• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What's Up?

SoldierGriz

DONOR
The world is aflame...been busy.

I'm back. Spent quality of time squeezing the wife and hugging the kids.

Proud of the Griz...hell of a season...what's up? We got a QB going into this season or what?

Thanks to those who checked in to make sure I was still fogging the mirror...appreciate you.

'...fogging the mirror...'
I like that. 👍
QBs Ah Yah and Huot are 1 & 2, or 2 & 1. Portal McDowell possibly tried to come back, but a couple hundred sixteen penny nails kept the door/frame tight. Pretty much everybody stayed on for some 'unfinished business' in Frisco.
Next time the world is aflame during football season, tell 'em to get someone else to piss on the hot spots.

Proud of the Griz...hell of a season...what's up? We got a QB going into this season or what?

Thanks to those who checked in to make sure I was still fogging the mirror...appreciate you.
Glad to have you back! Also glad you spent some time squeezing the only people that really matter. Missed having you and have wondered.

I am hopeful on the QBs. Ah Yat has all the potential everyone has seen. Fife has really great stuff on tape, and we have Dak Prescott's old QB coach teaching him, and Pease too, who has worked with some really solid QBs. That seems pretty good. Hopefully with some time in the system that comes to fruition. He did just get here. Huot looked really good. I was really pleasantly surprised in the spring game.

And, hey, welcome home!

Welcome Home! Thank you for your service my man. QB is going to be tight. My gut tells me Ah Yat but I think 3 are capable. Will be interesting competition.

I saw AY get a few reps last season - Seems like he did well. I guess I'm hoping he takes the job and sticks for a few years. I think some stability at the position is important to take the next step.

I'm sure there are threads on the topic, but what's the consensus on D-line potential this year?

3-3-5 still the planned base D?

I saw AY get a few reps last season - Seems like he did well. I guess I'm hoping he takes the job and sticks for a few years. I think some stability at the position is important to take the next step.

I'm sure there are threads on the topic, but what's the consensus on D-line potential this year?

3-3-5 still the planned base D?
Yes, but the fronts are getting more creative. The younger Linehan had some good experience with the defense at San Diego State, and adding Tim Hauck, seems to have added some wrinkles. There are times we will be running what is essentially a four man front with still a lot of deception in the blitz play.

I don't know how much consensus there is on the d-line. Losing Edwards was a downer. Hayden provides hope at not having TOO big of a drop off after Gubner graduated. Harris is someone I think will have a really big year for us, and I know we have brought guys in that I don't know enough about. LOT of people seem to say Kaschmitter has a ton of potential.

Obviously I don't know you personally, but would like to thank you for your service and all that you guys do to protect us and our freedoms. Since last year I've been following a man named Shawn Ryan on social media and all his discussions with former soldiers of all branches and it really opened my eyes to all the crap we don't really see or know of as civilians. And all the things you guys go through is truly amazing and I'm thankful.
Sorry I don't mean to babble on, but I am very thankful for what you do as a soldier. As for as the QBs, I honestly don't think there's anything to worry about. Having Coach Pease run the offense is by far the best thing for this team and he will have a QB ready. The starting receivers group looks great and I'm just hoping Junior is healed up and ready to go. The biggest concern we have on offense is probably the center position. Everything starts with him, his knowledge and being able to direct the rest of the o line, to make all the right calls and checks on the line will be crucial since we lost AJ who was a 3 year starter. We have some o lineman with some center experience, but they have a hard time getting a good consistent snap back to the QB. If our offensive line can get straightened away then everything else will fall on to place and we will probably see a more overall explosive offense. I honestly see is passing 60-70% run 30-40%. It won't be like last year where it's 50/50. This is just my take on things, but what do I know, I'm just an old man who loves GRIZ football and can't wait for the season to start. Go GRIZ!!!

Thanks for your service

Thanks for your service
My son, a former Army Ranger and head of a small sniper unit, who deployed to Iraq twice, got a Purple Heart for 4 inches of shrapnel in his first trip, and did joint missions with Chris Kyle in Fallujah thinks that thanks for your service is lame. Just one guy’s view. I sort of like it.

Thanks for your service
Thanks.

Truth is the vast majority of Servicemembers don't know how to react to this sentiment. I've served in excess of 30 years and it is still cumbersome to me.

Some are grateful for the sentiment. Some think it is misplaced. Others think it is "lame."

I've always just tried to see the best in people being sincere...and I just try to smile and say thank you.

Those who serve don't ask for and certainly don't expect anything special. We are an All Volunteer force...people owe us nothing.

So, whether lame or not...just do what is in your heart. Life is easier when you're a kind human.

Third battalion, 25th infantry. An loc, Phu Bai, Dak To, Ah Shau Valley. I did no service for my country and was just a scared 19 year old kid. Don't need to be reminded of it all.

Thanks.

Truth is the vast majority of Servicemembers don't know how to react to this sentiment. I've served in excess of 30 years and it is still cumbersome to me.

Some are grateful for the sentiment. Some think it is misplaced. Others think it is "lame."

I've always just tried to see the best in people being sincere...and I just try to smile and say thank you.

Those who serve don't ask for and certainly don't expect anything special. We are an All Volunteer force...people owe us nothing.

So, whether lame or not...just do what is in your heart. Life is easier when you're a kind human.
As cumbersome as that statement is to receive, it is more awkward to give, because it is totally insufficient to express our real thanks. It's like the "Sorry for your loss" when a loved one has passed.

Thanks.

You may not ask for or expect anything special but you certainly deserve it. Yes, you may have volunteered but you volunteered for something that the vast majority of Americans are afraid to do. For that, you deserve much more than most anyone can offer, especially a simple statement of gratitude.

The one I’ve always wondered about is how do servicemen feel about a salute from a civilian? What if it’s a very proper crisp salute😊?

You may not ask for or expect anything special but you certainly deserve it. Yes, you may have volunteered but you volunteered for something that the vast majority of Americans are afraid to do. For that, you deserve much more than most anyone can offer, especially a simple statement of gratitude.

The one I’ve always wondered about is how do servicemen feel about a salute from a civilian? What if it’s a very proper crisp salute😊?
If this is in your wheelhouse - I recommend an informal "tip of the cap" vs an attempt at a salute.

Recruits spend a good bit of time learning to do it without earning the wrath of their First Sergeant. I wouldn't risk it. 😃

If this is in your wheelhouse - I recommend an informal "tip of the cap" vs an attempt at a salute.

Recruits spend a good bit of time learning to do it without earning the wrath of their First Sergeant. I wouldn't risk it. 😃
A tip of the cap is definitely in my wheelhouse and I appreciate the advice. For what it’s worth though I think I do give a pretty proper salute but that’s because I was trained by military professionals at a state run correctional boot camp with a prison sentence hanging over my head😂.

Only for the Air Force guys…they like that stuff…the other services may not respond as kindly.
Easy on the Air Force..or as all my former Army and Navy buddies referred to as "Chair Force." But to be honest I spent 4 years and never was really in harms way or close to it. And so I am kinda uncomfortable being lumped together with combat vets when people throw the "thank you for your service." Two completely different experiences.

Back