• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Nicholas

Potomac Griz said:
GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:
Credit where it's due however. Shower was correct about one thing: The Griz DID in fact run into a difficult part of their schedule.

Of course, it was to the national runner-up.

I agree with you princess. The griz played decent against an uninspired Michigan team. At least they didn't embarrass the BSC as they did against Syracuse and Wisconsin.

You guys got blown out 87-65 against Utah Valley State in the CBI's first round. Just wanted to remind you of that. The Griz gave Michigan (who should have been a 2 seed) a better game than you gave Utah Valley State...and yet here you are trying to talk smack on eGriz :lol:

I was simply agreeing with Everett. Hey, we'll see how next year unfolds. I'll leave you alone so you can drool over your hodge podge team of transfers and malcontents.

GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:
Credit where it's due however. Shower was correct about one thing: The Griz DID in fact run into a difficult part of their schedule.

I agree with you princess. The griz played decent against an uninspired Michigan team. At least they didn't embarrass the BSC as they did against Syracuse and Wisconsin.

Apparently we were playing an “uninspired” EWU team in the conference championship game too... :roll: :roll:

GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:

"I agree with you".

The only correct thing GS has ever uttered.

Have fun next year as a middle of the road bsc team. Look for the GRIZ in the Top 25 on your way to .400. Oh, and as always, thanks for visiting and supporting eGRIZ.

EverettGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:

"I agree with you".

Have fun next year as a middle of the road bsc team. Look for the GRIZ in the Top 25 on your way to .400. Oh, and as always, thanks for visiting and supporting eGRIZ.
GS has utters? who knew

EverettGriz said:
GoldenEagle said:
EverettGriz said:

"I agree with you".

Top 25? Bold prediction. I guess you don't let reality affect your optimism.

He transferring to a JC,so I am assuming this is grades-related more than anything although I have no personal knowledge. Why else would he head to a JC with his talent?

Because he would have to sit out a year if he went straight to another DI, and sitting on the bench is why he quit the Griz in the first place.

George Ferguson said:
Because he would have to sit out a year if he went straight to another DI, and sitting on the bench is why he quit the Griz in the first place.

I don't recall any Griz transferring to a JC ever so I am (still) suspicious about his grades,but you may be right in this case.

Zirg said:
George Ferguson said:

I don't recall any Griz transferring to a JC ever so I am (still) suspicious about his grades,but you may be right in this case.

Wiley is one recently. Been a few over the years I can remember. It's basically so he plays right away, then gets recruited to D1.

AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
George Ferguson said:

Wiley is one recently. Been a few over the years I can remember. It's basically so he plays right away, then gets recruited to D1.
Wiley transferred to Lewis-Clark, a Division 2 school (I think), but certainly not a JC.

GrizWhiz said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
George Ferguson said:
Wiley transferred to Lewis-Clark, a Division 2 school (I think), but certainly not a JC.
Lewis-Clark College in Portland (a private school) or Lewis-Clark State College (an Idaho state school)??

LCC is Division III in athletics, LCSC is NAIA.

IdaGriz01 said:
GrizWhiz said:
AZDoc said:
Zirg said:
Lewis-Clark College in Portland (a private school) or Lewis-Clark State College (an Idaho state school)??

Lewis-Clark State is NAIA and a member of the Frontier Conference. All other teams in the conference are Montana teams. The kid played lots of college games in Montana so why the confusion on which LC he went to? Does anyone follow the Frontier Conference in Missoula?

Wiley played for MT as a true freshman, then quit BB and tried both track and FB at MT in his sophomore year, then left MT after two years for LC State to play immediately. He'd have been eligible even had he not "sat" that second year....like Samuelson or Riley Bradshaw when the transferred to NAIA.

He played two years at LC and was conference MVP his "junior" and final year at LC. Then transferred to EWU for a 5th...but think under the grad transfer rule. Big Sky MVP and signed with Brooklyn Nets and played in 5 NBA games this season. He's recently signed with a team in Germany.

GrizWhiz said:
Lewis-Clark State College- still not a JC.
Yep.

As for playing right away: Transfers from an NCAA D-I school to a D-II or D-III can indeed play right away. However, it gets way murkier when a D-I athlete transfers to an NAIA school. I kinda knew that, so I went over to the NAIA web page ... and it got real ugly, real fast. I chose not to plod through all the "if ... ands ... buts." I'm fairly sure you can play right away. But it looks like you have to jump through all kinds of hoops if you hope to be able to go back to a D-I school at some point.

Mousegriz said:
IdaGriz01 said:

Lewis-Clark State is NAIA and a member of the Frontier Conference. All other teams in the conference are Montana teams. The kid played lots of college games in Montana so why the confusion on which LC he went to? Does anyone follow the Frontier Conference in Missoula?

Wiley played for MT as a true freshman, then quit BB and tried both track and FB at MT in his sophomore year, then left MT after two years for LC State to play immediately. He'd have been eligible even had he not "sat" that second year....like Samuelson or Riley Bradshaw when the transferred to NAIA.

He played two years at LC and was conference MVP his "junior" and final year at LC. Then transferred to EWU for a 5th...but think under the grad transfer rule. Big Sky MVP and signed with Brooklyn Nets and played in 5 NBA games this season. He's recently signed with a team in Germany.
Don't live in Montana, so I was not familiar with this player's career. GrizWhiz knew, but I didn't. So I asked the question ... because D-III vs NAIA makes a big difference in the transfer rules.

On the other point: As I said in the post above, I did not try to dig deep into the NAIA "4-4 transfer" rule, but I'm pretty sure you're right ... the only way he could have gone back to an NCAA D-I school would have been under the grad transfer rule.

Oh that's correct. I thought he went to a JC first for a year, then LC State. Thanks for the correction.

Wiley > Nicholas. Similar in terms of athleticism but Wiley had much better offensive skills. Too bad it didn't work out for Wiley at UM.

Billy Reader may have gone JC. Maybe it was DII. I can't remember. If he could have kept up in the classroom, he could have been pretty good for us.

Billy Reader played in 12 games as a redshirt freshman at UM, transferred to juco College of Southern Idaho (20.6 points average), then transferred to Morehead State in the Ohio Valley Conference (Kentucky). He averaged 7.5 points as a senior and 4.8 rebounds. He then played European pro ball with the Leicester Riders in England. As I recall, he had academic issues here.

717s7e said:
Billy Reader played in 12 games as a redshirt freshman at UM, transferred to juco College of Southern Idaho (20.6 points average), then transferred to Morehead State in the Ohio Valley Conference (Kentucky). He averaged 7.5 points as a senior and 4.8 rebounds. He then played European pro ball with the Leicester Riders in England. As I recall, he had academic issues here.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Back