• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What happened to Oregon St?

MtTarheel said:
I think they have a solid young nucleus Thompson and Eubanks played real well all things considered, McLaughlin had his moments as a frosh. The JUCO kids they brought in were a major disappointment, one leaving the team mid season. I felt like Wayne struggled recruiting the jc ranks while at um as well, outside of aj obviously.

Getting Tres back, adding the younger Thompson who will certainly be an instant impact player coupled with the development of the previously mentioned guys gets them back to competing for a middle of the pac 12 spot in my opinion. But they need significantly more help to be truly competitive in that conference.

+1

This. And people keep talking about how amazing Tres and the Thompson brothers are. Until the names of the star players start to stop matching that of the coaching staff (or former superstar alumni), that fix will be temporary at best. I'm rooting for Wayne, but he has a massive uphill battle for himself. Look at their record, to whom they lost, and the way they lost many of those games. OSU is not 1, 2, or even 3 players ways from being a legit contender in the PAC12.

For all their problems, the Beavs are giving Cal a tussle ... down by only 4 points with just under 4 min to play.

This thread has wandered further off track than somebody driving from Zootown to Lolo winding up in Ekalaka...

This probably won't help things:

Jesse Sowa
@JesseSowaGT
Oregon State men's basketball player Kendal Manuel was arrested on fourth-degree assault Thursday in Corvallis and posted bail.

This probably will:

Tinkle picked up a big time recruit yesterday. 4* SF Alfred Hollins, the #28 ranked player in the class of '17 according to Scout.com.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2699359-4-star-sf-alfred-hollins-commits-to-oregon-state-beavers

Back