• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Value of Travis DeCuire

Proud Griz Man said:
Kennedy or Holst?

Zirg said:
He's valuable in his recruiting abilities, and he will soon land a gig that pays more than UM will ever pay a coach. That's how it works around here. Since 1971 there has only been 1 UM b-ball coach that did not go on to coach somewhere else in D1 (and get paid more than here). This place recruits itself (compared to most Big Sky destinations) in so many ways. When Travis moves on, we'll find someone else and they will have success too, unless they hire another Class C Montana HS coach again.
I was talking about Holst. Fat Pat Kennedy somehow got another D1 gig (Towson) after destroying our budget with his cell phone bill

CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Zirg said:
He's valuable in his recruiting abilities, and he will soon land a gig that pays more than UM will ever pay a coach. That's how it works around here. Since 1971 there has only been 1 UM b-ball coach that did not go on to coach somewhere else in D1 (and get paid more than here). This place recruits itself (compared to most Big Sky destinations) in so many ways. When Travis moves on, we'll find someone else and they will have success too, unless they hire another Class C Montana HS coach again.

I thought Plentwood was Class B when he was there? Good one.

I guess that could be right. I'm not gonna research this one. I just assumed that Plentywood was Class C, but I think I made my point. :)

Zirg said:
CatGrad-UMGradStu said:
Zirg said:

I thought Plentwood was Class B when he was there? Good one.

I guess that could be right. I'm not gonna research this one. I just assumed that Plentywood was Class C, but I think I made my point. :)

I understood what you were insinuating from the get go! The most successful basketball coach in our state's history made the leap from high school to college--small Montana high school to further clarify your point. Loyalty is hard to find when money gets thrown into the equation. The Uelands are originally from Outlook too, for what it's worth.

Back