• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Vika Fa’atuiese - Article

rocklobster said:
PR, you've pointed out when you're right. A well stated lawyer's argument. Now point out out when you've been wrong! Do you have any of those posts? I agree with you 78% of the time, btw!

So, the other 22% of the time you are wrong, an idiot, and don't know what you are talking about ? :lol: :thumb: Sorry, could not resist. :thumb:

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Germer is apparently a very good coach. Nicholson is said to be good too.

Can you please cite the posts on which these opinions/assumptions/assertions are based? Thank you.

1. Re: 2017 Starting QB
Post by PlayerRep » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:55 am
Phillips.

2. Re: Tell Me This
Post by PlayerRep » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:54 pm
BubbleScreenBob1 wrote:I want to see Jensen run this team. They guy is 6'2 215lbs and has played in a system just like Stitts when he was in HS.
My prediction is that Phillips will be the QB next year.
3. Re: Who's your pick for QB?
Post by PlayerRep » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:49 pm
I am going with Phillips. Has a great arm, in terms of throwing the ball. Seems fairly or even very accurate. Strong arm. Can throw to the sideline and down field. Head and knowledge of the offense. Don't know. Guessing he might have been more of a factor last year had he been good and up to speed in those areas. Older. More likely not to be intimidated at UW. All 3 of the qb's seems at least fairly mobile to me.
4. July 5, 2017
Despite the picks in the last scrimmage, I think Phillips is the guy will start and who needs to develop into a strong qb. He has a great arm. He is mobile.

5. April 6. 2017
Phillips seems to have the strongest arm.

6. March 30, 2017
Phillips is the best at throwing the ball into a bucket, actually a net, 35 or 40 yards, uncontested.

7. Re: Bob Stitt pre-spring camp press conference
Post by PlayerRep » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:34 am
If the o-line may be 4 seniors and presumably Sprunk, what happened to all the hotshot young o-lineman who are touted frequently on this board? Is there really going to be great improvement?

8. April 6, 2017
My guess is that this is now Stitt's team, and the changes and transition, including all the departures and transfers, has now pretty much worked its way through, and hopefully there will be less disruptions. Stitt seems to be spending considerable time on the non-football stuff, like motivation and fighting through adversity, in line with what he has indicated in the press. Hard to tell with such limited data, but things feel good.

9. 7/17 -Said positive things about the progress of the o-line, and possibly starting 4 seniors there.

10. 7/17 - I have never felt the o-line was as bad as some of you, but it would be nice for the o-line to advance several notches.

11. 4/30/17 I suppose you are going to tell PlayerDad that he doesn't know what he's talking about with the o-line. Ha.

12. 3/17 - While the o-line was certainly not like the days of Quinn, Russum, Horn, Dow, Dyk, etc, it was in the ballpark last year and provided decent protection.

13. Sources: Stitt, assistant coaches, players, parents. Ha.

Got to meet my wife for dinner. With Payton combining all the Stitt threads into one, it’s harder to find some of the Stitt-related stuff.
Not once during your arrogance check did the thought "my life sucks" come across your mind that you continued on to research 13 of your previous quotes?

Really, not once...???

Igotgoodsources said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Can you please cite the posts on which these opinions/assumptions/assertions are based? Thank you.

Phillips.

BubbleScreenBob1 wrote:I want to see Jensen run this team. They guy is 6'2 215lbs and has played in a system just like Stitts when he was in HS.
I am going with Phillips. Has a great arm, in terms of throwing the ball. Seems fairly or even very accurate. Strong arm. Can throw to the sideline and down field. Head and knowledge of the offense. Don't know. Guessing he might have been more of a factor last year had he been good and up to speed in those areas. Older. More likely not to be intimidated at UW. All 3 of the qb's seems at least fairly mobile to me.
4. July 5, 2017
Despite the picks in the last scrimmage, I think Phillips is the guy will start and who needs to develop into a strong qb. He has a great arm. He is mobile.

5. April 6. 2017

6. March 30, 2017
Phillips is the best at throwing the ball into a bucket, actually a net, 35 or 40 yards, uncontested.

If the o-line may be 4 seniors and presumably Sprunk, what happened to all the hotshot young o-lineman who are touted frequently on this board? Is there really going to be great improvement?

8. April 6, 2017
My guess is that this is now Stitt's team, and the changes and transition, including all the departures and transfers, has now pretty much worked its way through, and hopefully there will be less disruptions. Stitt seems to be spending considerable time on the non-football stuff, like motivation and fighting through adversity, in line with what he has indicated in the press. Hard to tell with such limited data, but things feel good.

9. 7/17 -Said positive things about the progress of the o-line, and possibly starting 4 seniors there.

10. 7/17 - I have never felt the o-line was as bad as some of you, but it would be nice for the o-line to advance several notches.

11. 4/30/17 I suppose you are going to tell PlayerDad that he doesn't know what he's talking about with the o-line. Ha.

12. 3/17 - While the o-line was certainly not like the days of Quinn, Russum, Horn, Dow, Dyk, etc, it was in the ballpark last year and provided decent protection.

Got to meet my wife for dinner. With Payton combining all the Stitt threads into one, it’s harder to find some of the Stitt-related stuff.
Not once during your arrogance check did the thought "my life sucks" come across your mind that you continued on to research 13 of your previous quotes?

Really, not once...???
You're username is barely relevant now my friend.

You may have good sources, but PR has the best sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtgrizrule said:
rocklobster said:
PR, you've pointed out when you're right. A well stated lawyer's argument. Now point out out when you've been wrong! Do you have any of those posts? I agree with you 78% of the time, btw!

So, the other 22% of the time you are wrong, an idiot, and don't know what you are talking about ? :lol: :thumb: Sorry, could not resist. :thumb:

Basically, yes! Well done on the math, btw! Most who post here wouldn't have known that!

brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
If there IS a quote somewhere, then perhaps the quote could be found. Otherwise, I am not going to rely on that post. I like to see the support/backup. Either someone can find it, or I will look for it. On the other hand, and for example, when a poster makes an excuse for the Griz/Stitt that Delaney left the cupboard bare for o-lineman (and that's why the team has struggled at times), and it turns out that now (3 season later), the Griz are starting 4 o-lineman recruited before Stitt arrived, it makes wonder whether the cupboard was in fact bare. 3 seasons seems like a long time to not to have recruited a drop down, JC transfer or frosh who was capable of beating out a bunch of "lousy" players left over from the Delaney era. Or, more likely, the holdover players are actually pretty good players.

"Senior Connor Strahm, who Fa'atuiese played in place of, said before the Spring Game that he expects the sophomore to be the best Griz "Mike" since Brock Coyle." That wasn't very hard. Why are some posters so lazy.
I'm guessing that most posters just don't care that you prefer to see backup.

Kinda your problem, not everyone else's.

That's why I don't rely on what many posters say or post. I know they don't have backup and haven't done their homework. I think it's odd that posters and people don't want backup/support. No wonder most of them don't get very far in life, or say such dumb things on griz football. I was raised and taught to strive to be accurate and excellent. And to work hard. That was almost always the goal. School, sports, work, life. Even on message boards, although the standard is much lower. That's why many viewers on egriz say that they like my stuff because they can rely on it. For example, I said last spring, summer and this fall that Phillips would be the starter. I said the o-line was improving and that seniors looked like they would be starters. I said the team had a better chance of being good, than many thought. I said Strahm would have a game suspension of more than one and less than 3. More than my opinion was behind these things. I did some homework. Sometimes I merely hint, but many know that there is often backup for my hints.

Brew, I don't rely on what you post, and I doubt that many people do.
In what world does the reliability of information on a football message board actually mean something?

If validating every post on egriz is something you're truly invested in, then I'd go ahead and get used to continuing to do your research yourself.

Or maybe hire an assistant. I'd love to see that job description on indeed.com

Most people come to message boards like this for reliable information, as well as some discussion, humor, etc. Who comes to egriz to see information about the team that was just made up by some joker? Do you?

Personally, I like info and analysis on the program from posters like Brint, George Ferguson, Kyle Sample, Colter, GrizRule, 24, GrizDad, some of the other posters who are parents or relatives, 75, 1976, AZGriz (stats), Alabama, Kem (in more recent times especially), Titleist, Ordigger (sometimes), Ray, BDizzle, Native, Eriul, Hammer, CDA, ProudGriz, Intuitive, grizpack, mondayamqb, tccgriz, Rob, Spanky/silvertip/TNT (guys I have come to like over time), a few Cat posters, a number of occasional posters who, to me, have names too similar to others for me to recall that accurately off the top of my head, various other occasional posters, and I'm sure others I just forgot. And I like scores of other posters.

It's BDizzle. But maybe i can get Chris to change it to BDiddle, boy he played on a fiddle.

#fakenews

PlayerRep said:
brewskis said:
PlayerRep said:
brewskis said:
I'm guessing that most posters just don't care that you prefer to see backup.

Kinda your problem, not everyone else's.

That's why I don't rely on what many posters say or post. I know they don't have backup and haven't done their homework. I think it's odd that posters and people don't want backup/support. No wonder most of them don't get very far in life, or say such dumb things on griz football. I was raised and taught to strive to be accurate and excellent. And to work hard. That was almost always the goal. School, sports, work, life. Even on message boards, although the standard is much lower. That's why many viewers on egriz say that they like my stuff because they can rely on it. For example, I said last spring, summer and this fall that Phillips would be the starter. I said the o-line was improving and that seniors looked like they would be starters. I said the team had a better chance of being good, than many thought. I said Strahm would have a game suspension of more than one and less than 3. More than my opinion was behind these things. I did some homework. Sometimes I merely hint, but many know that there is often backup for my hints.

Brew, I don't rely on what you post, and I doubt that many people do.
In what world does the reliability of information on a football message board actually mean something?

If validating every post on egriz is something you're truly invested in, then I'd go ahead and get used to continuing to do your research yourself.

Or maybe hire an assistant. I'd love to see that job description on indeed.com

Most people come to message boards like this for reliable information, as well as some discussion, humor, etc. Who comes to egriz to see information about the team that was just made up by some joker? Do you?

Personally, I like info and analysis on the program from posters like Brint, George Ferguson, Kyle Sample, Colter, GrizRule, 24, GrizDad, some of the other posters who are parents or relatives, 75, 1976, AZGriz (stats), Alabama, Kem (in more recent times especially), Titleist, Ordigger (sometimes), Ray, BDizzle, Native, Eriul, Hammer, CDA, ProudGriz, Intuitive, grizpack, mondayamqb, tccgriz, Spanky/silvertip/TNT (guys I have come to like over time), a few Cat posters, a number of occasional posters who, to me, have names too similar to others for me to recall that accurately off the top of my head, various other occasional posters, and I'm sure others I just forgot. And I like scores of other posters.

I too like the majority of these posters, and would include that not only PlayerRep (who's info is great) but banned posters like 75 and Growler at times added some actual football discussion. The latter two got obsessed with it at times, but they did add some value at times to the discussion.

I do not always agree, but it is refreshing to see what others opinions are. I freely admit I never played the game, and my knowledge is simply as a fan. Was interesting, recently, to read a very good thread about the X's & O's off Stitt's offense - there were some very well cited posts in that thread.

What I do not prefer are about 8-10 trolls, that simply try to hard to be funny with almost all their posts, or they simply post to troll for a response. Understandable more so with fans from other fan bases, but dumb IMO with our fans. I must admit at times we all, including myself, are guilty of trolling behavior - but I am speaking of those who live for it.

I have suggested to mods several times that Growler be given his own thread. He could post only there. People could go in that thread, to watch or engage, or not. Apparently, there are some technical impediments to setting up that type of thread. My thought is that the thread would still need oversight, i.e. Growler would not have total free reign, but the thread would be a bit more open than the rest of the board.

PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Phillips.

4. July 5, 2017

5. April 6. 2017

6. March 30, 2017

8. April 6, 2017

Don't see any reference to Germer's or Nicholson's coaching ability in any of these quotes. Wasn't that the question?

Mousegriz said:
PlayerRep said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Phillips.

4. July 5, 2017

5. April 6. 2017

6. March 30, 2017

8. April 6, 2017

Don't see any reference to Germer's or Nicholson's coaching ability in any of these quotes. Wasn't that the question?

No, I didn't think that was the topic, but see below anyway.

Re: The 2016 O-line is bigger, stronger, and more experienced

Post by PlayerRep » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:55 pm
The o line is much improved and much bigger and stronger. Needs more improvement in guard play. Needs continuing improvement from the weight room. I hope Weyer will be fully healed and good-to-go. Hopefully, some of the younger guys are coming along and can contribute sooner or later. Germer is a terrific coach. Improved o line play would be great for BG and the offense.

Haven't ever said much about Nicholson, but recent former players have said he is good.

Ursa Major said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This OL coaching discussion seemed to be AWF's topic PR.....but guess you read better than I! Tell us something about the 2017 OL and how the coaches "are very good" and "said to be good". You assert we've had guys that were bigger stronger and much improved last year...and now one year later after all the good coaching and being all seniors it would seem no question this year's OL should be amazing. A little odd that last year's much improved OL helped contribute to the worst Griz team finish in 30+ years.

Mousegriz said:
Ursa Major said:
AllWeatherFan said:
PlayerRep said:

This OL coaching discussion seemed to be AWF's topic PR.....but guess you read better than I! Tell us something about the 2017 OL and how the coaches "are very good" and "said to be good". You assert we've had guys that were bigger stronger and much improved last year...and now one year later after all the good coaching and being all seniors it would seem no question this year's OL should be amazing. A little odd that last year's much improved OL helped contribute to the worst Griz team finish in 30+ years.

Sources for Germer being a very good coach are people like Hauck, Delaney, Beers, McFarland.

For the strength coach, multiple former and current players from the last 3 years, including a bunch of the former linebackers. Gamboa.

Do you have any contrary information that Germer and strength coach are not good, or not well-regarded by current players.

On the o-line strength games, some, including Sprunk, as well as the football operations person, have told me there were good gains this year, and that the coaches wanted more weight/strength. Also, the list of top weight games, one of which was posted earlier on egriz, shows good gains by o-lineman, including Beaver. If you compare the 2017 roster to the 2016 roster, you can also see weight gains.

Improved o-line play does not equal "amazing". Assume even you know that.

As for last season, are you indicating that others like the coaches, qb's, defense, secondary, specific players that supposedly didn't give all-out effort later in the season, receivers who dropped balls or ran wrong routes, run defense in the Cat game, etc. didn't contribute to the bad season? It was mostly the o-line's fault?

Care to explain why the o-line's protection in the last scrimmage was very good? Isn't the UM defense, especially d-line and lb's, supposed to be good this year? Was that good protection just a one-scrimmage fluke.

PlayerRep said:
Personally, I like info and analysis on the program from posters like Brint, George Ferguson, Kyle Sample, Colter, GrizRule, 24, GrizDad, some of the other posters who are parents or relatives, 75, 1976, AZGriz (stats), Alabama, Kem (in more recent times especially), Titleist, Ordigger (sometimes), Ray, BDizzle, Native, Eriul, Hammer, CDA, ProudGriz, Intuitive, grizpack, mondayamqb, tccgriz, Spanky/silvertip/TNT (guys I have come to like over time), a few Cat posters, a number of occasional posters who, to me, have names too similar to others for me to recall that accurately off the top of my head, various other occasional posters, and I'm sure others I just forgot. And I like scores of other posters.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWtUVDG5M1w[/youtube]

PlayerRep said:
Mousegriz said:
Ursa Major said:
AllWeatherFan said:

Sources for Germer being a very good coach are people like Hauck, Delaney, Beers, McFarland.

For the strength coach, multiple former and current players from the last 3 years, including a bunch of the former linebackers. Gamboa.

Do you have any contrary information that Germer and strength coach are not good, or not well-regarded by current players.

On the o-line strength games, some, including Sprunk, as well as the football operations person, have told me there were good gains this year, and that the coaches wanted more weight/strength. Also, the list of top weight games, one of which was posted earlier on egriz, shows good gains by o-lineman, including Beaver. If you compare the 2017 roster to the 2016 roster, you can also see weight gains.

Improved o-line play does not equal "amazing". Assume even you know that.

As for last season, are you indicating that others like the coaches, qb's, defense, secondary, specific players that supposedly didn't give all-out effort later in the season, receivers who dropped balls or ran wrong routes, run defense in the Cat game, etc. didn't contribute to the bad season? It was mostly the o-line's fault?

Care to explain why the o-line's protection in the last scrimmage was very good? Isn't the UM defense, especially d-line and lb's, supposed to be good this year? Was that good protection just a one-scrimmage fluke.

I'm not at all down on the OL nor its coaches....just keeping you honest to cite posts that pertained to the topic presented. I'm always optimistic and supportive of the Griz. One of probably very few that kind of want to get the old underdog Griz mentality back amongst players, coaches and fans. So much more fun when fans,. players and coaches are pulling for the same goal in a positive manner. I'm looking forward to the season, not ready to fire the coach if we don't win the NC and will be proudly cheering for the Griz for this and many years to come.

Back