call in the 3rd quarter, or a second more of ball control by Fontes to open that quarter. Unfortunately those things did or didn’t happen and the outcome was not the desired one.

Regardless of the circumstances Clifton chose to enter the portal. I would think his coach at McNeese would want him focusing on his new team from now until the end of the season, as opposed to regretful reminiscing on his ex gf so to speak.

Don’t know why he’s reminiscing in May about what could have been in January with his 4th team, after he moved on from his 5th team mid spring ball to bypassing his 6th team due to a potential NCAA infraction only to end up with his 7th team the next week.

I believe there is a lot of things that could have changed that game. A healthy Clifton could have, but so could have switching to Ah Yat earlier after realizing Clifton wasn’t going to be as dynamic. An extra a couple of inches by Eli on the opening drive, a few sustained drives by the offense to let the defense stand up to an offense full of NFL talent, not ending up with a giant of a TE against a secondary guy half his size on a crossing/drag pattern with no backend help and a missed PI call in the 3rd quarter, or a second more of ball control by Fontes to open that quarter. Unfortunately those things did or didn’t happen and the outcome was not the desired one.

Regardless of the circumstances Clifton chose to enter the portal. I would think his coach at McNeese would want him focusing on his new team from now until the end of the season, as opposed to regretful reminiscing on his ex gf so to speak.
A lot of great "what-ifs"...we'll never know. Knowing he was hurt speaks to the Ah Yat thing...was 100% of Ah Yat > 75% of Clif? It couldn't have hurt to give AY a series or two earlier, given that Clif was hurt on literally our first drive of the game...

A lot of great "what-ifs"...we'll never know. Knowing he was hurt speaks to the Ah Yat thing...was 100% of Ah Yat > 75% of Clif? It couldn't have hurt to give AY a series or two earlier, given that Clif was hurt on literally our first drive of the game...
I don't necessarily disagree, but to be honest, KAY was absolutely dismal in his one drive.

For McDowell to say this speaks volumes about who he is as a player and an individual. Thank you for showing your true colors. A lot of us were wondering, but after that tweet, now I know. These kids quote bible scriptures, God and team and yet there actions show otherwise. 2024 GRIZ, on to bigger and better. Go GRIZ!!!!

Interesting to me that Bobby would say, in the postgame, he was fine. Flat out asked about Cliff being hurt and he said he didn’t think anything was wrong.

Back