• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Uncertainty abounds for Griz as signing period opens

citay said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
There is a Point Guard per Kyle

Norwegian PG Lars Espe committed to Montana. Griz have now filled 12 of 13 scholarships #GrizHoops.
hudl.com/profile/657767…

Are you sure this wasn't Montana State?

So: Espe is from Norway, same as Harold Frey. He played in the same pro league as...Harold Frey. Word on Bobcat Nation was, Espe visited the Bobs on a recent weekend, which makes sense, since he must know Frey. As a result, one of the most astute basketball commentators on Bobcat or even Griz basketball, mslacat, posts on Bobcat Nation, he is pretty sure that Espe is about to sign with Bobcats.

Then: He signs with us.

What's up? How did this happen? What's "the rest of the story?"

citay said:
citay said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
There is a Point Guard per Kyle

Norwegian PG Lars Espe committed to Montana. Griz have now filled 12 of 13 scholarships #GrizHoops.
hudl.com/profile/657767…

Are you sure this wasn't Montana State?

So: Espe is from Norway, same as Harold Frey. He played in the same pro league as...Harold Frey. Word on Bobcat Nation was, Espe visited the Bobs on a recent weekend, which makes sense, since he must know Frey. As a result, one of the most astute basketball commentators on Bobcat or even Griz basketball, mslacat, posts on Bobcat Nation, he is pretty sure that Espe is about to sign with Bobcats.

Then: He signs with us.

What's up? How did this happen? What's "the rest of the story?"
My guess is the opportunity to play major minutes was a strong factor. Frey will only be a sophomore and starts for the cats.

International forward Admir Besovic completes Griz hoops recruiting class
http://skylinesportsmt.com/admir-besovic-commits-to-griz/

The GRIZ did terrific with the late additions. The team will actually have true size in the post this year. Granted, normally I am all for redshirting Freshman. In this case, I am very open to neither Freshman redshirting.

As for the bigs (Kramer and Besovic), they each have terrific size with solid frames. Neither needs to add much bulk. Kramer appears to be a more natural scorer with 1 on 1 post moves. Besovic, uses his bulk to get position and puts the ball up w/out much thought of post moves. He could be a load down low when he learns a variety of post moves. Both have good hands. Kramer appears to have better footwork and natural shotblocking skills.

It will be very interesting to watch these 2 7 footers develop. I see a lot of potential. I just hope both are hard workers and desire to improve their games. I really am encouraged by their physical structures too. Both have good bulk. They each will get stronger, but are already big enough to compete in the post. I see agility and quickness as the biggest areas of focus.

Great job coaches, great improvement in size. Next season, the GRIZ will have 2 7 footers, 2 6'8" and multiple guys between 6'5" and 6'7". I am stoked for next season, just on the size alone.

Welcome to GRIZ NATION to all the newbies.

Back