• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Stadium Club/Canyon Club - cost/benefit?

PlayerRep said:
TCCGRIZ said:
garizzalies said:
PR is right; don’t knock it ‘til you try it. I absolutely love the Canyon Club. I think the crowd is great, with the perfect level of rowdyness. It’s like the best Griz Bar you’ve ever watched a game, only even better. There’s chants in there you don’t hear anywhere else.
If you can swing it, do the best of both worlds. I will never give up the outside seats, but some games are better in the Canyon club, esp when girls are involved. We usually go back and forth, and don’t need to race to the tailgates to chug a beer anymore. It’s expensive but the convenience and experience can be worth it

Agree with PR too, yes there are fudding duddies but the main reason I like it I can see the whole field
Great experience

I like the people in my general area, but not sure about the family from Butte in row 2 to my left (and more to the center). Ha. Scott Gratton is fairly close. Cole Bergquist is often up there when he's in town. The people on one side of my are former players and their spouses. They are fun, especially the spouses. Some of the Mo Club bartenders seem to score tickets up there fairly often. Mick Delaney's wife is up there.

Yeah , I heard they were assholes too. Always screaming and hollering causing all sorts of ruckus .
Lol wouldn't trade for anything

PlayerRep said:
Scott Gratton is fairly close. Cole Bergquist is often up there when he's in town. The people on one side of my are former players and their spouses. They are fun, especially the spouses. Some of the Mo Club bartenders seem to score tickets up there fairly often. Mick Delaney's wife is up there.

PR obviously needs a bigger name basket, as his is overflowing. Names keep dropping all over the place. Can ANYONE help him? CAUTION: Slip or Trip Danger!!! Use Hand Rails!!! :lol:

If they served beer to the masses, the whole stadium would be a big Stadium Club, except that there would be no name-dropping. WIN-WIN!

fanofzoo said:
PR you are always using that damn phone, when your not drinking your beer.

During games, I use my phone only to look at scores of other games and follow Griz game stats. Maining Big Sky and Ivy games. The wireless quality at the stadium sucks. I also get a few texts from people like Brint.

Iowagriz said:
PR - assume normal stadium prices for beer and food?

I don't even notice. Maybe $5 for beer and $8 for $10 for a burger. Food is decent. Beer is cold. Our servers learn quickly to locate our group with about 2 minutes to go in the 3d q, to get our final order. Bar closes at end of 3d q.

It's fun. Your wife would like it. My wife doesn't like the big rain or cold either, but she can always go inside. As I said, I like being able to move around: seats, other empty seats, decks on either side of club, tables in back deck area, inside. Elevator from inside stadium to the club level, and then have to walk down to outside seats.

AllWeatherFan said:
If they served beer to the masses,fe the whole stadium would be a big Stadium Club, except that there would be no name-dropping. WIN-WIN!

Double standard. Beer, or whatever, allowed in private boxes and the pricey Stadium Club, but your average fan in every other seat can't have it. Gotta go to tailgates. Thats bullshit. Anyone can see the effect on second half attendance. Lots of aluminum. Can't blame all of it on bad coaches and bad teams, but it is a factor.
Didn't slow the beer consumption much, as many drivers on the way home, after EVERY game, were obviously impaired. I remember one I flipped off for his driving, then his trying to chase me down with his car full of passengers(wife and kids, I assume). I toyed with him for miles. Entertainment is where you find it. When I tired of him, I left him in my dust, probably saving the lives of everyone in that car. I never drank before, during, or after Griz games.

tourist said:
AllWeatherFan said:
If they served beer to the masses,fe the whole stadium would be a big Stadium Club, except that there would be no name-dropping. WIN-WIN!

Double standard. Beer, or whatever, allowed in private boxes and the pricey Stadium Club, but your average fan in every other seat can't have it. Gotta go to tailgates. Thats bullshit. Anyone can see the effect on second half attendance. Lots of aluminum. Can't blame all of it on bad coaches and bad teams, but it is a factor.
Didn't slow the beer consumption much, as many drivers on the way home, after EVERY game, were obviously impaired. I remember one I flipped off for his driving, then his trying to chase me down with his car full of passengers(wife and kids, I assume). I toyed with him for miles. Entertainment is where you find it. When I tired of him, I left him in my dust, probably saving the lives of everyone in that car. I never drank before, during, or after Griz games.

Am I a "bad fan" (like HHB) if I get shit-faced in the Canyon Club, stay for halftime and then walk home?

Ursa, go for it. You bought your ticket. Walking home is good, unless you live out of town. I take it you don't live in Helena. Long walk. I came to see a football game. I could save a whole lot of money by staying home and drinking. Well, I'd save SOME money. You want to go to the game and drink your brains out, do it. No 'bad fans.' After six years of Delaney and Stitt, I would say the fan base has lost a lot of its enthusiasm, as evidenced by the aluminum and attendance figures.

Back