• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Safety Gavin Robertson: 6'3 225 Arizona Transfer Signs

New linebackers coach Scott Boone and “Mike” linebacker Brandon Rutt are working with Robertson on his hand usage, positioning and recognition. Boone likes what he has seen so far.

“That’s what they’re supposed to look like,” Boone said. “He’s big, he’s physical, he’s very athletic. It’s my job to make sure he knows what to do.”

=====================================================================

UM should take as many of these guys, "...big, physical...very athletetic." as they can get. :clap:

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Huh? Why the clapping? I thought you thought everyone who moved from one school to another, or from a Pac-12 school, was unsuccessful and not good enough for Montana.

Stop thinking, do everyone a favor.

Lot of talk about the safety position and no mention of McGinnis. Don't overlook the kid. He's a fast, smart athlete with decent size.

Griz90 said:
Lot of talk about the safety position and no mention of McGinnis. Don't overlook the kid. He's a fast, smart athlete with decent size.

I am with ya, I am high on McGinnis from Sidney. He is fast, athletic and has some height. Going to be great probably. But you know most of Egriz, they don't know shit until they see it on TV.

The only reason I haven't mentioned him in this thread is because he is just going to be RS-FR. He will see the field. And he will be good. But because he will be so young it will obviously be his weakest of his 4 years of live action, so that's the only reason I pumped the brakes. Going to be a good one though! :clap:

I am sure Griz90 knows this, but for others on the board: McGinnis is an athlete

2017 STATE TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP, Class A

Prelims

1. Troy Andersen......10.90...Beaverhead County (Bobcat Swiss Army Knife)
2. Michael McGinnis...11.11...Sidney (Griz)

Finals

1. Troy Andersen.......11.29a...Beaverhead County
2. Michael McGinnis....11.57a...Sidney

I like the move, hopefully we can get both honestly. Would help fill the ranks and add some instant competition. Assuming Sandry can get over the ankle injury that kind of plagued him all last season and Epperly can take that next step as a senior, I think our starting duo is good, not amazing at this point, but workable. The depth though is totally unknown.

With Robertson, possibly Putney, and maybe even Richardson coming back that gives some soph/junior guys in that group that will help with depth, possibly even get a rotating or permanent starter, or at the minimum help big time on ST.

Yeah, this (kid) works: Beast

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN70Tkr-jhk[/youtube]

UM appears to be addressing the weakness on this team with the additions of Hauck and Robertson.

Wasn't this kid committed here at some point his senior year? Maybe Stitt just offered him, but I thought he might have been committed before Arizona offered

WaGriz4life said:
Wasn't this kid committed here at some point his senior year? Maybe Stitt just offered him, but I thought he might have been committed before Arizona offered

Found this. You’re right...
(not a commitment, but an offer)

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/213775/gavin-robertson

Yep, here are the eGriz references to the offer and his commitment to Arizona: http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70230&p=1065657&hilit=gavin+robertson&sid=3c6c9b79b98049398aa8b69b1350acde#p1065657

IntuitiveGriz said:
I am sure Griz90 knows this, but for others on the board: McGinnis is an athlete

2017 STATE TRACK CHAMPIONSHIP, Class A

Prelims

1. Troy Andersen......10.90...Beaverhead County (Bobcat Swiss Army Knife)
2. Michael McGinnis...11.11...Sidney (Griz)

Finals

1. Troy Andersen.......11.29a...Beaverhead County
2. Michael McGinnis....11.57a...Sidney

Also lettered in basketball and has a 4.0 GPA at UM.

Back