• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Remember those DeCuire doubters?

I was actually doubting if the Griz had enough talent last season, and at the start of this season. I never doubted TD's coaching skills for a second. For one, the coaching tree he came from, they trust him and back him 100 percent, and if they do and a fan doesn't, that fan is an idiot in my opinion.

I think I was wrong though too. The Griz have more than enough talent to win the Big Sky and go to the dance this season. But I never for a second doubted they had the right coach.

AZGrizFan said:
Come on now. It’s EASY to not be a doubter THIS year....but in years’ past, you have to admit TD’s teams have underperformed, relative to expectations. They seemed to play almost every P5 team well until the last 5 minutes, being close or even ahead and then getting run out of the gym and losing by 10. There were inexplicable stretches in almost every game where they’d just go cold and turn a blowout into a close game or a close game into a loss. We have not (in seasons past) seen the kind of 2nd half adjustments we’ve become accustomed to this year...we have not, in seasons’ past, seen the kind of buy-in on the defensive end that we’ve seen this year, and with awesome results.

I’ll be honest, after his first two years, I was a doubter. I wondered if he really had what it took to get this team over the top. Obviously that doubt has since evaporated. :D :D

Oh, and for full disclosure, i’ve not been to a single game in TD’s tenure...but I’ve watched just about every one on TV and I have a question:

WHAT IN THE HELL IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO FILL DAHLBERG? I couldn’t BELIEVE I saw empty seats on last night’s telecast....

His first year they were predicted to finish 7th or 8th in the conference; they won the conference and lost to a better team in the conference title.
His second year they lost in the Big Sky title game to a team with two NBA players
Last year was a struggle and the only real time they underperformed relative to the talent

kyle_sample said:
AZGrizFan said:
Come on now. It’s EASY to not be a doubter THIS year....but in years’ past, you have to admit TD’s teams have underperformed, relative to expectations. They seemed to play almost every P5 team well until the last 5 minutes, being close or even ahead and then getting run out of the gym and losing by 10. There were inexplicable stretches in almost every game where they’d just go cold and turn a blowout into a close game or a close game into a loss. We have not (in seasons past) seen the kind of 2nd half adjustments we’ve become accustomed to this year...we have not, in seasons’ past, seen the kind of buy-in on the defensive end that we’ve seen this year, and with awesome results.

I’ll be honest, after his first two years, I was a doubter. I wondered if he really had what it took to get this team over the top. Obviously that doubt has since evaporated. :D :D

Oh, and for full disclosure, i’ve not been to a single game in TD’s tenure...but I’ve watched just about every one on TV and I have a question:

WHAT IN THE HELL IS IT GOING TO TAKE TO FILL DAHLBERG? I couldn’t BELIEVE I saw empty seats on last night’s telecast....

His first year they were predicted to finish 7th or 8th in the conference; they won the conference and lost to a better team in the conference title.
His second year they lost in the Big Sky title game to a team with two NBA players
Last year was a struggle and the only real time they underperformed relative to the talent

“They lost”
“They lost”
“A struggle”

:D

AZGrizFan said:
kyle_sample said:
AZGrizFan said:

“They lost”
“They lost”
“A struggle”

way to cherry pick and not stick to your original premise of "you have to admit TD’s teams have underperformed, relative to expectations"

kyle_sample said:
AZGrizFan said:
kyle_sample said:
AZGrizFan said:

“They lost”
“They lost”
“A struggle”

way to cherry pick and not stick to your original premise of "you have to admit TD’s teams have underperformed, relative to expectations"

Do you know what :D means? Or have you had your sense of humor surgically removed?

AZGrizFan said:

Getting off topic here, but seriously! We’ve had one game with attendance of more than 5000 this season. For what this team has done, the attendance has been really disappointing. Personally I think having 7000 in the Adams Center is a lot more exhilarating than 25,000 in Wa Griz. These guys deserve to play in that atmosphere. It frustrates me to no end that Missoula doesn’t support the basketball program better.

Jaredkuehn said:
AZGrizFan said:

Getting off topic here, but seriously! We’ve had one game with attendance of more than 5000 this season. For what this team has done, the attendance has been really disappointing. Personally I think having 7000 in the Adams Center is a lot more exhilarating than 25,000 in Wa Griz. These guys deserve to play in that atmosphere. It frustrates me to no end that Missoula doesn’t support the basketball program better.
a friend at Idaho said the same thing about the Vandals.

I said two things had to happen to start winning, one we needed consistent big man play - after a slow start, Jamar Okoh has easily fit the bill. I also statistically showed that Rorie is a much better player when he does NOT take the 3 point shot. That is also been proven. He really needs to pass up that show to someone else, or drive.

As for not being here 1) I had surgery 2) I got sick of the drama.

GrizLA said:
Jaredkuehn said:
AZGrizFan said:

It honestly pains me to see all the empty seats on the live streams. This team deserves so much better. This is easily the most exciting Griz team to watch in at least a decade and Missoula still seems very ho-hum about it all. I cannot possibly imagine what better things people have to do in the Zoo in February. There is literally nothing going on this time of year and we have one of our best teams of all-time. Step up Missoula.

gotgame75 said:
GrizLA said:
Jaredkuehn said:
AZGrizFan said:

It honestly pains me to see all the empty seats on the live streams. This team deserves so much better. This is easily the most exciting Griz team to watch in at least a decade and Missoula still seems very ho-hum about it all. I cannot possibly imagine what better things people have to do in the Zoo in February. There is literally nothing going on this time of year and we have one of our best teams of all-time. Step up Missoula.
Well, as it has been said many times on this board...they aren't the Missoula Grizzlies, they're the MONTANA Grizzlies. Yeah, I'd love to see the seats full too, but...nearly 5k isn't too bad considering they were playing against a team with 3 conference wins. If the games agains BBQ-U and our neighbors over the hill don't sell out...that'd be a problem.

Back