• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pro Day

I said a couple years ago on here Sarencini was the best back in any college in Montana....now you see why. And agree with above post why Favors didn't get playing time.....makes sense now. Schye dud well....but don't think will be enough for next level.

HookedonGriz said:
grizd said:
HookedonGriz said:
Do any of our guys have a shot at a camp? I'm guessing Reese, Strong, and McKinley. I'd love to see Schye get a shot, too. That kid has heart and you can't teach heart.

Pure speculation, but I would say the best chance is the Tech RB.

Definitely put up good numbers. He did a pro day last year too though if I recall correctly. Wonder what hold up was then? Wonder if his numbers improved on this one?

in 2017 at MSU's Pro Day, Montana Tech’s all-American running back, Nolan Saraceni, was in attendance and had a very impressive 20 reps in the bench press, while Tech’s all-American safety, Gunnar Kaiser, racked up 16. Saraceni ran the second fastest forty at MSU in 4.56. Kaiser finished in 4.64 seconds.

in UM's 2018 Pro Day, MT Tech's Noldan Saraceni ran the forty in 4.58 seconds, completed the 3-cone drill in 6.87 seconds, had 21 reps on the bench press, as well as a 35-inch vertical and a 121-inch broad jump.

Favors, while never a burner (more of a bruising style for 5'9"), was a little faster in HS. But he was 185 lbs then, he's 211 now....

Ursus1 said:
I said a couple years ago on here Sarencini was the best back in any college in Montana....now you see why. And agree with above post why Favors didn't get playing time.....makes sense now. Schye dud well....but don't think will be enough for next level.

I think a lot of people were saying that. Surprised he didn't get a camp invite last year.

Schey and Strong put up some good numbers. Hopefully that gets them some looks.

Sam A. Blitz said:
Ursus1 said:

I think a lot of people were saying that. Surprised he didn't get a camp invite last year.

Schey and Strong put up some good numbers. Hopefully that gets them some looks.

Strong's pro day forty time compares very well to the safety combine invitees, in fact faster than many, like guys from Ohio State, Clemson...

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=monday

Schey compares well too,,,

http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker#day=sunday

On Tootell and Nuanez, it was mentioned that the OL that only did 8 reps had an injured wrist for the last couple years and didn't have surgery to fix it. As a result that was like the first time he benched in a couple years.

Still, if your wrist is so hurt that you can't strength train, why would you not get that taken care of?

bgbigdog said:
biga75 said:
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/former-montana-grizzly-dbs-justin-strong-ryan-mckinley-raise-eyebrows/article_72835f32-7fc4-5cae-9663-dcd4d1551527.html

Looks like some good numbers by Tech's Saraceni as well.

Some have commented here that he is a serious talent. Would guess it would have been a great get for Montana had he been offered or had Montana fit into his educational plans.
Both Montana and MSU wanted Saraceni but they were not able to get him into school without gray-shirting. He elected NAIA where he could play right away.

Richard Cranium said:
We had an O lineman that could only do 8 reps of 225 on the Bench Press??? No wonder we have not been dominant! I'll guarantee that won't happen under BH's tenure. I'm 55 and can do 10 reps.

Not impressed, RC. I'm 89, and have made a pact with myself that once I can no longer roll out of bed and immediately whip out 37 reps with 225 lbs, I'll go radio silence.

I'm still here, bitches.

So honest question. Bobby comes in but you keep the same strength coach. How do these numbers change? Does the HC change much in the S&C program?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Allezchat said:
So honest question. Bobby comes in but you keep the same strength coach. How do these numbers change? Does the HC change much in the S&C program?

I think the fact that the S&C didn’t change says what BH thinks about his program that he developed. And with this being the first off season together I’m think they will work to adjust the program to what BH wants.
If I recall, and could be wrong, this last season there were not many musculoskeletal injuries. Which can also be attributed to the S&C.

Bearcountry92 said:
Allezchat said:

I think the fact that the S&C didn’t change says what BH thinks about his program that he developed. And with this being the first off season together I’m think they will work to adjust the program to what BH wants.
If I recall, and could be wrong, this last season there were not many musculoskeletal injuries. Which can also be attributed to the S&C.

I asked this question of Hauck at the announcement press conference. His answer would be on the tape. I actually think you described the essence of what I thought Hauck said. I think BH said that they want bigger and stronger players, and that comes with lifting heavy weights.

I agree that Hauck wants bigger, stronger players. As he should.

I hope some of the Griz have the work ethic to put on muscle in the few months after spring ball and leading up to fall camp. Just like the LB from msu that added 30 lbs of muscle in the few months from the end of the off-season to his pro day the other day. He looked impressive, and crushed it in strength testing (26 reps on bench).

IntuitiveGriz said:

I hope some of the Griz have the work ethic to put on muscle in the few months after spring ball and leading up to fall camp. Just like the LB from msu that added 30 lbs of muscle in the few months from the end of the off-season to his pro day the other day. He looked impressive, and crushed it in strength testing (26 reps on bench).

Must be on the Choachote fitness program:
42021_S_vvs_000.jpg

Carroll's Chris Empter (from Livingston ) was bigger, faster, stronger (jumped better as well) than either the Griz linemen when he was at MSU pro day and it wasn't even close. This with NAIA coaches and a far inferior facility . 26 reps, 29.5 vertical, 5.15 40 9'2" broad jump all carrying 300 pounds of body.

Ursa Major said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

Must be on the Choachote fitness program:
42021_S_vvs_000.jpg

Wow, 30 pounds of muscle in under 4 months. Seems totally legit! :roll:

Back