• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz Jack Williams

He kind of has a strange shooting motion. Looks like a good addition though. Proven he can score and rebound at the D1 level.

mtgrizrule said:
Good to see the GRIZ got some size and a capable shooter. He reminds me a lot of Mathias Ward. I hope the GRIZ will work with him on his inside scoring too. Someone has to pick up that slack when Akoh is on the bench. I am sure Kramer is developing his inside game too.

Looks like Williams can be a valuable contributor and give the line up some versatility. I am thinking the GRIZ will start 4 perimeter players and Akoh. Dorsey will likely be getting 25+ minutes per game, if healthy. That would leave Williams to rotational minutes off the bench. I am thinking we will need 12+ minutes per game from Williams.

Welcome to GRIZ Nation Jack, family, and friends.
If Dorsey is healthy he starts.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

flatheadgriz406 said:
AZDoc said:
Anyone heard about Dorsey? The interview with coach Cobb said something like "trying to figure out the Dorsey thing". In context it sounded like maybe a medical redshirt...but also could've been a ability to play at all as a possibility. In the sentence/context of him answering the question, really could've been seen as either. Anyone else hear that or know anything?

He's been playing sounds like he would be 100% by next year. Still messing with the idiots that run the NCAA. If hip tumor missing the whole season doesn't spell medical greyshirt I don't know what would.

Yes but that doesn’t matter until end of season, other than for recruiting really. The NCAA certainly isn’t going to be speedy for an institution that gives benefits to its football players and just coming off of punishment!

Good write up on him.....all 4 coaches went to see him and that factored into decision. He had a lot of places wanting him

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/pacific-grad-transfer-jack-williams-commits-to-montana-grizzlies/article_21e3ea4a-4b59-59b7-a840-d5c49ba79816.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Sam A. Blitz said:
He kind of has a strange shooting motion. Looks like a good addition though. Proven he can score and rebound at the D1 level.

I agree. He looks late on his release to me. His upward momentum is completely stopped and I think he may actually be descending when he releases. Seems to work for him though. We need a near 40% three point shooter. I guess if it aint broke....

cmtgrizzly said:
Sam A. Blitz said:

I agree. He looks late on his release to me. His upward momentum is completely stopped and I think he may actually be descending when he releases. Seems to work for him though. We need a near 40% three point shooter. I guess if it aint broke....

Moorehead, sometimes has a funky shot too. It didn't hinder him as much this last season, as it did the prior season.

Griz hoops lands grad transfer forward Williams
https://skylinesportsmt.com/griz-hoops-lands-grad-transfer-forward-williams/

My LA buddy, who follows the Griz closely and played college hoops, says Travis wants this guy's length for D, including trap D. Length. Mobile. And can shoot the 3. Looks like a team player too.

Back