• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

With Southern Utah/NAU emergence, is Weber must win to make playoffs?

kemajic said:
GrizMusician said:
a 8-3 Griz team is definitely in. A 7-4 Griz team is less likely, but I still like their chances.
7-4 with wins over Valpo, Sav. St., PSU, ISU, UND, UND, & MSU? Not a quality win in the bunch. I personally don't think that team should be in the playoffs and I don't like their chances in spite of the $$$ advantage UM provides. A win over either Weber or NAU changes that. This team needs to continue to peak to be relevant and worthy of playoff consideration.

God I wish we could kick UND’s ass some more. UNOCOL & state Ag may not be any easier than Weebs or Fisty.

To beat Weber - Must win
To be 6-2 - Must win
To win a share of the Big Sky title - Must win

To make the playoffs - NOT a must win

fanofzoo said:
Is Weber a must win ?
Isn't every game from now a "must win" ?

I'm sorry am I missing something here, I thought you play the game to win !!!!!

Serious question...since we are playing "the if game"...if we would've held on and won against EWOO, by even a single point, are there still conversations about how this team isn't quite that good?
Let's look at some facts and questions for those that know:
Really had the EWU game won...lack of execution lost that
Did better against UW then some Pac-12 and MWC teams, or at least held our own
Defense seems to be improving, albeit, UND wasn't great offensively
Weebs does run similar stuff to UND, so is this a better matchup for the defense?
Offense is certainly better overall than the last 2 years, the concepts, execution, personnel. Is there no faith that the offense can carry this team? outscore teams?

I get that they "haven't played anyone yet". Not their fault that UND is more like Minot State this year because of injuries. Not their fault that had to throw something together because someone else wanted to better themselves and move up. Some on here want a D2 just for the win...some wanted whatever FCS team on the schedule.
Every week is a big week. I love that mentality, and I really think the kids are buying into it. I love that the recruits always have something good to say about the coaches. How about we just take the week off from being douche bags, agenda holders, name callers, people in the know, and armchair coaches and watch this team continue to develop into, what I feel will be something special the next 2 years plus.
Does the washington crap over the weekend put a damper on things...yes. But until there are a full amount of facts, everything is hearsay, speculation, and rumor. But holy crap, I can't wait for Saturday, just so I can watch my team in my movie room with projector TV! (I'd go, but my kids have soccer and basketball...uuuugh...why did I agree to coach my daughters soccer team again?).

GO GRIZ!!!

OUT, BUT ON THE BUBBLE ...
MONTANA (5-2)
THE STRAIGHT DOPE: The Griz have won five, but don't have a signature win. That could change this week, or next -- or better yet for the Griz, both weekends at Weber State and with Northern Arizona at home. Knock those two out and win the last two winnables vs. Northern Colorado and Montana State and we're talking about a potential seed. We'll see.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/brianmacwriter/status/923250323409588224[/tweet]

Sums it up pretty well.

AZDoc said:
Serious question...since we are playing "the if game"...if we would've held on and won against EWOO, by even a single point, are there still conversations about how this team isn't quite that good?
Let's look at some facts and questions for those that know:
Really had the EWU game won...lack of execution lost that
Did better against UW then some Pac-12 and MWC teams, or at least held our own
Defense seems to be improving, albeit, UND wasn't great offensively
Weebs does run similar stuff to UND, so is this a better matchup for the defense?
Offense is certainly better overall than the last 2 years, the concepts, execution, personnel. Is there no faith that the offense can carry this team? outscore teams?

I get that they "haven't played anyone yet". Not their fault that UND is more like Minot State this year because of injuries. Not their fault that had to throw something together because someone else wanted to better themselves and move up. Some on here want a D2 just for the win...some wanted whatever FCS team on the schedule.
Every week is a big week. I love that mentality, and I really think the kids are buying into it. I love that the recruits always have something good to say about the coaches. How about we just take the week off from being douche bags, agenda holders, name callers, people in the know, and armchair coaches and watch this team continue to develop into, what I feel will be something special the next 2 years plus.
Does the washington crap over the weekend put a damper on things...yes. But until there are a full amount of facts, everything is hearsay, speculation, and rumor. But holy crap, I can't wait for Saturday, just so I can watch my team in my movie room with projector TV! (I'd go, but my kids have soccer and basketball...uuuugh...why did I agree to coach my daughters soccer team again?).

GO GRIZ!!!
Agreed with all your post, Doc...but damn, that Washington shit really takes the wind out of a set of sails that was really starting to fill nicely. :? :? :( :(

Back