• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Williams confirmation is tomorrow: here's what you can do

BWahlberg said:
Just got off the phone with one of the senators on the committee, I've been invited over to give a statement. In fact - all petition signers have been invited to come give a statement, verbal or written. Who wants to come with me?

Brint - would love to join but these tax returns won't get done by themselves :?

will definitely fire off an email....

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Brint, You picking me up in Billings to go to Helena? Jk. I think all that can go must go and let them know PW was out of line as a Regent for the comments he made. Time and place for the meeting?

Its more than just his comments PW is part of the force behind gutting the vocational programs. We have a number of voc students in holding because they can't get their required psychology and writing courses. That's great but I need someone to fix my damn waver runner NOT be able to write about his feelings..... There are at least 12 small engine students in Missoula who have completed all their mecahnical courses and are waiting for such critical courses as writing psychology computer literacy etc. to graduate. The pisser is most of them the taxpayers are payinmg to be there )in addition to living expenses child care etc etc. through either Voc rehab, retraining programs etc. They could be out earning a living today but MUST complete their program or have to pay back their grants etc. Why the hell do they need a psychology course to change the shocks on a snowmobile????

PW is a driving force behind all of them completing an "associate degree"

Blgs Griz Fan said:
Brint, You picking me up in Billings to go to Helena? Jk. I think all that can go must go and let them know PW was out of line as a Regent for the comments he made. Time and place for the meeting?

3pm tomorrow, I think the room is 303 it was posted earlier

Tried to send the following message neither my email or e-griz would do it...Help

Please oppose the confirmation of Mr. Pat Williams to the Montana Board of Regents. Mr. Williams is a disgrace to all the members of the Board for the remarks he made and the timing of his remarks. It is the opinion of many (my self included) he does not respect the University System of Montana (which includes the many colleges and universities of this great STATE.

Clark Conrow

Message sent to the effect of "No one person should be able to dominate the BOR and putting someone of PW's stature on the board virtually assures that will happen and it doesn't matter whether you agree with what he says or when he says it. PW will be an extremely disruptive force in a group of relatively political lightweights (no offense intended to the other BOR members). Without even one other person with any where near Pat's prior experience to act as a balance, confirming him to the BOR would be a mistake."

Grisly Fan said:
Message sent to the effect of "No one person should be able to dominate the BOR and putting someone of PW's stature on the board virtually assures that will happen and it doesn't matter whether you agree with what he says or when he says it. PW will be an extremely disruptive force in a group of relatively political lightweights (no offense intended to the other BOR members). Without even one other person with any where near Pat's prior experience to act as a balance, confirming him to the BOR would be a mistake."

That's an incredibly astute observation.....

Thank You.

Thanks Brint. I sent the following to the committee:

Pat Williams attempted to influence the outcome of a criminal trial. He also used a broad brush to paint all football players as thugs. He may now claim that’s not what he was doing but that’s exactly the way it appeared. When he had an opportunity to clarify himself ... after the backlash to his statements became widespread, he merely repeated himself. This ... from a man who understands how to shape perceptions.

If Pat Williams was only concerned about the football program having gone in wrong directions, why didn’t he acknowledge to the national press all the changes the university had already made (personnel terminations, new disciplinary policies, general and athletic student sexual misconduct awareness , etc.)? As a regent representing the university system, that would have been the appropriate thing to do. One can only assume its football in general that truly disturbs him.

We all recognize the primary goal of the university system ... the higher education of our citizens. My fear is Pat Williams does not see the value that sports add to that goal (keeping alumni involved, student athletic scholarships, pride in your university, etc.).

Please do not confirm Pat Williams as a regent to the board.

Oh well...here was my message...

"Can any fair minded person respect someone who maligns those he's sworn to serve and protect?
Set partisanship aside. Reject Pat Williams appointment to the BOR."

Done. Thanks Brint for the well-written petition and for this timely heads-up. I have submitted that form in addition to my petition signature.

Do you really want some of us over there with you Brint? I mean really you are the advocate of most our feelings in this situation. If anything I guess I could drive or be the body guy... Cause nothing pisses me off more than little men making subtle threats.... Just sayin.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Back