• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs UW Tailgating

We have season tickets to both UW and Montana...if you don't already have a pass and spot for tailgating, you're pretty much SOL unless you can find something on Craigslist. Our group of 12 will be sailgating to the game from Kirkland. We usually do it for 1 game a year and it's pretty fun.

EverettGriz said:
Absolutely going.

Intuitive, see pages 17 (for RV info) and 21+ for tailgating info.

http://www.gohuskies.com/documents/2016/8/15//2016_FB_FanGuide_Final.pdf?id=2748

Go GRIZ!!

Thanks EverettGriz, you da man :!: :clap:

polsongrizz said:
It's your basic tailgating, nothing more nothing less. Forget that cheap $10-15 parking fee though. I think we paid $35-40 something like five years ago.

PUBLIC PARKING RATES
Autos — Carpool (3 or more persons) $30.00
Autos — Non-carpool (2 or less persons) $40.00
RVs/Motor homes $120.00
Additional fee for trailer $30.00
Charter/Private buses $100.00

IdaGriz01 said:
polsongrizz said:
It's your basic tailgating, nothing more nothing less. Forget that cheap $10-15 parking fee though. I think we paid $35-40 something like five years ago.
Do not think "cheap" about anything that is directly impacted by the city (or the university). Seattle has by far the highest hotel, car rental, restaurant, and sales tax burden of any city west of the Mississippi.

On another matter: While I have no direct experience with getting around there in a big RV, I would suggest you review your routes very carefully. With so much on-street parking north of the campus, we found most streets to be narrow and congested. I can't tell you how many times we thought someone in a larger vehicle would sideswipe a bus. I also seem to recall a fair number of streets with "trucks prohibited" signs, although that might have been someplace else around the city. But I know we waited 5-10 minutes while a big delivery truck jockeyed his way around a corner -- within a mile of campus

Thanks for posting, appreciate it. :thumb:

I am going with a UW grad, but we'll see how much they remember, being that was in '93. (and Seattle is booming)

jcglfer said:
We have season tickets to both UW and Montana...if you don't already have a pass and spot for tailgating, you're pretty much SOL unless you can find something on Craigslist. Our group of 12 will be sailgating to the game from Kirkland. We usually do it for 1 game a year and it's pretty fun.

Kirkland, a nice place. I have an Aunt and Uncle live there.

Seeing that you are next to Bellevue, you should keep the MONTANA connection going...

Here a few Husky Stadium tips:

If you want to park for free, you'll need to park about a mile away to the NE, W, or S. Park east of the Urban Horticultural Center in Laurelhurst for a scenic walk to stadium through Union Bay preserve.

Northern terminus of subway to downtown is at Husky Stadium for those staying downtown.

Visit the Chinook boats at halftime for booze. Lines at bar way shorter than places inside stadium. Just make sure to get scanned out to re-enter stadium.

There are way better options than The Ram. Use the subway for easy downtown or Cap. Hill access or hit Bigtime Brewery, University Inn, Northlake Tavern, and more west of campus.

IntuitiveGriz said:
polsongrizz said:

PUBLIC PARKING RATES
Autos — Carpool (3 or more persons) $30.00
Autos — Non-carpool (2 or less persons) $40.00
RVs/Motor homes $120.00
Additional fee for trailer $30.00
Charter/Private buses $100.00
:thumb:

Latest posts

Back