• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

View from a newcomer

Griz nation, Sean is a 6'8 310 lbs OLineman who ranks as one of the top OL in all of AZ. Yes you read that right, 6'8 310 lbs!

atomik235, GRIZ NATION welcomes your family and son. Glad to have you. I hope this recruiting class is as close to one another as the last 2 are. It will be nice to keep the already verbally commitments. We are worried about a few being stolen from us, by bigger schools.

So glad you all enjoyed your visit to the U of M and your son is a GRIZ! Thank you for giving us your perspective. Yes, we are very passionate, and have very high expectations. Mediocrity is unacceptable many in GRIZ NATION.

Your son will be well taken care of and looked after, while he is here. The majority of fans, are among the best fan in the nation, at any level.

atomik235 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome and BTW.
07cf289ca051a5bcbb5e539fd83ed722.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you and your son do the Cotton Eyed Joe dance? Always a classic Griz tradition, fun thing at the games! That and clapping during John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy." I could go on and on Monte doing Kid Rock "Cowboy" etc. We have an excellent game day experiences, lots of great traditions!

Ok Mr. Atomik, thanks for your comments. Welcome to your son, I hope he has a great experience in Missoula and with the Griz. Now go, run, flee from egriz! And ban your son from even thinking of looking at it! There is nothing on this board that will make you a better parent or your son a better player.

AZGrizFan said:
atomik235 said:
Your HC is only in his 3rd year, you have to give time for his recruiting classes to mature.

That comment won't go over well with the negative nannies on this board. [emoji38]
By his 2nd season PFLU was a small wind gust away FROM MAKING IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (i.e., at least the 2nd best program in FCS)!!!!

They went 11-3.

WTF are you saying, "stitt it's only in his 3rd season, give him a break..." ?!?! By year 15 he should be able to make the playoffs......... yawl have lots it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jacobj6 said:
AZGrizFan said:
atomik235 said:
Your HC is only in his 3rd year, you have to give time for his recruiting classes to mature.

That comment won't go over well with the negative nannies on this board. [emoji38]
By his 2nd season PFLU was a small wind gust away FROM MAKING IT TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME (i.e., at least the 2nd best program in FCS)!!!!

They went 11-3.

WTF are you saying, "stitt it's only in his 3rd season, give him a break..." ?!?! By year 15 he should be able to make the playoffs......... yawl have lots it.

Pflu also had all of the allotted scholarships for the time he was here.

grizatwork said:
jacobj6 said:
AZGrizFan said:
atomik235 said:

They went 11-3.

And had inherited a perfectly tuned caddy. :D

AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:
jacobj6 said:
AZGrizFan said:

They went 11-3.

In all reality, we should be thankful that we have been able to get the athletes here the last 3 years given the avalanche of sh*t that we have been buried under. Fed investigation, NCAA sanctions, poor leadership, Krakaur's propaganda, enrollment issues.

Any other program would have probably had multiple losing years and even poorer fan response.

We are truly blessed to be Griz fans.

grizatwork said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizatwork said:
jacobj6 said:

They went 11-3.

In all reality, we should be thankful that we have been able to get the athletes here the last 3 years given the avalanche of sh*t that we have been buried under. Fed investigation, NCAA sanctions, poor leadership, Krakaur's propaganda, enrollment issues.

Any other program would have probably had multiple losing years and even poorer fan response.

We are truly blessed to be Griz fans.
My point exactly. Juxtaposing the two coaches:

Pflu in 2 was almost national champion.

Stitt in 3 can barely buy a win (literally, has to pay smaller schools so he can get a W).

What's the difference? Engstroms chicken shit, PC ass poured tons of fuel on a tiny spark (couple free hot dogs to players and bail money loaned to tru for a week by his friends mom). Could've put the flame out of he had a spine, but instead caved and blew things up 100 fold.

Yes, everything was blown way out of proportion, but the final damages: 3 less schollys for a few years and a black eye. Do these minor hindrances from the "controversy" justify the polar opposite results from the Pflu to Shit???

One would think the controversy hindrances would be proportionate to the coaching success reduction, but it's way out of whack. So, can't blame out all on the "controversy."

BWahlberg said:
Welcome to the board! This is a sounding board and a place people go to vent and I think at times it can seem both too overly positive (from guys like me) and too overly negative from others. The true pulse is probably somewhere inbetween!

Go Griz!

Lol, very true! Not very many 'tweeners' on this board.

atomik235 said:
Joined the forum and watched the EWU game due to my son being on an official visit last weekend. I’m glad there are some passionate fans here... but a few observations.
Sean was impressed by the atmosphere of the game, the coaching staff and the players... “just a bunch of good people”....he felt at home, and that’s what matters to a recruit (at least one that you want on your team [emoji16])
I would expect folks to be disappointed in the loss, but your program isn’t as bleak as some would post here.

Have a good day.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Sean's parent. I think Sean will work well with coach Germer. There is some disappointment surrounding the way the EWU 2nd half transpired, but please do not gauge the entire population of Griz fans based on this bulletin board content. I saw your "Viper" son on the plane and he is a very large 17-year old. I don't know how Sean could possibly fit into a Delta plane seat or that public restroom at the front of the plane.

Latest posts

Back