• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What has happened?

Long before RE showed up, UM went on an unsustainable building/bonding binge. Demographic long term planning ignored in favor of shorter term. State funding failed to maintain adequate money flow to support infrastructure. The good old days mortgaged the future ignoring trend lines that indicated lower student numbers and supported programs that were not productive.

Pedestrian thinking, all around. The Idiocracy happened. Liberal arts institutions, the flagships of civilization, are currently in decline … look at all the rabid dogs spraying foam in every direction after the triviality of a football loss, of all things, to see the kind of low lifes who currently feel empowered by the degraded culture we live in. The idea of fandom or fanhood is degraded into a simple minded parody of itself, like everything else, including, especially and emblematically, the presidency. However, with the millennials, the tide is turning. The University will come back strong; football will not. The decline is permanent and should be accelerated. The Champion’s Center will become an art gallery or something worthwhile, and the football field will host different games, as the new era begins.

Fat Bruno said:
Pedestrian thinking, all around. The Idiocracy happened. Liberal arts institutions, the flagships of civilization, are currently in decline … look at all the rabid dogs spraying foam in every direction after the triviality of a football loss, of all things, to see the kind of low lifes who currently feel empowered by the degraded culture we live in. The idea of fandom or fanhood is degraded into a simple minded parody of itself, like everything else, including, especially and emblematically, the presidency. However, with the millennials, the tide is turning. The University will come back strong; football will not. The decline is permanent and should be accelerated. The Champion’s Center will become an art gallery or something worthwhile, and the football field will host different games, as the new era begins.
There you have it. Curious as to what sustains your vision.

RobGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
kemajic said:
RABIDAWG said:
Yeah, milque toast Engstrom came in and some Griz thuggery was giving the place a bad rap. Then our Q-back forgot to call a gal after getting laid, she calls it rape, we become “Rape U” by the media, AD & Coach fired, all sorts of legal & NCAA crap comes down, enrollment drops, football program is dispirited, fighting through adversity since. Gotta still give hardworking players cred for staying the course. It’s a different world now.
Doesn't have to be. Look what's happening at SUU.

You think SUUs coach would come to Montana lol
Don’t believe that that was even implied.

No I was honestly asking. Because I would take him lol.

RobGriz said:
Griz til I die said:
What has happened to our great university? Enrollment is at an all time low, we are in a budget crisis, football is becoming mediocre. What happened? What caused all of this? What will it take to make UM great again? Can Bodnar turn this place around quickly? I get sick to my stomach thinking about how much success MSU is having. Every time I’m there, they’re building a new building, there enrollment keeps climbing, and for 2 years in a row, that trophy is gonna remain in Bozeman. What do we have to do to get to where MSU is now from a school standpoint and turn our football program around? Suggestions?
Royce happened

That and a rape scandal, combined with a continuing decline in interest of the programs UM specializes in.

Griz til I die said:
What has happened to our great university? Enrollment is at an all time low, we are in a budget crisis, football is becoming mediocre. What happened? What caused all of this? What will it take to make UM great again? Can Bodnar turn this place around quickly? I get sick to my stomach thinking about how much success MSU is having. Every time I’m there, they’re building a new building, there enrollment keeps climbing, and for 2 years in a row, that trophy is gonna remain in Bozeman. What do we have to do to get to where MSU is now from a school standpoint and turn our football program around? Suggestions?

Democrats..... that's what happened, liberals. :lol:

IdahoGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:

I was going to say "ask Hillary" she wrote a book on it , but then I decided maybe I shouldn't be such an asshole today :thumb:

IdahoGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:

Missoula was still pretty liberal while Hauck was here too.

Back