• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

State of the Union Drinking game

SAVAGE PAW said:
Sheehan is running for the senate. She is has already talked about running against Barbara Boxer in the primary. Sounds like a sicko to me shes now trying to use her sons death for a personal gain.

I thought people ran for office because they wanted to affect positive change for our country. I didn't realize that the motivation for running for office was personal gain.

People write tell-all books for personal gain.

She has no chance for the senate anyway -- she's just making noise because the current CA Senator isn't anti-war enough for her tastes.

Bay Area Cat said:
I thought people ran for office because they wanted to affect positive change for our country. I didn't realize that the motivation for running for office was personal gain.

BAC you must be living in Candyland if you think people run for office ONLY to affect change of course they want the personal gain too. I think all this attention she's getting is going to her head.

I thought I heard it was Diane Feinstein she was considering running against. Heck... If it was Barbara Boxer.. I'd be tempted to vote for Cindy! :crazyeyes:

grizfaninkalamazoo said:
I would ask for re-districting if I was in that area.

If you can find a way to push Vacaville (her home town -- between SF and Sac) outside of the boundaries of CA....

Hells bells said:
drewklein1 said:
That's the problem with politics, most people when confronted with someone who disagrees with them but is informed, will just dismiss them or refer to their points as bullshit (eventhough everything I wrote was true)! :lame:

now for your correction on the events of the first iraq war

1) IT was the UN that stopped us from getting sadam...yes the same organization that profited from oil for food program about 10 years later

2) if it were up to the us we would have captured sadam back in 1991

3) We also sold weponry to iran *they have several f-14's B747's and older type aircraft* but so did the soviets *i belive that iraq had up to mig 29s in their inventory which places their purchase well after anything we gave them*

4) i will go by your word about the PR firm

5) if all wars were just for oil why havnet we threatened canada yet? they are closer, they have much bigger oil reserves in the form of "oil dust"(dont know the exact word of it but from what i have read about it it makes the mid east look like a lake)

It is called "Oil sand" and won't really be in large enough production to affect our current situation for about ten years. It will be a great alternative to oil from the Middle East, but it won't be enough for us to stop importing from that region.

Back