• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Six Questions

GrizLA said:
mcg said:
GrizLA said:
dayday said:
Unfortunately, I believe the problem (of course outsider looking in) is that UM keeps the media availability very limited. They try to control a majority of the story lines. Not a lot of insiders leaking stories. It turns into a don't fight the hand that feeds you. Missoulian need to produce Griz stories for their readers but hard to get them if their beat writer is not given a lot of access to the team, and maybe less if he pisses them off. At press conferences, Gus Tootell or Kyle it seemed were about the only ones that have had asked some tough questions. I think it really hurts the journalistic integrity when the tough questions aren't asked but it kind of is what it is.

The end result is that we are going to usually get these puff pieces from the Missoulian, and a majority of the story will come from the athletic department media office or worse they will steal it from elsewhere.
NEVER READ OR BELIEVE YOUR OWN PRESS RELEASES.

Professional baseball players say "You can't believe your own bull***t"

I know a president who thinks he can and makes a lot of people believe it, too......

Name a president in the last 50 years (really, since the advent of the television) who HASN'T thought that way.

Back