• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tweet from Reese....

Kaylab said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
it went down pretty quick after they got called out for it.

Not true at all they just put it other places. Then when Amie went to tell them to take it down they told her to pound sand and they have every right to post it. This is from Amie on her twitter. Reese also was retweeting posts about them not removing it
it was there and then it was moved, or hidden behind 8 others. I saw the tweets from Aimie saying she was overruled on the decision to post it. what a load of crap.
While it is not the 8th picture in the gallery, it is most certainly still in the photo album as the last picture. Once again, proving how sleezy and trashy the Missoulian truly is.

Gallery isn't even up anymore on my computer.

ordigger said:
Kaylab said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
mtgrizfankb said:
Not true at all they just put it other places. Then when Amie went to tell them to take it down they told her to pound sand and they have every right to post it. This is from Amie on her twitter. Reese also was retweeting posts about them not removing it
it was there and then it was moved, or hidden behind 8 others. I saw the tweets from Aimie saying she was overruled on the decision to post it. what a load of crap.
While it is not the 8th picture in the gallery, it is most certainly still in the photo album as the last picture. Once again, proving how sleezy and trashy the Missoulian truly is.

Yeah it's down now, I checked again.

I'm told it was the editor in chief who apparently at first was not wanting to take it down...

BWahlberg said:
ordigger said:
Kaylab said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:

Yeah it's down now, I checked again.

I'm told it was the editor in chief who apparently at first was not wanting to take it down...

Hopefully it wasn't picked up by other papers, or news sources.

Igotgoodsources said:
Was still up and at picture 28 at 2:30am.

Still there, same spot, 8:20 this morning. Just absolutely revolting. We should bombard the place with phone calls and emails.

They leave it up there buried so we keep looking for it and getting hits. I have not utilized the Missoulian much for a long time, but this confirms I will never buy that poop rag or go to their website again. National broadcasts know better than to replay those images... Just because they are within their 1st Amendment rights, does not mean they SHOULD show that image. Deplorable unprofessional editor...makes me sick and infuriated. :evil:

And don't worry about anyone else picking this up....most people in the business wouldn't be foolish enough to post/print that.

04GRIZPHARMER said:
They leave it up there buried so we keep looking for it and getting hits. I have not utilized the Missoulian much for a long time, but this confirms I will never buy that poop rag or go to their website again. National broadcasts know better than to replay those images... Just because they are within their 1st Amendment rights, does not mean they SHOULD show that image. Deplorable unprofessional editor...makes me sick and infuriated. :evil:

And don't worry about anyone else picking this up....most people in the business wouldn't be foolish enough to post/print that.

talk about click bait. did not even consider that until now. ffs what is wrong with them?

NorthEndZoneDan said:
04GRIZPHARMER said:

talk about click bait. did not even consider that until now. ffs what is wrong with them?

Neither did I. I am sorry I did. Thanks for pointing that out.

Gone from Instagram looks like, but up on their web site. I do believe Kathy Best, who is from Seattle most recently, and Illinois, not Montana is the editor that is making this decision to post the photo. My suggestion is to call her directly at the Missoulian, and flood her email account to voice your displeasure.

I would also hope that the team, and players refuse any interview requests with the Missoulian going forward. Unfortunate for Amie, the new sports beat reporter, but necessary to get the point across.

ordigger said:
Unfortunate for Amie, the new sports beat reporter, but necessary to get the point across.

Cant help but feel for her. She’s voiced her displeasure and kind of put between a rock and a hard place. But thankful she wasn’t scared to voice her opinion

EW406 said:
ordigger said:
Unfortunate for Amie, the new sports beat reporter, but necessary to get the point across.

Cant help but feel for her. She’s voiced her displeasure and kind of put between a rock and a hard place. But thankful she wasn’t scared to voice her opinion

Kudos to that lady.

EW406 said:
ordigger said:

I agree, not everyone will express themselves against their bosses.

ordigger said:
Here is the information for the Editor that is behind this decision. Time to stand up eGriz and voice your displeasure.

Kathy Best
[email protected]
(406) 523-5258

I just emailed my displeasure to that classless
C , U Next Tuesday .
Pardon my frech but that's just wrong

ordigger said:
Here is the information for the Editor that is behind this decision. Time to stand up eGriz and voice your displeasure.

Kathy Best
[email protected]
(406) 523-5258

In response to my email:

Thank you for your note.

We are not using the photo of Reese Phillips to generate clicks; if we were, it would not be the last photo in a gallery of 29 photos. We are using it because it is news and was the most significant news to come out of Saturday’s contest. The picture, while difficult to look at, leaves no doubt that Phillips suffered a career-ending injury.

More than 20,000 people witnessed his injury; thousands more saw coverage on television. I agree that the injury is appalling. But the injury was caused by the game, not by the Missoulian’s photographer. Football can be a brutal sport, as evidenced by the brain injuries that players suffer. That is a reality and it is something players choose to accept when they volunteer to play.

If we show the glory of the game, which we do every single week with our Game Day special section, our game coverage and our features leading up to the weekly contests, we also have an obligation to show the darker side of the sport. Yes, it’s hard to look at. But we strove to be as respectful of Phillips as we could be. We did not show his face or photos of him writhing in agony. And we removed the photo from Instagram because we could not provide the same context that existed on our website.

I respect the fact that you may not agree with our decision, which was not an easy one for us. But I hope it lets you know that it was not a decision made lightly nor one that had anything to do with clicks.

Regards,

Wow, just wow......

Grizzly96 said:
ordigger said:

Kathy Best
[email protected]
(406) 523-5258

In response to my email:

Thank you for your note.

We are not using the photo of Reese Phillips to generate clicks; if we were, it would not be the last photo in a gallery of 29 photos. We are using it because it is news and was the most significant news to come out of Saturday’s contest. The picture, while difficult to look at, leaves no doubt that Phillips suffered a career-ending injury.

More than 20,000 people witnessed his injury; thousands more saw coverage on television. I agree that the injury is appalling. But the injury was caused by the game, not by the Missoulian’s photographer. Football can be a brutal sport, as evidenced by the brain injuries that players suffer. That is a reality and it is something players choose to accept when they volunteer to play.

If we show the glory of the game, which we do every single week with our Game Day special section, our game coverage and our features leading up to the weekly contests, we also have an obligation to show the darker side of the sport. Yes, it’s hard to look at. But we strove to be as respectful of Phillips as we could be. We did not show his face or photos of him writhing in agony. And we removed the photo from Instagram because we could not provide the same context that existed on our website.

I respect the fact that you may not agree with our decision, which was not an easy one for us. But I hope it lets you know that it was not a decision made lightly nor one that had anything to do with clicks.

Regards,

Wow, just wow......

Wow they live in la la land. And they wonder why their reporters don't get very good access to Griz sports. They bring up Reese and how they were respectful when he has publicly tweeted his displeasure with it. Wow is right. I wrote this dumb bitch too.

Grizzly96 said:
ordigger said:

Kathy Best
[email protected]
(406) 523-5258

In response to my email:

Thank you for your note.

Regards,

Wow, just wow......

Here is the response she gave me

Thank you for taking the time to write.

We are using the photo of Reese Phillips because it is news, was witnessed by 20,000 people and was the most significant thing that happened in Saturday’s game. The picture, while difficult to look at, leaves no doubt that Phillips suffered a career-ending injury. In this case, the photo truly told the story better than 1,000 words would have.

I agree that the injury is appalling. But the injury was caused by the game, not by the Missoulian’s photographer.

Football can be a brutal sport, as evidenced by the brain injuries that players suffer. The potential for devastating injuries is a reality and is a risk players choose to accept when they volunteer to play. If we show the glory of the game, which we do every single week with our Game Day special section, our game coverage and our features leading up to the weekly contests, we also have an obligation to show the darker side of the sport. We strove to be as respectful of Phillips as we could be. We did not show his face or photos of him writhing in agony. And we removed the photo from Instagram because we could not provide the same context that existed on our website.

I respect the fact that you may not agree with our decision, which was not an easy one for us. But I hope this helps you understand that it was not a decision we made lightly.

Regards,

Kathy Best

Does she realize she's fucking with GRIZ NATION

Back