• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

When did the Missoulian

The_Real_Chief said:
The Missoulian is garbage just pure 100% hot garbage
I disagree. The Missoulan has many good, insightful articles. For its limited budget, it's a damned good newspaper. The photography is unmatched.

Raider said:
Grizzoola said:
Raider said:
I know you were a frequent Missoulian comment poster, so not surprisingly, you missed the point “David2”. Posting your personal opinion is one thing. Posting blatantly false and derogatory information about a local business owner is completely different. How would you like some anonymous person posting information on the Missoulian comment section, using your full name and business, calling you a drunk and a wife beater? Especially when it’s completely fabricated. Would it be “oh, so what” then?
Flattered, perhaps concerned, Raider that you follow me so closely. Why couldn't you and your guy's friends respond to the erroneous comment? It's a forum, free speech. Idiodic comments are soon spotted by regular readers of these comments, and for the most part, ignored. That's what a public forum is all about. I'm finally getting a thick skin after several years of "abuse" on eGriz. :eek:
For a long time, you posted on e-griz and the Missoulian using the same “David2” moniker, with the same type of idiotic ramblings. It really wasn’t too hard to follow, so you need not be flattered or concerned.

And again, you completely missed the point. Responding to the comments is not the point. It’s the fact they were allowed in the first place. But I don’t know why I would be surprised here. If you justify coward garbage like that with “free speech”, then it tells me all I need to know about you.
My, my! Such vitriol. But, I do see your point: you want control of what people can or cannot post. Ok, fair enough. Pleas for civil discussion take for some, not others. Too bad your tender sensibilities are so easily offended. I also sense (to your point) you'd like me to stop posting. You want control of what people can and cannot say. That's your personal censorship, not good in a free and inquiring society.

Actually, I'm surprised that you need to know anything about me. A bit scary. :?

EverettGriz said:
kyle_sample said:
There is an easy alternative to this: read Missoula Current and Skyline Sports. Minus high school sports coverage (which is something we'd eventually like to add) and education reporting (which I'm sure the Current would like to add if it could support it) these two combined sites do everything the Missoulian does, but better, for a fraction of the cost

I was under the impression that posts soliciting a commercial venture were a violation of the eGriz terms of use.

:cool: ;)

Given that the commercial names Schick-Scha... (cough)Ursa(cough) and Costco, always Cos... seem to make nearly weekly mentions here, I hope we don't judge the young man too harshly.

Speaking of commercial ventures, my hope is that bastard Idaho potato farmer comes through with the peach vodka this spring. Replaced my old wine fridge today and have space cleared & ready. WTF am I kidding, I'll never see a drop of that stuff. #failingUMdeathspiral. # sad

I agree with the Missoulian's decision. Raider provides a good example of why most online news websites are going this direction or are taking away anonymity of posters.

Grizzoola said:
My, my! Such vitriol. But, I do see your point: you want control of what people can or cannot post. Ok, fair enough. Pleas for civil discussion take for some, not others. Too bad your tender sensibilities are so easily offended. I also sense (to your point) you'd like me to stop posting. You want control of what people can and cannot say. That's your personal censorship, not good in a free and inquiring society.

Actually, I'm surprised that you need to know anything about me. A bit scary. :?

Are you really that dense? I know, I know, stupid question.

AllWeatherFan said:
Removing reader comments was the right thing to do. People can write letters to the editor.

Like anyone these days can string together anything longer than a text which comes out semiliterate.

Well...except that one guy.

bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:
kyle_sample said:
There is an easy alternative to this: read Missoula Current and Skyline Sports. Minus high school sports coverage (which is something we'd eventually like to add) and education reporting (which I'm sure the Current would like to add if it could support it) these two combined sites do everything the Missoulian does, but better, for a fraction of the cost

I was under the impression that posts soliciting a commercial venture were a violation of the eGriz terms of use.

Given that the commercial names Schick-Scha... (cough)Ursa(cough) and Costco, always Cos... seem to make nearly weekly mentions here, I hope we don't judge the young man too harshly.

Speaking of commercial ventures, my hope is that bastard Idaho potato farmer comes through with the peach vodka this spring. Replaced my old wine fridge today and have space cleared & ready. WTF am I kidding, I'll never see a drop of that stuff. #failingUMdeathspiral. # sad

Don't you worry your pretty little head, Bigdog! Urals Brand Peach Vodka is at 100% capacity and the product will be majestic! Just today, I instructed my Russian Mail-Order Bride to purchase Alberta peach trees from Costco (always). As the former spokesman of Paul Mason used to say, we will sell no wine before it's time. Ironically, we were going to hire Mr. Welles as our company spokesman until tonight when I read on Wikipedia that he died in 1985.

Frankly, I'm astounded by this nit picking from you, especially while a nation mourns the death of a man that taught us that Austrians have no sense of music and the love of bobsledding and bobsledding equipment.

Picture64.png

Ursa Major said:
bgbigdog said:
EverettGriz said:
kyle_sample said:

Don't you worry your pretty little head, Bigdog! Urals Brand Peach Vodka is at 100% capacity and the product will be majestic! Just today, I instructed my Russian Mail-Order Bride to purchase Alberta peach trees from Costco (always). As the former spokesman of Paul Mason used to say, we will sell no wine before it's time. Ironically, we were going to hire Mr. Welles as our company spokesman until tonight when I read on Wikipedia that he died in 1985.

Frankly, I'm astounded by this nit picking from you, especially while a nation mourns the death of a man that taught us that Austrians have no sense of music and the love of bobsledding and bobsledding equipment.

Picture64.png

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Браво мой друг. Позвольте мне поделиться любимой русской пословицей с вами из моего времени на ступеньках. Грудь в зубах стоит два в свитере.

:coffee:

Letters to the editor are great for all the reasons mentioned, but you are allowed only one shot, and when someone responded with a comment I wanted to rebut, well, the letters to the editor section is not a place for debate. I have written several letters to the editor over the years, but have never posted anonymously online, let alone make libelous accusations.

TxGriz said:
Letters to the editor are great for all the reasons mentioned, but you are allowed only one shot, and when someone responded with a comment I wanted to rebut, well, the letters to the editor section is not a place for debate. I have written several letters to the editor over the years, but have never posted anonymously online, let alone make libelous accusations.

Bingo.

Grizzoola said:
Raider said:
Grizzoola said:
Raider said:
I know you were a frequent Missoulian comment poster, so not surprisingly, you missed the point “David2”. Posting your personal opinion is one thing. Posting blatantly false and derogatory information about a local business owner is completely different. How would you like some anonymous person posting information on the Missoulian comment section, using your full name and business, calling you a drunk and a wife beater? Especially when it’s completely fabricated. Would it be “oh, so what” then?
Flattered, perhaps concerned, Raider that you follow me so closely. Why couldn't you and your guy's friends respond to the erroneous comment? It's a forum, free speech. Idiodic comments are soon spotted by regular readers of these comments, and for the most part, ignored. That's what a public forum is all about. I'm finally getting a thick skin after several years of "abuse" on eGriz. :eek:
For a long time, you posted on e-griz and the Missoulian using the same “David2” moniker, with the same type of idiotic ramblings. It really wasn’t too hard to follow, so you need not be flattered or concerned.

And again, you completely missed the point. Responding to the comments is not the point. It’s the fact they were allowed in the first place. But I don’t know why I would be surprised here. If you justify coward garbage like that with “free speech”, then it tells me all I need to know about you.

Wow. Let me get this straight.

Slandering an innocent person with a slew of horrid accusations is ok because it’s done on an anonymous comment board? WTF!? And me saying I think that is wrong is “personal censorship”? Holy shit man, you have got to be kidding me.....

…..and just to be clear, AGAIN. I don’t “need to know anything about you”. I could give two shits who you are, or how often you post. Knock yourself out. None of my concern. All I was saying (which your most recent post confirms) is that your stance on this says allot about you as a person. Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend.

Back