• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Recruit- 7' Besovic

flatheadgriz406 said:
No problem. Love what you and Kyle do with Griz hoops. I can't get enough!

He seems to have a little Fab and a little Qvale in him and I will take that all day with a double dose in March.

Is it true the cats were in hot pursuit of Epse? Pulling the rug out on them would be even sweeter.
Oh Kyle does great work and all the heavy lifting, I just have some decent info from time to time and a little background that helps but Kyle has really changed recruiting coverage for the griz. No doubt, I'm excited for what he brings.

Yes, Cats thought they had Espe wrapped up pretty much and very few cat insiders if any besides coaches knew he was even visiting the griz as well. They asked the opinion of a gentleman who followed both Espe and Frey for the cats when they played in that Norwegian pro league, and his opinion was that Espe was the better all around player that could beat you in more ways with Frey being a slightly better shooter. They loved that analysis until he chose to sign with the griz haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Big guys always take longer to grow into those enormous frames. If anything, I'd say this guy is ahead of the curve.

casewinter13 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

He seems to have a little Fab and a little Qvale in him and I will take that all day with a double dose in March.

Is it true the cats were in hot pursuit of Epse? Pulling the rug out on them would be even sweeter.
Oh Kyle does great work and all the heavy lifting, I just have some decent info from time to time and a little background that helps but Kyle has really changed recruiting coverage for the griz. No doubt, I'm excited for what he brings.

Yes, Cats thought they had Espe wrapped up pretty much and very few cat insiders if any besides coaches knew he was even visiting the griz as well. They asked the opinion of a gentleman who followed both Espe and Frey for the cats when they played in that Norwegian pro league, and his opinion was that Espe was the better all around player that could beat you in more ways with Frey being a slightly better shooter. They loved that analysis until he chose to sign with the griz haha

I should Apologize for my comments. I got a little defensive after your comment. In reality, I agree that bigs can develop a bit slower until they get to the higher level. I also agree that aggression can be a detriment to productive play, especially in basketball. To clarify, I think he's got decent feet and decent moves, but would love to see better rebounding numbers in HS for his size. The difference between aggression and desire to dominate the boards is really what I meant. Thanks for putting me in my place and making me feel like a pickle on here...

AZDoc said:
casewinter13 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

I should Apologize for my comments. I got a little defensive after your comment. In reality, I agree that bigs can develop a bit slower until they get to the higher level. I also agree that aggression can be a detriment to productive play, especially in basketball. To clarify, I think he's got decent feet and decent moves, but would love to see better rebounding numbers in HS for his size. The difference between aggression and desire to dominate the boards is really what I meant. Thanks for putting me in my place and making me feel like a pickle on here...
Haha let's un pickle you then. No, I gotcha, I think we all wanna see great numbers out of that kid in prep school, I just happen to trust my eyes more than things I can't see, like circumstances that played a role in his stats. If his numbers were too much better I doubt he lands at Montana. I view him as a steal

casewinter13 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

For the record, the info in the second paragraph is exactly what I head. (and the stuff in the first is much appreciated)

kyle_sample said:
casewinter13 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

For the record, the info in the second paragraph is exactly what I head. (and the stuff in the first is much appreciated)
Thanks for the confirmation on what you heard as well. (Of course... We all appreciate it!)

So this quote by casewinter13:

"If his numbers were too much better I doubt he lands at Montana. I view him as a steal..."

... is probably as important as anything about these two signings. Mid-major schools like Montana have to scramble to gain the attention of promising young players either by getting the jump on young talent, getting to know them, staying in contact, establishing trust and making them feel part of the program before they make any signing decisions... OR

finding a player that's flying under the radar, usually a "late bloomer" of sorts... it's a gamble that may or may not pay off down the road. More and more schools are locating these profiles overseas.

I think it's a plus to have this kind of diversity... for a lot of reasons. But I believe we can look at every 2017 recruit as a potential steal, from the extra early signing by Timmy Falls, to unique factors with Nicholas, Kramer and Bevens as well. I'll repeat what others on this board have written of late: there's a bunch of raw talent on this young Griz team... with a very high ceiling. Look forward to seeing how it develops.

AZDoc said:
casewinter13 said:
AZDoc said:
driftwood said:
i may be wrong, but i believe he is refering to his athleticism.

Watching the film I'd agree. He's a bit raw, and yes he needs to throw it down near the rim. Some of that crap he is putting up won't float in college basketball. I think decent developmental player. I honestly looking at that think it'd been better for a "rent a big" for the year and get someone a bit more polished. I hope he proves me wrong. I'd rather they went back to Australia though if you are looking for an under the radar type player.
Thank God you and Flathead don't handle our recruiting efforts. But we're all entitled to have an opinion!

HAHAHA right...I agree he uses both hands. Feet are pretty good, yes. Needs to be more aggressive and dominate. Explain his 6.8 rpg as a 7' player in HS Mr. Recruiting coordinator. That is aggression and attitude. The 2 things I said he needed to work on.

The previous year at VES, they had a 6'11" - who averaged 11.3 ppg, ONLY 4.3 rpg, and 2 blocks per game.

His name? Sacha Killeya-Jones - who now plays for Kentucky. They must be doing something right in their program. They had another in that class transfer to Pitt (Justice Kithcart).

ordigger said:
AZDoc said:
casewinter13 said:
AZDoc said:
Watching the film I'd agree. He's a bit raw, and yes he needs to throw it down near the rim. Some of that crap he is putting up won't float in college basketball. I think decent developmental player. I honestly looking at that think it'd been better for a "rent a big" for the year and get someone a bit more polished. I hope he proves me wrong. I'd rather they went back to Australia though if you are looking for an under the radar type player.
Thank God you and Flathead don't handle our recruiting efforts. But we're all entitled to have an opinion!

HAHAHA right...I agree he uses both hands. Feet are pretty good, yes. Needs to be more aggressive and dominate. Explain his 6.8 rpg as a 7' player in HS Mr. Recruiting coordinator. That is aggression and attitude. The 2 things I said he needed to work on.

The previous year at VES, they had a 6'11" - who averaged 11.3 ppg, ONLY 4.3 rpg, and 2 blocks per game.

His name? Sacha Killeya-Jones - who now plays for Kentucky. They must be doing something right in their program. They had another in that class transfer to Pitt (Justice Kithcart).

Now that is interesting. Kentucky is my team and didn't make that connection. Appreciate it.

Nice to see some size inside with some of our speed and guards outside. Seemed to be an Achilles heal last year. If he red shirts, it'll give him time to put on some muscle. Looks like a nice signing, along with the what we have now.

An excellent defending small forward trying defend a 6'8" power forward is still a big mismatch...good to see the big boys coming!

GrizWhiz said:
There has been no mention of Besovic on Gogriz yet. I wonder if there is delay of some sort. :?

You likely know this by now... The story on Besovic is now up at GoGriz.
http://www.gogriz.com/news/2017/4/25/mens-basketball-griz-add-height-in-the-post-with-besovic.aspx

Well I'm a liken his strength & elbows especially after a couple of years working in the Champions center!

Back