• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring/Summer FB transfers

Damn! It's been a tough couple days on the transfer market for us. 2 guys that I think we felt pretty good about end up not coming here. I'm sure they still have a long list of guys they're going after, but I really wanted both of these guys!

Damn! It's been a tough couple days on the transfer market for us. 2 guys that I think we felt pretty good about end up not coming here. I'm sure they still have a long list of guys they're going after, but I really wanted both of these guys!
Well they got guy to flip from Tech 🙄

This is why I don’t get excited about offers and possible transfers. Until they’ve committed, anywhere is a possibility. Hell, even after they commit sometimes.

I don't feel the need to comment on the remainder of your post as you've already gotten your ass handed to you concerning that.

But I will address the bolded statement. Why was that play "luck"? Instead, what it really was was an extremely intelligent play by a well-coached player on one end, and a fantastic athlete on the other. Junior knew he had a free play because of the facemask, so he took a chance and threw into coverage since no bad could come from it. White showed amazing athletic skills and remarkable concentration to catch it off the deflection. None of that constitutes luck. But I suspect you know that.
Hilarious. Absolutely no luck involved in that play! It was a planned play all along. Who knew, except the unbridled genius that is YOU!

I'm not trying to take any position. I wanted to know your opinion and I think now I have it.

You appear to be taking the position that since according to you "both the Cats, NDSU, and SDSU had much better o-lines that we did." and we beat two of those three teams, o-line is not as important as many people think.
Let me get this straight. So, according to you, if we beat a team with a superior O-line, it can then be determined that having a good O-line is not important. Defense, QB play, special teams play, apparently has no bearing on the outcome.

Just showing how much spin-rate is on your post, you must throw a great curve ball.

Mmmm... Maybe, maybe not. Spring ball doesn't really show a lot. It seems to be more of a welcome wagon mixer. I went to Louisville, Kentucky and Ohio State's spring practices this year (I don't bother with Marshall even though they are only three miles away... old grudges and all), and it seemed to be a lot of the same as what the Griz did in their spring practices. Get the early enrollees and transfers time on the field, knock rust off and oil the 1's for the fall and do some serious coaching up of the 2's. Just my perception though.
Anyone thinking we don't have lots of questions about the starting QB position either hasn't been paying attention, or is swilling the Kool-Aid

Well that’s a total bummer! I thought for sure we had him! His former OC is at SDSU now so there is a connection. Damn, back to the drawing board!
Why would a solid O-lineman choose Montana over the National Champions, who have had players drafted and signed as preferred NFL free agents the past two years? Shouldn't be much of a surprise.

Let me get this straight. So, according to you, if we beat a team with a superior O-line, it can then be determined that having a good O-line is not important. Defense, QB play, special teams play, apparently has no bearing on the outcome.

Just showing how much spin-rate is on your post, you must throw a great curve ball.
You did not get it straight. I'm not saying anything, I am trying to get you to clarify your position in regards to our success. You have said that the lack of solid o-line has been a constant under Hauck 2.0. Constant meaning that every year we have lacked a solid o-line.

You have also said that every football fan worth their jock strap, or something close to that, knows how crucial a good o-line is.

So what I would like to know is; do you therefore think that with a better o-line we would have won the National Championship? Or conversely given that you believe two teams that we beat, one handily, had better o-lines that perhaps o-line is not as crucial as "every football fan worth their jock strap" thinks?

You have just stated that a team with solid D, QB play, and Special teams can defeat teams with better offensive lines, so perhaps having one really isn't that important. Which would you prefer; to have an o-line as good as the Cats or once again "lack a solid o-line" but with those other three facets beat the Cats like we did this past season? Do you want to win like we did, or just participate like the Cats and Bison?

Anyone thinking we don't have lots of questions about the starting QB position either hasn't been paying attention, or is swilling the Kool-Aid
There are questions every year on just about every team in country because players graduate or move on. That’s the nature of college football. I think the Griz biggest issue at QB last few years hasn’t been the starter but the depth. I think the depth is pretty solid and 3 guys will compete and make each better. Nobody really knows until they play. But Jesus just about every take you have is negative. Instead of excited to see some kid get his shot you have “questions.” Can’t imagine how miserable you would be if you weren’t a fan of a team coming off a 13-2 season and an appearance in national championship game. Last year was special and a lot of fun. If that’s a kool aid drinker then keep it coming.

Back