• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

This is what we are missing from our coach

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I mean say what you want about Gregorak...I personally don’t regret not having him as a coach....but he at least gets it when it comes to Cat Griz.

:thumb: Gregorak was the same way as a Griz coach, and was loved and respected by Grizs players. These players could give a sh*t about Stitt and Semore.

TX-GRIZ said:
No passion. I would love to see some excitement out of our coach.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IezJHKUdIyQ[/youtube]

I can't argue with that. There is something to be said to have a coach that makes you want to run through a brick wall.

I couldn't agree more. He's like a wet noodle. The team lacks that focused intensity of Grizzly attitude. Yes execution is important, but making big plays and physically intimidating your foe makes the difference between ok and champion.

TX-GRIZ said:
“The sideline was flat. No energy, no will. That’s unacceptable,” a former player wrote in a message to Skyline Sports.

Even Murray noticed something was amiss with the Griz.

“Today we just had that bond,” said the Bobcats quarterback. “I honestly think Montana doesn’t have that type of bond and I think that’s been the difference the past two years.”

Where are Green, Schillinger, Selle, etc.? All ex-Griz? Guys who allegedly understand the importance of this game? Guys who should be able to get their guys "up" without a HC who acts like a cheerleader?

Head coaches shouldn’t kick and scream and be cheerleaders. I think that Stitt’s temperament is about perfect.

It’s his scheme and weak culture that fails the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grizfan95 said:
RABIDAWG said:
TX-GRIZ said:
“The sideline was flat. No energy, no will. That’s unacceptable,” a former player wrote in a message to Skyline Sports.

“Today we just had that bond,” said the Bobcats quarterback. “I honestly think Montana doesn’t have that type of bond and I think that’s been the difference the past two years.”

This seems obvious. The “mental” coach looks uninterested on the sidelines. Whatever play info he keeps staring at isn’t inspiring his players as a group. Pretty sad. As much as I hated watching Choate and Gregorik on the sidelines, that’s the intensity that wins games.

Is it? One team is 7-4 and the other is 5-6. You don't see Saban hooting and hollering on the sidelines. This point is ridiculous.

I think the point is, Stitt isn't acting like what they want him to act like. I was thinking of Saban too. What about all the great coaches who are not raw, raw guys. Or is it just that Stitt doesn't fit in someones predetermined characteristic trait for what a coach should look like.

GrizRanger said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
I mean say what you want about Gregorak...I personally don’t regret not having him as a coach....but he at least gets it when it comes to Cat Griz.

:thumb: Gregorak was the same way as a Griz coach, and was loved and respected by Grizs players. These players could give a sh*t about Stitt and Semore.

You couldn't be more wrong.

signedbewildered said:
GrizRanger said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Please explain.

AZGrizFan said:
TX-GRIZ said:

Where are Green, Schillinger, Selle, etc.? All ex-Griz? Guys who allegedly understand the importance of this game? Guys who should be able to get their guys "up" without a HC who acts like a cheerleader?

I sit in the 2nd row on the 50 yard line behind the visitors bench and without appearing to be talking smack this was not a griz team I've seen over the years. no fire. they were just all kind of there. seemed to care more about being in front of the heater than being involved in the game. it was 35 degrees out!

as a cat fan I had a ball seeing this. but if this is what you all have been seeing all season, it's smack you in the face obvious that this team lacks what all of those great teams had over the years. those teams would talk trash all week, talk trash all game, chippiness after plays, basically everything you hate as an opposing team and opposing fan. and more times than not they'd win. this weekend you had a lackluster group. this isn't to say that guys didn't play hard. but as a whole it was a pretty subdued team. :twocents:

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:
TX-GRIZ said:

I sit in the 2nd row on the 50 yard line behind the visitors bench and without appearing to be talking smack this was not a griz team I've seen over the years. no fire. they were just all kind of there. seemed to care more about being in front of the heater than being involved in the game. it was 35 degrees out!

as a cat fan I had a ball seeing this. but if this is what you all have been seeing all season, it's smack you in the face obvious that this team lacks what all of those great teams had over the years. those teams would talk trash all week, talk trash all game, chippiness after plays, basically everything you hate as an opposing team and opposing fan. and more times than not they'd win. this weekend you had a lackluster group. this isn't to say that guys didn't play hard. but as a whole it was a pretty subdued team. :twocents:

Lackluster seems to be the new Griz culture because I saw it all season long.

PlayerRep said:
signedbewildered said:
GrizRanger said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

Please explain.

These players give a shit about Stitt. Is that clear enough for you?

Back