• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stitt 'Miked-up Minute' on Griz Vision

As far as this or the karaoke or Monte movies, it's all about money. Each one of those is sold to a sponsor and helps improve the bottom line at the game. You'll notice that the really big programs, with lots of donors or bowl games, etc. have very little advertising or video board nonsense. We sell every second of the game to someone. Marketing is in control of the content and Grizzly Sports Properties handle a large chunk of the selling of time, PA's or video real estate. Do you remember when the "red zone" was sold to a sponsor and every time a team was inside the 20 we had to hear about some business? I'm glad that went away. I was afraid that every yardline on the field would end up sponsored. Can you imagine Peter Christian trying to announce the game with every yardline having a sponsor?? I've often wondered if you could charge an extra buck per ticket on the promise that the never-ending marketing would go away.

first11 said:
Bland, underwhelming......
Animal beers were never about the taste. They're about the things you did and the friends you made while drinking them. For me, that was fishing, hunting trips, poker games, mud races, floating the Blackfoot, and Griz games. Sorry you missed out on that.

BleacherCreature said:
As far as this or the karaoke or Monte movies, it's all about money. Each one of those is sold to a sponsor and helps improve the bottom line at the game. You'll notice that the really big programs, with lots of donors or bowl games, etc. have very little advertising or video board nonsense. We sell every second of the game to someone. Marketing is in control of the content and Grizzly Sports Properties handle a large chunk of the selling of time, PA's or video real estate. Do you remember when the "red zone" was sold to a sponsor and every time a team was inside the 20 we had to hear about some business? I'm glad that went away. I was afraid that every yardline on the field would end up sponsored. Can you imagine Peter Christian trying to announce the game with every yardline having a sponsor?? I've often wondered if you could charge an extra buck per ticket on the promise that the never-ending marketing would go away.

This is almost completely false. Learfield owns all of the advertising. Grizzly marketing has nothing to do with the selling. Also I recently went to the Washington game and saw a Penn State game, and both had just as much, if not more advertising. The karaoke and other "gimmicks" are things every program does.

I'd love a copy of this speech. I often have trouble getting to sleep and this might help

BDizzle said:
BleacherCreature said:

This is almost completely false. Learfield owns all of the advertising. Grizzly marketing has nothing to do with the selling. Also I recently went to the Washington game and saw a Penn State game, and both had just as much, if not more advertising. The karaoke and other "gimmicks" are things every program does.
Beat me to it. I've been going to Texas Tech games for 3 years and the video board only stops for plays. Otherwise it's going constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get'em_griz said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
The problem I have with the Miked Up Minute is the timing. It took the air out of the stadium. Comments were fast n furious around me in the NEZ that we needed noise but the clip played right up to the snap, taking the crowd out of the equation. It seems more and more like the new toys with the sound and PA is working against the noise and not ginning it up.

Exactly. I said to my wife, "UM needs to be playing some intense hype music to keep the crowd into it! This is horrible timing and it's going to put people to sleep."

Merle Haggard Fightin side always gets me goin!

Back