• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Once again, Montana preparing backup QB to start

CDAGRIZ said:
Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
spsyk said:
Not sure why, don't care to speculate, although in two years two QB with broken legs and prior to that never seen a broken leg since Donavan, however I stand to be corrected.

I know why. It's because of Stitt's offense. Look at everything that has happened since Stitt took over: Missed the playoffs; broken legs; a loss to the Cats; Calhoun got tackled in the backfield; hurricanes in the Atlantic; earthquake in Mexico; my neighbor painted his house orange; our QBs have thrown multiple picks; bad smoke in MSO; and Stitt has allowed Kim Jong Un to run amok. It's the Stitt offense. Players would never get hurt if we had a different coach. Stinks.
Don't forget fully sedated anal bleaching. This wasn't going on when Delaney was at the helm!

Cam Chu has retained counsel (I'm not at liberty to say who), but I will say that a security camera, or "ChuCam", shows a very lucid Ursa requesting a very specific service and demanding a name brand rather than the well bleach. I will also say, regardless of the level of alleged sedation during said incident, Mick would not stand for it. It's a Stitt thing for sure.

Unfortunately, my attorney, Barry Zuckerkorn is currently predisposed.

After consulting with several high profile attorneys, I have retained new counsel with Brown, Shite and Plunk. The head attorney will be B. M. Brown. You may know him from his successful acquittal of Paula Radcliffe on the charge of littering with his unconventional use of the legal doctrine of Excreta Ejecta.

He has prepared the following statement:

Never in the annals of even a dump like e-Griz has the good name of a good man been smeared by such putrid lies and backdoor maneuvers. I literally fell off of my stool when I read the sewage that was being spread by his accusers. Being a heterochromiac, these tainted lies brought tears to my brown eye and my blue one too, watching this fine man be soiled. I have spent many hours with my client as floaters releasing brown trout into the Blackfoot, logging in the Bitterroots, outside of WGS at halftime corn-holing, or just enjoying a chocolate banana on a hot steamy afternoon. I know him to be a solid citizen who refuses to run from these false fetid claims. Few of you know that my client volunteers at the hospital on the children's ward bringing joy to the sick children with his phenomenal balloon knot techniques.

Unfortunately, these stinking false deprecating allegations have clung to my client and it has almost wrecked him. Let it be known, I will fully discharge my duties in defending him until the elimination of this entire stinking matter. To defend this man will be a crowning achievement for me. Until this matter is concluded, I pledge to bear down and unclog this mess. This case is my primary focus, Ursa will never be number two as far as my priorities go until these false claims are emptied from the record and the slate is wiped clean.

Sincerely,

B.M. Brown, Barrister

Can't believe you went with B.M. Brown. Not cheap. Hope you have a few Courics saved up.

PlayerRep said:
CDAGRIZ said:
spsyk said:
Not sure why, don't care to speculate, although in two years two QB with broken legs and prior to that never seen a broken leg since Donavan, however I stand to be corrected.

I know why. It's because of Stitt's offense. Look at everything that has happened since Stitt took over: Missed the playoffs; broken legs; a loss to the Cats; Calhoun got tackled in the backfield; hurricanes in the Atlantic; earthquake in Mexico; my neighbor painted his house orange; our QBs have thrown multiple picks; bad smoke in MSO; and Stitt has allowed lim Jong Un to run amok. It's the Stitt offense. Players would never get hurt if we had a different coach. Stinks.

Finally a poster who understands the game.

OK, I didn't know and didn't want to speculate, although everything you posted seems to make sense, thanks for the insight.

Can't refute any of your examples, for they are all true. Don't have any validity about your
neighbors house or Kim Jong Un, the natural disasters, well excuse providers such as yourself already blame President Trump for pulling out of the Paris Accords, although the rest of the post appears to be spot on.

Wondering if Mike Rowe will reserve any time to cover the effort in the upcoming “Dirty Jobs” documentary. Seems like something he’d be interested in. Will there be a Go Fund Me page established for donations? I’ve got funds budgeted for peach vodka that would probably be better spent here.

grizatwork said:
Grisly Fan said:
What happened to Reese was freakishly bad luck, that all. Lots of QBs play their entire career without a major injury, let alone something like that. Yes, injuries are a part of the game and lots of backups get a lot of playing time because of it. Contrast that to the DD days when the Griz had the game locked down early in the 3rd quarter and DD sat out a big chunk of many games -- and still accumulated amazing stats. The backups got a lot of quality playing time. I have often wondered what numbers he might have put up if he had played complete games?

DD missed significant time his Junior year due to a very bad ankle sprain against Boise in Boise. Many think it kept us from the championship game that year. He was not the same the rest of the year. Wilberger saw significant time.
Wilberger played the entire Semi game at Youngstown in '94 and was a disaster in spite of arguably the best OL Montana has ever had. DD didn't even suit up.

BDizzle said:
Blgs Griz Fan said:
Is it just me or is this offense harder on QB's than normal? I know injuries are part of the game but the number of injured QB's in the last two years seems high.

Might not be the offense, but the offensive line. This was a freak injury that happened on a standard drop back. Offensive line got beat so Phillips stepped up to scramble and, unfortunately, got tackled from behind.
Honestly it didn't really look like the OL's fault on that one. Reese climbed forward in the pocket and started to scramble. Once you climb the pocket all the DL has to do is turn around and the QB is exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fact is Reese was "scrambling" the previous 3 plays. I turned to my wife and said if the right side of the line doesn't sure things up Reese will get crushed. I believe from that point on Jackson shared time with Ralston.

nzone said:
Fact is Reese was "scrambling" the previous 3 plays. I turned to my wife and said if the right side of the line doesn't sure things up Reese will get crushed. I believe from that point on Jackson shared time with Ralston.

Yes I watched the game again last night and that was the sequence when he did the shovel pass just prior, so, yes, he was under some pressure. As I said earlier I wasn't as high on the line as some were after the game, but in reality, they definitely improved after the injury.

At this point blame for Phillip's injury is a non issue. Reese has taken harder hits prior to his injury. To dwell on what could have or what should have been different doesn't change the result. Fact is interior line play has potential for injuries every snap...big bodies colliding in a condensed space. Unfortunately unforeseen occurrences can befall anyone of us. The defenders were not trying to injure him, and no offensive lineman is to blame for the injury.

Diesel said:
At this point blame for Phillip's injury is a non issue. Reese has taken harder hits prior to his injury. To dwell on what could have or what should have been different doesn't change the result. Fact is interior line play has potential for injuries every snap...big bodies colliding in a condensed space. Unfortunately unforeseen occurrences can befall anyone of us. The defenders were not trying to injure him, and no offensive lineman is to blame for the injury.

:thumb:

And I have a feeling Gresch is going to introduce himself to the FCS world in a BIG way Saturday night.

Htowngriz said:
Diesel said:

And I have a feeling Gresch is going to introduce himself to the FCS world in a BIG way Saturday night.

+1 Agreed!

Htowngriz said:
Diesel said:

You took the words right out of my mouse.

Back