• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why Has Egriz Attracted So Many Quitter Griz Fans?

HUGE difference between giving up and fed up.

BH is being out recruited and out coached on every level. I also know the family and like each and every one of them but I also think the current state of the game has passed him by....the portal and the NIL is definitely as much to blame as anything.

The problem is the UM from AD on down thinks kids should bend over and want to be a Griz because we have this awesome stadium........how the hell long can you play that card before kids don't care, they want to win, they want to be treated with respect and unfortunately they now a days want to be wined and dined or the show me the money attitude......it is unfortunate but I believe it to be true.

I was in full support of bringing Bobby back and was excited, then it didn't go where he promised, then the cat dibacle last year and a horribly lack luster offense this year.....his off-season changes were semi encouraging but it is all window dressing, you still have the same lack of ability coaches just with different titles.......the old saying...you can put lipstick on a pig.........etc

I am a diehard fan but I also spend a lot of money to encourage and cheer for these kids. I think other schools have better athletes, and their coaches put them in position to make plays and utilize their talents.....yes any given day upsets happen but the lack of offensive production has been an ongoing problem whether its injuries, favoritism or just plain lack of know how.....its pathetic. Defense gets abused because they are exhausted..........'FANS" we're promised or enticed with this RTD mantra and 1-2 against little brother....going on 1-3 sucks....no real deep runs in playoffs and losing games that should have been W's is not RTD.

I will be interested to see how the coaches and players bounce back this week but if the poor product that is out there continues its only going to get worse.............it may be time for a change and I think it starts with a new AD. ................ok feel free to attack because i'm not a "fan"...............I am a fan but I am a realist and not a suck up with Griz blinders on.

AZGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:
Most of these people are fair weather fans. Others, only followers. After a couple of wins, they will be bragging about the Griz again.

I'll brag about the Griz if they beat ISU, PSU and UNC, and take 2/4 from UCD, Idaho, Sac and MSU.

THEN I'll eat crow. A great big helping.

When they finish out 3-4 or 2-5 and miss the playoffs, will you?

I’m not the one predicting their doom. Why should I eat crow?

Spanky2 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'll brag about the Griz if they beat ISU, PSU and UNC, and take 2/4 from UCD, Idaho, Sac and MSU.

THEN I'll eat crow. A great big helping.

When they finish out 3-4 or 2-5 and miss the playoffs, will you?

No you're predicting that Saturday was the anomaly. So you're expecting success this year, no? And when that inevitably doesn't happen, will you acknowledge you were wrong? Again...

AZGrizFan said:
Spanky2 said:

No you're predicting that Saturday was the anomaly. So you're expecting success this year, no? And when that inevitably doesn't happen, will you acknowledge you were wrong? Again...
I believe we will have a good season. I don’t believe a bad loss to Northern Arizona means our opportunities for a winning season are over.

MTGRIZ12 said:
HUGE difference between giving up and fed up.

BH is being out recruited and out coached on every level. I also know the family and like each and every one of them but I also think the current state of the game has passed him by....the portal and the NIL is definitely as much to blame as anything.

The problem is the UM from AD on down thinks kids should bend over and want to be a Griz because we have this awesome stadium........how the hell long can you play that card before kids don't care, they want to win, they want to be treated with respect and unfortunately they now a days want to be wined and dined or the show me the money attitude......it is unfortunate but I believe it to be true.

I was in full support of bringing Bobby back and was excited, then it didn't go where he promised, then the cat dibacle last year and a horribly lack luster offense this year.....his off-season changes were semi encouraging but it is all window dressing, you still have the same lack of ability coaches just with different titles.......the old saying...you can put lipstick on a pig.........etc

I am a diehard fan but I also spend a lot of money to encourage and cheer for these kids. I think other schools have better athletes, and their coaches put them in position to make plays and utilize their talents.....yes any given day upsets happen but the lack of offensive production has been an ongoing problem whether its injuries, favoritism or just plain lack of know how.....its pathetic. Defense gets abused because they are exhausted..........'FANS" we're promised or enticed with this RTD mantra and 1-2 against little brother....going on 1-3 sucks....no real deep runs in playoffs and losing games that should have been W's is not RTD.

I will be interested to see how the coaches and players bounce back this week but if the poor product that is out there continues its only going to get worse.............it may be time for a change and I think it starts with a new AD. ................ok feel free to attack because i'm not a "fan"...............I am a fan but I am a realist and not a suck up with Griz blinders on.

...good post...I just can't write this good...btw hoops is a tool!

mthoopsfan said:
Oldschoolhornet said:
Regardless of what hoops wants people to think he doesn't have a personal friendship with Bobby. Bobby uses him for what he wants and that's the extent of the relationship. The minute Bobby is not the Griz HC the relationship with end unceremoniously. It's a running joke around the football office.

I knew Bobby 1, Bobby UNLV and Bobby 2. I know Bobby’s mom, Tim and Uncle Tom. My brother in law is one of Bobby’s best friends N and a big football supporter. I knew Bobby’s dad too. You are a liar.
Did Uncle Tom ever play the game?

mthoopsfan said:
GrizRealist said:
NAU was just the tipping point for a lot of people. People aren't complaining because of some new revelation. The poor product on the field has been an ongoing issue.

I think your personal friendship with BH is really clouding your judgement.

People are quitting because they are bad fans and don’t understand football or sport, in my view. NAU was 1 game. Griz are 3-1. Cats were lucky to beat NAU last season.

You think having more $$ means you know more about Football and are to blinded with your friendship with the coach to have a non biased view. Funny how anyone with a legitimate criticism is somehow a quitter, typical immature generalization to try and protect your buddy you're the worst kind of fan valuing friendship with a failing coach over the success of the program.

Butte5518 said:
mthoopsfan said:
I knew Bobby 1, Bobby UNLV and Bobby 2. I know Bobby’s mom, Tim and Uncle Tom. My brother in law is one of Bobby’s best friends N and a big football supporter. I knew Bobby’s dad too. You are a liar.
Yes, he did.

mthoopsfan said:
GrizRealist said:
NAU was just the tipping point for a lot of people. People aren't complaining because of some new revelation. The poor product on the field has been an ongoing issue.

I think your personal friendship with BH is really clouding your judgement.

People are quitting because they are bad fans and don’t understand football or sport, in my view. NAU was 1 game. Griz are 3-1. Cats were lucky to beat NAU last season.
Right but didn't you say we had a better oline than the cats? Better rb's, better Qb's, better defensive playes across the board? Which means we should have handled NAU easy?
You definitely confuse criticizing our incompetent coaching staff with quitting on the team.
I appreciate that you stand up for the kids no matter what. But when you double down on the most ridiculous things you say in the face of obviously being wrong it just makes you look silly.

mthoopsfan said:
“Fans” who have quit on the team so easily and quickly.

Cat fans must be getting a huge chuckle out of this. Even when the Griz were beating the Cats every year, I don’t remember Cat fans quitting on their team and coaches like this.

I have some theories, but will save them for later.

I don’t think I’m a “quitter” Griz fan. I still have season seats and I’m still going to the home games, but I don’t have to like it. The product on the field is substandard. The gameday experience is tired. Watching our offense is like watching the rust eat away Bobcat stadium. After continuous jacking up of ticket prices, serving the most inedible stadium food on earth and a team that appears to have zero chance of success this season AFTER 1 CONFERENCE GAME, we the Griz faithful have the right to bitch.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
“Fans” who have quit on the team so easily and quickly.

Cat fans must be getting a huge chuckle out of this. Even when the Griz were beating the Cats every year, I don’t remember Cat fans quitting on their team and coaches like this.

I have some theories, but will save them for later.

Easily and quickly? You new around here? This slide has been going on for a while...NAU was just the straw...

Bigger question is this: How does ANYONE justify what they saw on Saturday as some kind of anomaly, given how this team has underperformed for the past 2+ seasons?

I’m a die hard Griz fan. I will always root for the Griz. That doesn’t mean when the product is shite I can’t say it’s shite.

If you’re unable to be realistic and honest about where this team is at while also still being a fan you’re a problem. Blind optimism does nothing but set this program back. A true honest look at what’s going on and a course correction…with the advantages this program has could be a 1-2 year road bump instead

Spanky2 said:
AZGrizFan said:
I believe we will have a good season. I don’t believe a bad loss to Northern Arizona means our opportunities for a winning season are over.

Must have been watching a different last 4 games than me.

Skookum-Jim said:
mthoopsfan said:
Right but didn't you say we had a better oline than the cats? Better rb's, better Qb's, better defensive playes across the board? Which means we should have handled NAU easy?
You definitely confuse criticizing our incompetent coaching staff with quitting on the team.
I appreciate that you stand up for the kids no matter what. But when you double down on the most ridiculous things you say in the face of obviously being wrong it just makes you look silly.

PlayRep is a moron. He loves to spout off relationships he claims to have with Griz coaches and players. But the reality is I know a lot of former Griz athletes and they all laugh when I bring him up. They all know who he is and laugh at the ridiculousness of him.

I will give him one thing. He is a blind optimist and a die hard Griz fan. He will say ridiculous shit all in the name of Griz athletics. Love him or hate him there is something to be admired about that.

Realistic he is not. But he’s fun to talk shit with on egriz.

I think egriz like other social media is often mistaken as a snap shot of the bigger picture when it is really an amplification of the extremes.

Butte5518 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Tom is just an outstanding guy as was Bobby’s dad.

I watched from the first row above the team while the Griz WALKED into the Dome, I guess trying to look confident...they did the same thing against the cats and got their but kicked there too! It's a sure sign of overconfidence, arrogance, or lack of preparation. It set the tone for the beatdown. Whoever is responsible for this needs to be released. If you don't bring excitement about playing at the beginning you don't bring the will to win! It also showed up on the sidelines the whole game with the whole team not fired up all game! Just spectators! Not the usual look for the team! Hopefully the walk in is a thing of the past!

mthoopsfan said:

Thus why you’re entirely unable to have an unbiased opinion of the current state of the program.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Skookum-Jim said:

PlayRep is a moron. He loves to spout off relationships he claims to have with Griz coaches and players. But the reality is I know a lot of former Griz athletes and they all laugh when I bring him up. They all know who he is and laugh at the ridiculousness of him.

I will give him one thing. He is a blind optimist and a die hard Griz fan. He will say ridiculous poop all in the name of Griz athletics. Love him or hate him there is something to be admired about that.

Realistic he is not. But he’s fun to talk poop with on egriz.

You are a liar.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:

Thus why you’re entirely unable to have an unbiased opinion of the current state of the program.

You know nothing about football and are bad fan.

Back