• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No EWoo this year!!

This is how the Southern Utah's (2 years ago) of the world end up winning the conference because they didn't play the other top 3 teams. I don't understand why the Big Sky thinks more (crappy) schools in the conference automatically makes it better. It doesn't. If every team doesn't play every other team, the conference title is a joke. We got rid of North Dakota, No Colorado-you are next!

Hopefully we see them.

We'll be hosting at Washington Griz after our first round bye.
It's possible Ewoo makes the playoffs and slips past the first round and gets to come to Missoula.

WILDCATFAN said:
kemajic said:
WILDCATFAN said:
The sad thing about the stats above is the one team of the 4 who ISN'T known for their football program has the most road wins in the playoffs since 2008.
When you have a losing record in playoffs, you have to find something to take away.
I'll take my 2 road wins by a non fcs power team in a 10 year span over 1 road win by an actual fcs power in the same span any day.
You had a very impressive team last year but you have a long way to go to be recognized nationally in FCS. And how is that BSC Bball domination going?

kemajic said:
WILDCATFAN said:
kemajic said:
WILDCATFAN said:
The sad thing about the stats above is the one team of the 4 who ISN'T known for their football program has the most road wins in the playoffs since 2008.
When you have a losing record in playoffs, you have to find something to take away.
I'll take my 2 road wins by a non fcs power team in a 10 year span over 1 road win by an actual fcs power in the same span any day.
You had a very impressive team last year but you have a long way to go to be recognized nationally in FCS. And how is that BSC Bball domination going?

First. Yes, Weber has a very long way to go to even be considered a nationally recognized football program. Last year was a good start, Weber needs to prove they can consistently win now.

Second. Who said anything about Basketball? What does Basketball have to do with winning football playoff games?

First, I want to play teams like EWoo every year because they have been a strong rivals for the last 25 years, and I almost hate them as much as the Cats. Second, the Missouri Valley conference get five teams in because they all play a tough schedule. I assume the Griz make more money playing Ewoo by having a ROOT televised game and shear ticket volume? We need to get New Mexico State in the conference

Yes the only team I hate more than Idaho, is Montana. Love your fans passion ,your stadium, how you support your team, but for me its like the Seahawks beating the Packers with the fake refs. Nothing more satisifying than silenceing your fans. Thats what makes a rival. Forgive the spelling, I'm a 81 Uof I graduate, Hate the school would donate to montana before Idaho. Good luck takeing the Vandals to the woodshed. Protect the Red!

IdaEag92 said:
Yes the only team I hate more than Idaho, is Montana. Love your fans passion ,your stadium, how you support your team, but for me its like the Seahawks beating the Packers with the fake refs. Nothing more satisifying than silenceing your fans. Thats what makes a rival. Forgive the spelling, I'm a 81 Uof I graduate, Hate the school would donate to montana before Idaho. Good luck takeing the Vandals to the woodshed. Protect the Red!

Have you met my friend AzGrizfan? Are you related? :lol:

No we are not relation? Seriously, Montana is like the big brother you love to hate when your growing up.You want to pound him into the ground, but you still love him. The vandals are like the big mouth drunk in the corner club, who thinks they belong in the SEC, but can barely get the W over Carls copy machine college. There is no end to their delusion, had to sit there and listen to that garbage at work every day for years. Weber State is that MMA foe that no one really wants to fight becaue they will screw someones season up. Hope they can fnd their Montana. Anyway love to hate you Montana brothers, Good luck except against us! Protect The Red!!!

HelenaHandBasket said:
GlacierGrizX said:
I assume the Griz make more money playing Ewoo by having a ROOT televised game and shear ticket volume?

I would assume that this is incorrect.
The ROOT contract is a joke; chump change. Good only for the exposure.

kemajic said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
GlacierGrizX said:
I assume the Griz make more money playing Ewoo by having a ROOT televised game and shear ticket volume?

I would assume that this is incorrect.
The ROOT contract is a joke; chump change. Good only for the exposure.

I know some of my friends in the Pacific Northwest only watch one to a few games on Root to stay connected to the Griz. Since the Griz have not been great over the last decade, this is their only avenue for a continued connection to both U of M and the Griz. I think the exposure is invaluable to both alumni and potential new recruits?

Back