• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Ty wins the battle

Is it possible Ty got fired was because he was aware of Stitt's lack of football knowledge and he didn't respect Stitt?

HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
So are you trying to convince people that Ty was/is the key to winning Championships? Good luck

I did not say that Einstein..I said he has beat Stitt twice and is laughing about it..what is not to
understand here..He was a big part of the Cat victory..got it!

Good for Ty, but FTC. Ty is the reason Ty got fired. Are you celebrating with Ty?

No, Stitt is the reason Ty got fired, and Stitt/Semore is the reason Griz are no longer Champions.

Is it possible Ty got fired was because he was aware of Stitt's lack of football knowledge and he didn't respect Stitt?

GrizRanger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
So are you trying to convince people that Ty was/is the key to winning Championships? Good luck

I did not say that Einstein..I said he has beat Stitt twice and is laughing about it..what is not to

Good for Ty, but FTC. Ty is the reason Ty got fired. Are you celebrating with Ty?

No, Stitt is the reason Ty got fired, and Stitt/Semore is the reason Griz are no longer Champions.

No, Ty is the reason Ty got fired. If you can't play nice with the boss the boss will get rid of you. You don't have to agree with Stitt, but Ty made the choices that led to being fired.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizRanger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
grizghost said:

No, Ty is the reason Ty got fired. If you can't play nice with the boss the boss will get rid of you. You don't have to agree with Stitt, but Ty made the choices that led to being fired.

And apparently if you kiss the ass of the boss you can stay on as head coach or as defensive or special teams coordinator as well regardless of success

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizRanger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

And apparently if you kiss the ass of the boss you can stay on as head coach or as defensive or special teams coordinator as well regardless of success

Correct, that doesn't hurt.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizRanger said:

Correct, that doesn't hurt.
Isn't that how the swamp is supposed to work?

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

Maybe, but that is still Ty being responsible for Ty being fired.
It’s difficult to work for someone like Stitt after you learn he doesn’t know much.

Ursus1 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizRanger said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Definition of life now, in my field - its who you know, not what you know.

Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

It’s difficult to work for someone like Stitt after you learn he doesn’t know much.

I know many coaches that "know alot" but just are not good coaches. I think Stitt knows more than you give him credit for.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

I know many coaches that "know alot" but just are not good coaches. I think Stitt knows more than you give him credit for.
Maybe. If true, he doesn’t know how to coach/teach.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

I just wish he knew enough to score more than two TDs against poor MSU teams.

Ty is a good coach who brings great passion to his sidelines. I thought he was a good hire for MSU. The fact is he has greatly improved their defense (though their defense had been so bad even I might have been able to improve it). That said Ty did not win this game for the cats.

For most of the game the Grizzlies moved the ball up and down the field. One of the few exceptions was when starting under the shadow of their goal post (getting repeated false starts). Though most of the game we did move the ball until shooting ourselves in the foot. A handful of crucial and uncharacteristic dropped passes. A handful of miscues by Jensen on relatively easy throws (the flare out to JLM could have been huge). A few head scratching runs up the middle into 'holes' that were never there, when simply bouncing to the outside had plenty of open grass. Then finally the forward pass / fumble turnover. Our own players drive killing errors made the cats D look far better than they were.

The cat defense played fairly well but not great. Montana's offense was far from perfect. Yet if the Grizzly offense avoided a few of the miscues above we would have had the points to overcome the more glaring miscues the MT defense had.

If tg is so good and you're knees in front of him evidently, why did cats finish 5-6? BTW, your wife likes me better than tg.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

HHB, what is your hard-on for TG? Do I have to start making the same post (see below) after all of your posts, until you answer the question?

"What is your dislike of TG based on? What don't you like? Do you know him? Who told you these things?

I have always liked TG, and have known him since he came to UM. My wife likes him. We like how he coaches. We like his passion. Virtually all of his players love him. My wife and I ran into one of his NFL guys last night, and he spoke very highly of TG. He was many very good friends in Missoula and Griz nation, many of him top supporters of the program. He seems to have taken a weak Cat D and made it into a good, and yesterday a very good, D. Most Cat fans seems to like and appreciate him. My impression is that Choate likes and gets along with him. Last summer, I talked to a Cat player from Missoula, and he said that the Cats won the game last year because of TG and that he is a very good coach.

Please don't both to bring up in the Boulder strip club incident, because the tape showed that he wasn't in the club and hotel video and workers show/say he wasn't seen carrying anything into the hotel. Yes, when he was in his early 20's, he went out on the town and drank at times. Most of that was not evident by the time he came back to Missoula the second time. He is hardly the first young UM coach to go out and drink too much."

PR, I don't think he is a great DC.

Okay, that's fine, but that's not what you usually say. My question is why do you have a hard-on for him? I can't imagine it's just because you don't think he was a good DC.

By the way, he was a good DC for UM, and he's a good DC for MSU.

ronangrizfan said:
If tg is so good and you're knees in front of him evidently, why did cats finish 5-6? BTW, your wife likes me better than tg.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
PlayerRep said:
HHB, what is your hard-on for TG? Do I have to start making the same post (see below) after all of your posts, until you answer the question?

"What is your dislike of TG based on? What don't you like? Do you know him? Who told you these things?

I have always liked TG, and have known him since he came to UM. My wife likes him. We like how he coaches. We like his passion. Virtually all of his players love him. My wife and I ran into one of his NFL guys last night, and he spoke very highly of TG. He was many very good friends in Missoula and Griz nation, many of him top supporters of the program. He seems to have taken a weak Cat D and made it into a good, and yesterday a very good, D. Most Cat fans seems to like and appreciate him. My impression is that Choate likes and gets along with him. Last summer, I talked to a Cat player from Missoula, and he said that the Cats won the game last year because of TG and that he is a very good coach.

Please don't both to bring up in the Boulder strip club incident, because the tape showed that he wasn't in the club and hotel video and workers show/say he wasn't seen carrying anything into the hotel. Yes, when he was in his early 20's, he went out on the town and drank at times. Most of that was not evident by the time he came back to Missoula the second time. He is hardly the first young UM coach to go out and drink too much."

Okay, that's fine, but that's not what you usually say. My question is why do you have a hard-on for him? I can't imagine it's just because you don't think he was a good DC.

PR I often think of you as an arrogant ass who spends way too much time on egriz, but I agree with you in regard to Ty Gregorak.

I have relatives who played for the Griz when Ty was a Griz coach and they loved the guy and could not say enough good things about him. They could not believe Ty went to coach for the rival Bobcats and said Stitt must have really pissed him off for that to happen.

I believe Griz would have beat Cats last year and this year had Stitt had the sense to retain Gregorak.

GrizRanger said:
ronangrizfan said:

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

PR I often think of you as an arrogant ass who spends way too much time on egriz, but I agree with you in regard to Ty Gregorak.

I have relatives who played for the Griz when Ty was a Griz coach and they loved the guy and could not say enough good things about him. They could not believe Ty went to coach for the rival Bobcats and said Stitt must have really pissed him off for that to happen.

I believe Griz would have beat Cats last year and this year had Stitt had the sense to retain Gregorak.

TG forced his hand. It was a toxic relationship and would never have worked.

HelenaHandBasket said:
GrizRanger said:
ronangrizfan said:

PlayerRep said:

TG forced his hand. It was a toxic relationship and would never have worked.

..I had a chance to talk with Ty when he left..saw him at an Kalispell golf course..he had no mean
words for anybody on the Griz coaching staff..told me he did not want to leave but the writing
was on the wall...there was no chemistry between him and Stitt.. .Choate reached out to him
and they both hit it off..the rest is history.

Back